Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles traded to Chicago (merged)

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 01:29 PM by knarnn.)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878...minshew-ii

Quote: As Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reported, "word is the Jaguars want to go with Gardner Minshew II as their starting QB and, ideally, find a trade partner for Foles."
Of course, his contract would cause the Jaguars to "sweeten the deal" in any trade, potentially adding another pick to move the veteran quarterback. Per Spotrac, Foles has a $22.125 million cap hit for 2020.
A trade this offseason would still leave Jacksonville with $18.75 million in dead cap for 2020, but it would save more than $3 million against the cap as well as most of the actual money owed to the 31-year-old.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Give up Foles and a high pick (if the Osweiler deal is any indication) to save $3 million against the cap. Seems legit.

[Image: 20091119011550834_1.jpg]

Add him to the list of colossal mistakes this franchise has made over the past 20 years: Bryce Paup, Who Douglas, Julius Thomas, Zane Beadles, Aaron Ross....good Christ the list goes on.......

If anyone could add the Chris Jericho "You just made the list" gif to this, I would much appreciate it.....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Anyone noticed that we quickly replaced Cleveland as the "Factory of Sadness"?

Literally nobody wants to come to this team. Can you imagine being an investor in a company that was run like the Jaguars?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 02:08 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Not a huge surprise, but I like to see it officially out there that they want to go with Minshew and willing to move Foles. Better to hear instead of the "we have two good guys who are going to compete" nonsense.

(03-02-2020, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone noticed that we quickly replaced Cleveland as the "Factory of Sadness"?

Literally nobody wants to come to this team. Can you imagine being an investor in a company that was run like the Jaguars?

They're still making money hand over fist. Khan bought the team for $770m and they're worth over $2b today. The product has been bad, but from an investor viewpoint, they're making tons of money.

The Jags are offering Foles, Lot J, and a future Home Game for any team willing to take Foles off our hands.

(03-02-2020, 02:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The Jags are offering Foles, Lot J, and a future Home Game for any team willing to take Foles off our hands.
No! We can't trade away the future greatness of our downtown like that!!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-02-2020, 02:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The Jags are offering Foles, Lot J, and a future Home Game for any team willing to take Foles off our hands.

What? No ham sandwich? OUTRAGE!!!

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-02-2020, 01:28 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878...minshew-ii

Quote: As Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reported, "word is the Jaguars want to go with Gardner Minshew II as their starting QB and, ideally, find a trade partner for Foles."
Of course, his contract would cause the Jaguars to "sweeten the deal" in any trade, potentially adding another pick to move the veteran quarterback. Per Spotrac, Foles has a $22.125 million cap hit for 2020.
A trade this offseason would still leave Jacksonville with $18.75 million in dead cap for 2020, but it would save more than $3 million against the cap as well as most of the actual money owed to the 31-year-old.

This could only mean one thing.  

We'll get somebody to take Foles off of our hands and Minshew will suck or get injured.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-02-2020, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 20091119011550834_1.jpg]

Minshew "wild thang"
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'll pay his contract, but I am not giving up any picks for someone to take Foles off our hands. If anything, I am keeping him as our backup.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-02-2020, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can you imagine being an investor in a company that was run like the Jaguars?

Um, yes. The team is worth well over double what Khan paid for it, with the value only going up as London becomes more and more involved in the business model. If I had bought a 0.1% stake of the team when Khan did, it would have cost me $770,000. I haven't had to incur another penny of expenses on that $770k, aside from taxes, and I would now have $2,000,000 worth of equity in the team. The more this team focuses on London and the closer it gets to moving 4 games/6 games/all the games there, the higher that number gets.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 04:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-02-2020, 03:26 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can you imagine being an investor in a company that was run like the Jaguars?

Um, yes. The team is worth well over double what Khan paid for it, with the value only going up as London becomes more and more involved in the business model. If I had bought a 0.1% stake of the team when Khan did, it would have cost me $770,000. I haven't had to incur another penny of expenses on that $770k, aside from taxes, and I would now have $2,000,000 worth of equity in the team. The more this team focuses on London and the closer it gets to moving 4 games/6 games/all the games there, the higher that number gets.

The stock market has since doubled as well --- can't believe you just kept that $770,000 of yours locked away in your closet.

(03-02-2020, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Literally nobody wants to come to this team. Can you imagine being an investor in a company that was run like the Jaguars?

Actually, I recall the interview with Khan at halftime of the Dec 2011 Falcons game (Jags were losing 27-0) and he stated that he was looking forward to turning this team around.  That was my glimmer of hope (8 years ago).

I'm sure we'd love to dump that contract if someone would take it. But I also wonder if there is a first round QB we really like.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 05:07 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-02-2020, 04:34 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm sure we'd love to dump that contract if someone would take it.  But I also wonder if there is a first round QB we really like.

There's a decent amount of talent to be had early on at the position. But unless this team is willing to move up inside the top three they won't be landing a QB worth a [BLEEP]. Burrow should be numero uno. Tagovailoa should end up in Miami unless they end up liking Herbert more. And then that leaves the Chargers. 

Jake Fromm is not that good. He looked off at the combine. He looked off all year with Georgia and I watch them. That's my team. But he concerns me at the next level. I would take Jacob Eason though. He has a cannon for an arm. He may need some time to develop but that arm ability is something you either have or don't have. 

After that? I don't know. Don't get the Jordan Love hype. Seems to have come out of nowhere. Maybe Jalen Hurts? I don't know. But if they had an option down the road. Maybe Jacob Eason in RD3?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-02-2020, 03:26 PM)TJBender Wrote:

The intent of my comment was based on the football operations side of the house.

(03-02-2020, 05:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 03:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: Um, yes. The team is worth well over double what Khan paid for it, with the value only going up as London becomes more and more involved in the business model. If I had bought a 0.1% stake of the team when Khan did, it would have cost me $770,000. I haven't had to incur another penny of expenses on that $770k, aside from taxes, and I would now have $2,000,000 worth of equity in the team. The more this team focuses on London and the closer it gets to moving 4 games/6 games/all the games there, the higher that number gets.

The intent of my comment was based on the football operations side of the house.

I'm pretty sure there's a joke I could make here, but I'm too tired to bother trying to mask it well enough that it wouldn't be deleted instantly for taking the whole thread to a different forum.

(03-02-2020, 04:34 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm sure we'd love to dump that contract if someone would take it.  But I also wonder if there is a first round QB we really like.

If there's another QB you like, frickin take him.

Sending extra picks AND eating the cap hit just to move Foles is inept at best.

Cripes we rolled with 3 QB last season once Foles' arm healed, so we replace Dobbs with a rook. Whoop-de-flipping-doop, how is managing a team this difficult?

Hahahahahh