Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles traded to Chicago (merged)

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 02:50 PM by knarnn.)

Just ride out this season with Minshew. If he good then great, you got him on the cheap for 2 more years and can use next year cap and picks to build around him. If he doesn’t prove to be the guy, then we are in prime position to get the best QB to come out in the draft since Manning.

(03-18-2020, 02:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Damn 12 picks.  Let’s hope they make good use of them all.

I doubt they’ll be using all 12 picks. Caldwell likes to trade up and I can see him targeting a few players early.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2020, 02:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 02:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Let me preface by reminding you guys that overr the years, my track record at picking QBs hasn't exactly been stellar.

That said, I would be THRILLED with Tua.  He would be my preference without a doubt.  I see him as a left handed Drew Brees.

But with Jay Gruden on staff, I am more comfortable taking Herbert and Love as well, because I think Gruden can develop him properly.

I think Tua is the best of the QB prospects.  I think Love is more of the Gruden type of QB prospects and I think Herbert is the more prototypical prospect.  Based on the Senior Bowl week and combineI think he has the mobility that might appeal to Gruden, but I think Love is better in that area.

No thanks. I think if you trade up to that 2nd overall pick and pass up on Chase Young you would be a damn fool. I don't think we'll trade up anyway to be honest with you. Washington is going to get him. 

I think they're going to fully commit to Minshew this year. I think your better QB prospects are in 2021 and not in 2020. I think Lawrence and Fields will end up being better PRO's than Burrow, Herbert & Tagovailoa. 

Love reeks of Trubisky to me. Pass on him too.

I focused more on the who to get part, and not at all on the trade up thing..  Mea culpa.

Focusing on the trade up aspect, history suggests this team will not trade up in the first round, though I will acknowledge that this is the first time since 1998 we've had more than one first round pick, and the first time since 1996 we've had this many picks in a draft with which to move.

I doubt we move up, unless maybe Tua falls below a certain point.  Considering the Bolts lost Rivers and did not land Brady, the Bolts are motivated to take a QB.

Excluding the Bengals, who I presume will not be trading down, these teams need a QB:

5. Miami
6. Chargers
7.  Panthers

All three have the luxury of superior draft position to ours, and Miami has the draft capital (both this year and next) to fight off any attempt by the Jaguars to bypass them.

I have to think the highest we trade up, if at all, is #4.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-18-2020, 02:49 PM)knarnn Wrote: Just ride out this season with Minshew. If he good then great, you got him on the cheap for 2 more years and can use next year cap and picks to build around him. If he doesn’t prove to be the guy, then we are in prime position to get the best QB to come out in the draft since Manning.

(03-18-2020, 02:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Damn 12 picks.  Let’s hope they make good use of them all.

I doubt they’ll be using all 12 picks. Caldwell likes to trade up and I can see him targeting a few players early.

Indeed. NT/DT/CB is still very much a likelihood at 9 and 20, imo. But after that, shore up the OL, add some more weapons and let's see what kind of Magic the kid can bring.

I think by drafts end 12 picks will end up being more like 7 or 8, with a solid 4 starters coming from those selections. (NT, CB, WR/TE, RG)

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 02:56 PM by NCJag.)

If this is to be believed, Jags/Colts were haggling at trade compensation for Foles.......don't know if id believe that when they JUST gave Phillip Rivers 25 MIL yesterday....
Unless...it was PRIOR to signing Rivers...and then the Bears caved today. Either way...DOPE
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1240332773342281733

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

And not that long ago, people were talking about trading away OUR 2nd rounder to get rid of Foles...

(03-18-2020, 02:38 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: We have 12 by my count.

Two in the first round

20 (from the Rams)

1 on the 2nd

1 in the 3rd

Our own 73

3 in the 4th round
Our Own
Denver's
Chicago's

2 in the 5th
our own
Baltimore's

2 in the 6th

Our own
Seattle's

1 in the 7th
This draft will be the most fun to watch. I expect Caldwell to make several trades on draft day. The 5 picks in rounds 4 and 5 should be used to aggressively trade up. If Yannick gets traded for a 1st rounder, they could end up with 7 or 8 draft picks in the top 3 rounds. If Caldwell does as well as he did with his last draft class, there actually is reason to be enthusiastic that things can turn around beginning in the 2021-22 season.

This should be a fun draft to follow.

There are so many options we will have with all of those picks.

Though the lease likely scenario, all of those extra picks give us the option of moving up.  If we stand pat, we could load up in interior OL, DL and WRss in those rounds.

There is also the possibility of trading back from wither 9 or 20 and adding more mid round picks.

This doesn't even factor in whatever windfall we'd recoup from a trade of Ngakoue (though I do not want to see that.  I
d rather he and the team amicably agree to a long term deal keeping him a Jaguar.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-18-2020, 02:55 PM)NCJag Wrote: If this is to be believed, Jags/Colts were haggling at trade compensation for Foles.......don't know if id believe that when they JUST gave Phillip Rivers 25 MIL yesterday....
Unless...it was PRIOR to signing Rivers...and then the Bears caved today.  Either way...DOPE
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1240332773342281733

Jags probably wanted more than a 4th to trade Foles to a division rival and upon the steeper demand the clots opted to sign Rivers.
Bears are desperate if you ask me. Foles isn't putting them over the top imo.....

But I ain't mad at it...

The Bears are dumber than the Texans. Well done Jags.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Let the Jordan Love era begin. CBSsports has the Jaguars drafting him at 9. He's better than noodle arm Minshew.

(03-18-2020, 03:11 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Let the Jordan Love era begin.   CBSsports has the Jaguars drafting him at 9.  He's better than noodle arm Minshew.

Trolololollll..

Jordan Love sucks.

Is it just me, or is Dave Caldwell having a [BLEEP] great off-season so far?

I cant tell whats dropping quicker, us or the stock market.

Welcome to the Jags Hall of Fame Foles, add it to the list of awful moves by this team. Foles was so unlucky getting injured so early but it was rough dropping him in with a new team after the bye and expecting to click. Could do well in Chicago with Nagy

Dave is very bad at almost every aspect of his job, but salvaging mistakes with shrewd trades (Calais notwithstanding) has been a decent calling card.

A 4th? And take the 18 million hit. That wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 03:33 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-18-2020, 03:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Dave is very bad at almost every aspect of his job, but salvaging mistakes with shrewd trades (Calais notwithstanding) has been a decent calling card.

He has a decent eye for WR talent. I'll give him that. Unless he trades up out of those 4th and 5th RD picks I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up landing a gem or two for this roster in that mix. This is a fairly deep WR class. And there's some good RB's to be had late as well. You could make a strong case for CB and edge rusher as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-18-2020, 03:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Dave is very bad at almost every aspect of his job, but salvaging mistakes with shrewd trades (Calais notwithstanding) has been a decent calling card.

He has a decent eye for WR talent. I'll give him that. Unless he trades up out of those 4th and 5th RD picks I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up landing a gem or two for this roster in that mix. This is a fairly deep WR class. And there's some good RB's to be had late as well. You could make a strong case for CB and edge rusher as well.
He’s got his eye on someone at the top of round 2. All these 4ths are going to be used to trade up IMO.

(03-18-2020, 03:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He has a decent eye for WR talent. I'll give him that. Unless he trades up out of those 4th and 5th RD picks I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up landing a gem or two for this roster in that mix. This is a fairly deep WR class. And there's some good RB's to be had late as well. You could make a strong case for CB and edge rusher as well.
He’s got his eye on someone at the top of round 2. All these 4ths are going to be used to trade up IMO.

Caldwell is pretty good with 3rd rounders.  I could see those 4th/5th/6th rounders becoming 2 additional 3rds during the draft.

(03-18-2020, 03:16 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Is it just me, or is Dave Caldwell having a [BLEEP] great off-season so far?

We always win the off season.  It's the regular season we struggle with.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-05-2020, 09:22 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Bortles can fetch a 6th round pick, then surely someone who was SB mvp can get something in return. In reality his contract really isn’t that bad.

Yeah I knew this team could get something for Foles. We literally got a 6th round pick for a guy who can’t throw a football, so I really couldn’t understand anyone who thought we wouldn’t get anything for Nick. 

Just highlights how damn important the QB position is.

(03-18-2020, 03:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He has a decent eye for WR talent. I'll give him that. Unless he trades up out of those 4th and 5th RD picks I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up landing a gem or two for this roster in that mix. This is a fairly deep WR class. And there's some good RB's to be had late as well. You could make a strong case for CB and edge rusher as well.

We have way too many picks at this point. There is no way we draft 12 players this year. Even if it is a deep draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]