Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Staff Speculation/Suggestion (merged)

Linehan or McAdoo for OC.... Good Grief.

Let's hope they are waiting for someone who's still coaching but I'm not sure who that could be honestly. Maybe Kafka?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate that we haven't heard anything on Wash

(01-15-2020, 09:16 PM)Brett Wrote: Sooo......Wash hasn't been fired yet. Does that mean he is here to stay since it hasn't happened yet or not necessarily?

They cant fire Wash, Yan is a fan of Wash and if they have any hope of keeping and signing him is to keep Wash. now i think that is just stupid, but they kept dougie fresh moron cause the players like him. who would not like a hc who does not yell at you when you make a penalty or have any hard practices or makes you play in preseason games they love club doug.

(01-17-2020, 10:35 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:16 PM)Brett Wrote: Sooo......Wash hasn't been fired yet. Does that mean he is here to stay since it hasn't happened yet or not necessarily?

They cant fire Wash, Yan is a fan of Wash and if they have any hope of keeping and signing him is to keep Wash. now i think that is just stupid, but they kept dougie fresh moron cause the players like him. who would not like a hc who does not yell at you when you make a penalty or have any hard practices or makes you play in preseason games they love club doug.

Yeah, because players don't care about stuff like winning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So if it comes down to Yan will stay if Wash stays, or Yan wants to leave if we fire Wash, which one do yall want?

(01-17-2020, 10:35 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

This might be the worst leap of logic I've ever seen. Please tell me you don't actually believe this. 

If they keep Wash, it's because they believe lack of talent at DT and LB are more to blame than Wash is. 
Not to appease Ngakoue. They can just tag Ngakoue regardless of who coaches the defense.

(01-17-2020, 10:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if it comes down to Yan will stay if Wash stays, or Yan wants to leave if we fire Wash, which one do yall want?

It does not in any way come down to that.

The tag prevents it and it's a horse [BLEEP] notion in the first place.

(01-17-2020, 10:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if it comes down to Yan will stay if Wash stays, or Yan wants to leave if we fire Wash, which one do yall want?

Keep Wash to keep Yan
and next year we're cleaning house with Yan locked up long term.

hahahah That's not a thing

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 10:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-17-2020, 10:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 10:35 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: They cant fire Wash, Yan is a fan of Wash and if they have any hope of keeping and signing him is to keep Wash. now i think that is just stupid, but they kept dougie fresh moron cause the players like him. who would not like a hc who does not yell at you when you make a penalty or have any hard practices or makes you play in preseason games they love club doug.

This might be the worst leap of logic I've ever seen. Please tell me you don't actually believe this. 

If they keep Wash, it's because they believe lack of talent at DT and LB are more to blame than Wash is. 
Not to appease Ngakoue. They can just tag Ngakoue regardless of who coaches the defense.

It might come down to that if Yan says he dont want to be here if Wash gets fired.

(01-17-2020, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
hahahah That's not a thing

I'm glad you know what Yan has told the office behind closed doors, you have no clue.  Prospect the main reason we kept Doug as well

(01-17-2020, 10:35 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: They cant fire Wash, Yan is a fan of Wash and if they have any hope of keeping and signing him is to keep Wash. now i think that is just stupid, but they kept dougie fresh moron cause the players like him. who would not like a hc who does not yell at you when you make a penalty or have any hard practices or makes you play in preseason games they love club doug.

Also Yan has stated he wont play on the tag

(01-17-2020, 10:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hate that we haven't heard anything on Wash

We won't. He's staying.

lol dude, Peyton Manning might as well have been the Colts' GM (he basically was, watch some Pat McAfee videos about it), and even he didn't get to pick his own coach or coordinators.

(01-17-2020, 10:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 10:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This might be the worst leap of logic I've ever seen. Please tell me you don't actually believe this. 

It might come down to that if Yan says he dont want to be here if Wash gets fired.

(01-17-2020, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: hahahah That's not a thing

I'm glad you know what Yan has told the office behind closed doors, you have no clue.  Prospect the main reason we kept Doug as well

You got a quote on that? I've seen only speculation.

(01-17-2020, 10:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 10:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It might come down to that if Yan says he dont want to be here if Wash gets fired.

You got a quote on that? I've seen only speculation.
I dont have a quote, cant remember where I seen that.  If that was just speculation than it's a good option to have.  Try to work out a deal and if you cant resign him tag him.  I hope I didnt really say that.

(01-17-2020, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 10:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You got a quote on that? I've seen only speculation.
I dont have a quote, cant remember where I seen that.  If that was just speculation than it's a good option to have.  Try to work out a deal and if you cant resign him tag him.  I hope I didnt really say that.

Right. 

It's just speculation. 

Yan is not tied to Wash and Marrone wasn't retained to appease players either. 
These decisions are a result of Khan being (overly) patient with his GM and HC. 
These attempts to connect dots with "Yan wants this coach" and "Doug is only here because players" is a bunch of herp-derp bologna.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 08:08 PM by Mowerguy.)

well, here's where Garrett is going

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1217...nfl-job%2F
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-17-2020, 08:07 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: well, here's where Garrett is going

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1217...nfl-job%2F

Yeah, according to Ed Werner it's official now:

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/...0808650752

I wonder how he will end up faring with the Giants.

I will feel good if they land McAdoo or Linehan

If it drags out... I’m rooting for Khan himself to call the plus.

“”Hey Gardner, give it to Leonard. Ok, second and 9, hand it to Leonard again. Okay, we’re in a bind here. 3rd and 8. Tell DJ to go out for a pass and throw it to him.

(01-17-2020, 09:43 PM)Jags Wrote: If it drags out... I’m rooting for Khan himself to call the plus.  

“”Hey Gardner, give it to Leonard.   Ok, second and 9, hand it to Leonard again.  Okay, we’re in a bind here.  3rd and 8.  Tell DJ to go out for a pass and throw it to him.

I know you are kidding, but the resident crew that complained all year about some mythical "run, run, pass" offensive strategy they thought  they perceived should be aware that the Jaguars passed on 61% of their first downs in 2019.

That's the twelfth most in the entire league. More than KC, PHI, DAL, HOU, GB, NE, SF, BALT, and several others. 

Fans are so quick to blame playcalling and scheme for poor player execution that these perceptions become very skewed. All three were factors in the Jags struggles last season, but the notion they didn't throw on 1st down is inaccurate.

Yeah the run game issues was more so in the red zone than anywhere else

(01-17-2020, 10:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 09:43 PM)Jags Wrote: If it drags out... I’m rooting for Khan himself to call the plus.  

“”Hey Gardner, give it to Leonard.   Ok, second and 9, hand it to Leonard again.  Okay, we’re in a bind here.  3rd and 8.  Tell DJ to go out for a pass and throw it to him.

I know you are kidding, but the resident crew that complained all year about some mythical "run, run, pass" offensive strategy they thought  they perceived should be aware that the Jaguars passed on 61% of their first downs in 2019.

That's the twelfth most in the entire league. More than KC, PHI, DAL, HOU, GB, NE, SF, BALT, and several others. 

Fans are so quick to blame playcalling and scheme for poor player execution that these perceptions become very skewed. All three were factors in the Jags struggles last season, but the notion they didn't throw on 1st down is inaccurate.

Very much agreed.  And yes, per usual, I was kidding.  I think we had (compared to previous years) a more balanced and less predictable offense.  It was refreshing to a degree.  With the exception of output at times.  I remember numerous times we passed on first. Which, I’ll admit, I was surprised.  But refreshing nonetheless.