Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:no one said Cam Robinson is a top 5 lock, you made it up

During the 2016 season someone wrote he is expected to be a top 5 pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ability to play soccer. Come on. They both are average LT. Is that understandable? If not, i'm sorry, but we're loitering over this long enough.

Luke Joeckel is not an average LT. Kelvin Beachum is not great, but he is better than Joeckel at the position.

My dog is uglier than yours

Quote:My dog is uglier than yours

That is impossible. I don't have a dog.

Quote:Cam Robinson does not have a knee issue people thought was going to require surgery.

Guns and drugs aren't bad? Or off field issues?

Let's call up LaEll Collins and see how that worked out.

The point was that nobody expected Jack to fall into round 2.

Quote:Myles Jack

Myles Jack was coming off a serious knee injury and it was unclear whether he would play in 2016. That's why he fell to round 2.

Quote:Luke Joeckel is not an average LT. Kelvin Beachum is not great, but he is better than Joeckel at the position.

Did you look at the stats? Did you watch them play? Ones strength is the others weekness. They are both average. The fact Joeckel can play and is willing to play LG even gives him a leg up (no pun intended). Seems the Jags may agree.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Myles Jack was coming off a serious knee injury and it was unclear whether he would play in 2016. That's why he fell to round 2.

Nobody doubted Myles Jack would play in 2016. The concern was longevity.

Quote:Isn't Andrew Whitworth almost 36 years old 

Yes.

Quote:Myles Jack was coming off a serious knee injury and it was unclear whether he would play in 2016. That's why he fell to round 2.

I know. But none of us saw him in round 2. Except for the guy that made that post about getting Ramsey and Jack.

Off field issues are just as bad a medical issues. Laelle Collins.

Quote:Did you look at the stats? Did you watch them play? Ones strength is the others weekness. They are both average. The fact Joeckel can play and is willing to play LG even gives him a leg up (no pun intended). Seems the Jags may agree.

The Jaguars agree with me Luke Joeckel is not worth the cost of a fifth year option. Also, the fact that we moved him inside and signed Kelvin Beachum for the LT job tells you how much faith coaches lost in his ability to play outside.

I have seen both linemen play. I also have to watch 21 other players at the same time on every play.

Quote:That is impossible. I don't have a dog.

Just a general statement

Quote:naw, just got caught with a gun and drugs, that is all

He'll still be a first round pick, since he is arguably the 2nd best LT in the draft behind Ramczyk and this is a very thin LT class. I think he could go as high as #8 to Carolina. They have big needs at OT and CB. At worst, I can't see him falling passed New England in round 1. 

Quote:I know. But none of us saw him in round 2. Except for the guy that made that post about getting Ramsey and Jack.

If you can't even spell La'el, you don't even know what you are talking about.

Quote:He'll still be a first round pick, since he is arguably the 2nd best LT in the draft behind Ramczyk and this is a very thin LT class. I think he could go as high as #8 to Carolina. They have big needs at OT and CB. At worst, I can't see him falling passed New England in round 1. 

New England owns the last pick in round 1. Do you know how the draft order is determined?

Beachum seems rather opinionated. Maybe he expressed a few opinions / concerns with the new staff that led them to go another direction. 

I see no other reason to not re-up his contract. 

Quote:I know. But none of us saw him in round 2. Except for the guy that made that post about getting Ramsey and Jack.

La'el Collins was a special circumstance. He had unfounded rumors swirling around him the night before the draft about his ex girlfriend being murdered. The police wouldn't say anything and teams did not have time to clear him before they started selecting. No one knew what was going on. I still feel sorry for Collins. He wasn't even in the same state as the murdered girl and had broken up with her long before the murder. Even though he was never really a suspect to begin with, the uncertainty of NFL teams costs him a chance at being drafted and he lost a ton of money. He was a sure-fire first rounder. 

Quote:Just a general statement

Just a lie.

Since they're not renewing the contract, could we possibly see a complimentary pick if he signs elsewhere even though we had the option? 

Quote:Since they're not renewing the contract, could we possibly see a complimentary pick if he signs elsewhere even though we had the option? 

They are called compensatory picks. That would come next year. To get one, we would have to lose more UFAs than we acquire.