Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The Official Schedule Release Thread***

Quote:Coming off an 8-8 season and added N Suh, Jordan Cameron, and Kenny Stills

I don't know. Clay, Hartline and Wallace to Cameron and Stills is kind of a wash.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:His season last season was higher than he'll do now and jaguars play at home.

We played them at home last season too. You think Tannehill will have a worse year this season?

Quote:We played them at home last season too. You think Tannehill will have a worse year this season?

I think jaguars play them best this year. I think Tennehill will not be better like last year.

The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins in the first half last year. They had outgained Miami something ridiculous like 220 yards to 40 yards and were losing. Bortles had an INT returned over 80 yards for a TD. Scobee had a field goal blocked. Bortles fumbled at his own 20. They should have been comfortably ahead but couldn't get out of their own way. 

;

;

Quote:The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins in the first half last year. They had outgained Miami something ridiculous like 220 yards to 40 yards and were losing. Bortles had an INT returned over 80 yards for a TD. Scobee had a field goal blocked. Bortles fumbled at his own 20. They should have been comfortably ahead but couldn't get out of their own way. 

Yes! I think the jaguars are much better because bortles is much better!

Quote:The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins in the first half last year. They had outgained Miami something ridiculous like 220 yards to 40 yards and were losing. Bortles had an INT returned over 80 yards for a TD. Scobee had a field goal blocked. Bortles fumbled at his own 20. They should have been comfortably ahead but couldn't get out of their own way.

We honestly outplayed them, but just couldn't capitalize at all. The defense was very, very good.

*waits for SpeedyG to come in saying "HOWZ DID WE OUTPLAY THEM OF WE LOST?!?!*
Shock the world

Jags over/under win total set at 5.5 prior to the draft and we open as 4 point underdogs vs Carolina.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/4/22/8...ans-titans
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Honestly, does it really matter who we play or when we play them? The losses will come early and often, like they do every year, and the season will essentially be over by the start of November.

The best I am hoping for is the Jags don't get smacked around and embarrassed every other week. Hopefully a few more seasons of tanking will land us the elite impact player or two that we need to turn this around.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We did. It was a game we should have won. But we didn't. 

Quote:We honestly outplayed them, but just couldn't capitalize at all. The defense was very, very good.

*waits for SpeedyG to come in saying "HOWZ DID WE OUTPLAY THEM OF WE LOST?!?!*

For someone who doesn't want to focus on how the Jaguars did last season, you sure do talk alot about last season.

The Tampa game is my birthday!! Looks like the gang and I are planning our first road trip game. 

Quote:For someone who doesn't want to focus on how the Jaguars did last season, you sure do talk alot about last season.

I saw progression and a young team that was close to winning around 7/8 games without capitalizing on a few plays, for example the Houston game where Shorts dropped the game winner. I know more football than you, that's a fact. I brought up this season's schedule and you came in talking about last year....so who's the idiot?

I know a girl named Betty who's extremely annoying and pessimistic about many things. You remind me of Betty. You are now BettyG to me.

Go Jags.
Shock the world

Quote:Honestly, does it really matter who we play or when we play them? The losses will come early and often, like they do every year, and the season will essentially be over by the start of November.

The best I am hoping for is the Jags don't get smacked around and embarrassed every other week. Hopefully a few more seasons of tanking will land us the elite impact player or two that we need to turn this around.

I get what you are talking about, but I think it's actually important when you play against which team. It's just that right now nobody knows whether it's better to play against the Dolphins in week 2 or week 10, because we don't know in what position both teams will be at different times (form, injuries,...) Then, playing against the team like Patriots on the road is always tough for every opponent, if you play there in September or December, but what if Tom Brady gets injured a week before you play them and miss a game? Yes, you could still lose, but win possibility goes up. Those are all things we can't predict, so it's hard to count wins and losses when looking at schedule, even if most fans (including me) do that every year.

Also, I see SOS (strength of schedule), based on last years records used a lot in the media, but don't give it much importance. Yes, there are around 4 or 5 consistently good (10+ wins) teams and there are consistently bad teams, but there are also 20 or more teams in the middle. And for some of those teams their records can change dramatically (for 3 or 5 wins/losses, sometimes even more) from year to year. So a game that looks easy/hard on the paper right now can be seen a lot harder/easier when it's time to play the game. Consequently, an easy looking schedule in April can look very hard in November.

All of this is why I'm not really excited about schedule release. I'm interested in some games (especially divisional) more than others, but I mostly look at the number of Prime-time games (they started at 2:30 AM where I live, but of course I watch all of the Seahawks games) and when we have a bye week (because I hate it Smile) - I prefer a bye later in the season.

Talking about bye weeks. Does anyone think the league should schedule byes for all teams around weeks 7 to 11? I don't know, week 4 just seems too early for starting byes to me. But of course, sometimes this can be good for a team that has injury problems early in the season.  

Can't wait to face you guys in week 2  :yes:

Quote:Can't wait to face you guys in week 2 :yes:

Should be another good game.
Shock the world

Quote:I get what you are talking about, but I think it's actually important when you play against which team. It's just that right now nobody knows whether it's better to play against the Dolphins in week 2 or week 10, because we don't know in what position both teams will be at different times (form, injuries,...) Then, playing against the team like Patriots on the road is always tough for every opponent, if you play there in September or December, but what if Tom Brady gets injured a week before you play them and miss a game? Yes, you could still lose, but win possibility goes up. Those are all things we can't predict, so it's hard to count wins and losses when looking at schedule, even if most fans (including me) do that every year.

Also, I see SOS (strength of schedule), based on last years records used a lot in the media, but don't give it much importance. Yes, there are around 4 or 5 consistently good (10+ wins) teams and there are consistently bad teams, but there are also 20 or more teams in the middle. And for some of those teams their records can change dramatically (for 3 or 5 wins/losses, sometimes even more) from year to year. So a game that looks easy/hard on the paper right now can be seen a lot harder/easier when it's time to play the game. Consequently, an easy looking schedule in April can look very hard in November.

All of this is why I'm not really excited about schedule release. I'm interested in some games (especially divisional) more than others, but I mostly look at the number of Prime-time games (they started at 2:30 AM where I live, but of course I watch all of the Seahawks games) and when we have a bye week (because I hate it Smile) - I prefer a bye later in the season.

Talking about bye weeks. Does anyone think the league should schedule byes for all teams around weeks 7 to 11? I don't know, week 4 just seems too early for starting byes to me. But of course, sometimes this can be good for a team that has injury problems early in the season.  

I don't think the television networks would go for the grouping of bye weeks into such a short period of time. That would eliminate too many teams, especially too many good teams and match ups that the networks crave. 

Taking six teams or so out of the mix for five weeks in a row would do real harm to TV ratings, so the best you can hope for is that the NFL tries to rotate at what time in a season each team gets their bye.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Making my weekend reservations in Siesta Key now for the Tampa Bay game. I love Siesta Key.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That sucks for fans attending the games. We have an 8 week stretch where we get one lousy game at home.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

I don't care if erry game is on the road I wanna wwwwinnnn.

Quote:5 AND 1???? you talking 5-1?  I'm just trying to get 0-6.  That's at least a start.  But I agree 0-7 would be embarrassing, especially in the AFCS.  Gus should be fired if that happens.

"I'm just trying to get 0-6"

What does this even mean?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.