Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 3 at the draft

Day three yikes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 02:12 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Interesting observation:

—Worst game of his season was likely against Miami, his only Power Five matchup of the year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2931...guars-edge

That's why I'm no teams GM, he didn't take over the game, he flashed, and have to take note that the UAB LB'ers are horrible on that defense.

Here is the you tube video of that game i just found.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYIB5zCprl4

Not impressed.

He showed he can get to the QB if unblocked, but I saw no burst, no speed to power, no counter moves.  He has length but that's it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-01-2021, 02:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:16 PM)Gavdab81 Wrote: He's 21 not 29

Yeah, I think his wiki bio is mixed with a baseball pitcher, can't be 29... I hope lol

Haha, I hope so too...
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(05-01-2021, 02:14 PM)jagman Wrote: I'm really upset.  I know more about drafting NFL players than our GM does.  I don't know what our organization's scheme will be this year but I don't have to know because I'm a small business owner and I watch football games on tv.  This makes me an expert on draft day selections.  I don't understand why NFL teams aren't knocking on my door to hire me.
I'm really happy. It doesn't matter who the Jags drafted, even if they'd drafted 7 punters, I'd be happy with the picks. That's because I'm a fanboy. I was a fanboy for Gene Smith and Caldwell too. And look how well that turned out. Being a fanboy is much easier than actually thinking.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:14 PM)jagman Wrote: I'm really upset.  I know more about drafting NFL players than our GM does.  I don't know what our organization's scheme will be this year but I don't have to know because I'm a small business owner and I watch football games on tv.  This makes me an expert on draft day selections.  I don't understand why NFL teams aren't knocking on my door to hire me.
I'm really happy. It doesn't matter who the Jags drafted, even if they'd drafted 7 punters, I'd be happy with the picks. That's because I'm a fanboy. I was a fanboy for Gene Smith and Caldwell too. And look how well that turned out. Being a fanboy is much easier than actually thinking.

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:28 PM by surfon.)

(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The only thing I can think is that they really plan to utilize blocking tight ends this year and they were desperate to find a back up blocking tight end.  because this is absolutely not a receiving tight end.
Of course it's always possible that this was simply self indulgence by Urban Meyer taking one of his own guys.  I hope it wasn't that.

Nailed it.  But man him over brevin jordan.  He is a hell of a blocker tho.  Could have had jordan and him possibly.

I guess we just never get a good receiving te. Yeboah still avail. Maybe in 200s

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:30 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Luke Farrell is the worst pick of this draft. He gets no separation at all. An old, Tim Tebow is probably a better TE prospect. LOL

You are the most negative person on the message board

[Image: AA7W_1_201808272084602663.jpg]

I feel like we should've just taken a chance on Brevin Jordan there instead of Luke Farrell, who probably would've been available in the 6th. But we'll see.

(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Sibelius Wrote:

I guess that's one way to look at it. Ignorance is bliss. LOL.

(05-01-2021, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I'm really happy. It doesn't matter who the Jags drafted, even if they'd drafted 7 punters, I'd be happy with the picks. That's because I'm a fanboy. I was a fanboy for Gene Smith and Caldwell too. And look how well that turned out. Being a fanboy is much easier than actually thinking.

Sure - just wave the teal pompoms and smile. It's almost like being in a cult.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(05-01-2021, 02:07 PM)NCJag Wrote: I honestly wonder if Urbz/Trent read this board and take the most off the wall selections just to get a rise out of everyone.

No, the problem is people here read mock drafts and then have no idea who the rest are. Then they can't admit it when those players are drafted to they get upset instead.

(05-01-2021, 02:27 PM)surfon Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The only thing I can think is that they really plan to utilize blocking tight ends this year and they were desperate to find a back up blocking tight end.  because this is absolutely not a receiving tight end.
Of course it's always possible that this was simply self indulgence by Urban Meyer taking one of his own guys.  I hope it wasn't that.

Nailed it.  But man him over brevin jordan.  He is a hell of a blocker tho.  Could have had jordan and him possibly.
He is a very good blocker.  I watched every game he played and he was one of the reasons the OSU QB's had time to pass or had lanes to run in.  Most of you on this board was screaming for picks that could protect our new QB.

(05-01-2021, 02:28 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I feel like we should've just taken a chance on Brevin Jordan there instead of Luke Farrell, who probably would've been available in the 6th.  But we'll see.

Agreed. At least Jordan is a pass catcher. Maybe Tebow can be our savior at TE. LOL.

I'm not at the point where I hate this draft, but I'm the least enthused about this draft (TL aside) since the Gene Smith drafts.

There are some things that can change my mind.

If Campbell becomes a Pro Bowl player and Little upgrades one of the T positions, this draft changes dramatically for me.

But right now...I'm meh about it.

They’re going to trade for a TE, I’m convinced. I’m not going to worry about the situation until training camp

(05-01-2021, 02:29 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guess that's one way to look at it. Ignorance is bliss. LOL.

Sure - just wave the teal pompoms and smile. It's almost like being in a cult.

Someone help! Get me out of here! I'm being held against my will!

I heard on tv that Farrell plays special teams.  Maybe that was a big factor?  I feel like we used the top pick in the fifth round on a player who will be competing for a third string roster spot.  Couldn't we do better?

(05-01-2021, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I'm really happy. It doesn't matter who the Jags drafted, even if they'd drafted 7 punters, I'd be happy with the picks. That's because I'm a fanboy. I was a fanboy for Gene Smith and Caldwell too. And look how well that turned out. Being a fanboy is much easier than actually thinking.

I think he was being sarcastic.

(05-01-2021, 02:30 PM)jagman Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:27 PM)surfon Wrote: Nailed it.  But man him over brevin jordan.  He is a hell of a blocker tho.  Could have had jordan and him possibly.
He is a very good blocker.  I watched every game he played and he was one of the reasons the OSU QB's had time to pass or had lanes to run in.  Most of you on this board was screaming for picks that could protect our new QB.
They literally just signed a TE in Manhertz to do that exact job.

Where is the diversity? Jags just gonna send out 2 TEs to block?

Again. I’ll get behind it but it’s hard to justify this pick (as well as others).

(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)Ordar Wrote: They’re going to trade for a TE, I’m convinced. I’m not going to worry about the situation until training camp

I think they wait for more cap cuts.