Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Will he be retained? I'd like to see him stay, he has a nasty streak in him and I think he'll improve in the run game with more time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Deadline to pick up Beachum option is today, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet.

Quote:Deadline to pick up Beachum option is today, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet.

Do you have a source? Concerning if true

Quote:Do you have a source? Concerning if true
Read it here but also somewhere else: 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7687/kelvin-beachum

Quote:Read it here but also somewhere else:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7687/kelvin-beachum'>http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7687/kelvin-beachum</a>

This is one of the few players the Jags cannot afford to lose. We already need a RT, don't need to find a new LT too

Quote:Deadline to pick up Beachum option is today, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet.

The franchise tag is not necessary for him. There already are four more years on his contract.

Quote:The franchise tag is not necessary for him. There already are four more years on his contract.
Who said anything about the franchise tag?

Beachum signed a one year contract last year with a 4 year option that must be picked up within today to activate it.

Quote:The franchise tag is not necessary for him. There already are four more years on his contract.

Not if we don't pick up his option

I would love to see him stay too. Guess we will see what Coughlin decides.

He is a solid player and should be retained even as a back-up if TC decides to go a different direction. I would like it if they kept him and went Guard with the #2 pick this year. 

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I can't think of any reason they don't pick up his option.

Quote:He is a solid player and should be retained even as a back-up if TC decides to go a different direction. I would like it if they kept him and went Guard with the #2 pick this year.

I think he's better than you give him credit for here, but I do agree with out second pick. OL of some sort is what I fully expect. Depending on FA that could be a G or a T. I'm leaning Robinson to replace Parnell at that pick myself
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

4 years 40 million if they pick it up, if memory serves me correctly (a stretch indeed). I think it's fair when you consider the alternatives, but they might think it's a bit high for a guy who isn't the greatest run blocker. I think they pretty much have to keep him, we'll see. I'll be surprised, not shocked, if they don't exercise the option.

Quote:I think he's better than you give him credit for here, but I do agree with out second pick. OL of some sort is what I fully expect. Depending on FA that could be a G or a T. I'm leaning Robinson to replace Parnell at that pick myself

A little off topic, but did I hear online somewhere where Cam has off the field issues/problems? Talent isn't being questioned at all, but does TC go after any players with off the field concerns? Especially with the #2 pick?

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:This is one of the few players the Jags cannot afford to lose. We already need a RT, don't need to find a new LT too

Especially in a class of sub par LT's where only 2-3 have shown they can be day 1 starters. If we don't pick up his option, LT would shoot to the #1 need on this team. We cannot afford to do something so stupid. Pick up that option now. What are we waiting for?

Resigned Abry Jones, looks like they're doing signings today so I'd expect Beachum's option to be taken very soon.

I can't see how they don't keep the guy unless they have a better option. I don't see a better proven option currently.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

If they don't buy his option, it makes me start to think they've already got something cooking in terms of a trade for a tackle,  or there's a trade down in the draft being worked out. 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 01:26 PM by irontrooper83.)

Quote:4 years 40 million if they pick it up, if memory serves me correctly (a stretch indeed). I think it's fair when you consider the alternatives, but they might think it's a bit high for a guy who isn't the greatest run blocker. I think they pretty much have to keep him, we'll see. I'll be surprised, not shocked, if they don't exercise the option.
I think those numbers are correct but I recall reading somewhere that it's like they have 4 yearly options,basically after every year they'd have the option with those pre-determined figures to pick up if they want to. Not sure if it's like that but I definitely read it around.

Either way I think it's to be expected that they'll pick it up, draft tackles aren't that good and FA is the same (beside Wagner who is a left tackle though).

I wonder if the fact that he played the second half of the season with a really sore knee and with having to miss practices at least for a day every week has raised some concerns on his knee.

Probably just speculation and they'll announce the deal later in the day.

Quote:I think those numbers are correct but I recall reading somewhere that it's like they have 4 yearly options,basically after every year they'd have the option with those pre-determined figures to pick up if they want to. Not sure if it's like that but I definitely read it around.

It's not contracted as an option each year, but all his guaranteed money would come in 2017. So cutting him in subsequent off seasons would be a little kinder to the Jags' bottom line. 

Quote:General manager Dave Caldwell protected the Jaguars long-term with the Beachum deal. The contract essentially offers a year-to-year option for the team as there is no guaranteed money beyond the first season. The Jaguars can put off upgrading at left tackle for another year or gain a better understanding of Beachum's worth after another season of work.

Mike Kaye ^