Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 3 at the draft

Anybody in particular you'd like to see us target on day 3? Brevin Jordan is still sitting there and I think he would give us something we currently don't have on the roster at the TE position. Jacoby Stevens is an interesting player who could play a hybrid linebacker safety for us. Uber athlete who I would love to have on the team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think help at line backer here. Maybe a couple of them if there is enough talent at this position left. We need depth. Our back ups were horrible last year and maybe you get lucky and find a good line backer here somewhere

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

I'd like to see an offensive guard and a defensive tackle.   Beef up the trenches with players of the future at OG and more rotational depth at DT.   The better we run the ball and stop the run, the easier things will be for our new QB.  Plus we currently have starting offensive linemen on short term contracts.  So we need to prepare for the future at OL.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:32 AM by ATLjag.)

Best remaining from Daniel Jeremiah's top prospect list....

LB Jabril Cox
RB Michael Carter
C Drew Dalman
Edge Elerson Smith
RB Kenneth Gainwell
CB Zech McPhearson
Edge Cameron Sample
TE Brevin Jordan
WR Tylan Wallace
OT James Hudson

In addition to the top 10 list above, there are some good mid-tier DTs available if they are looking to fill in Tyson's departure: Daviyon Nixon, Marlon Tuipulotu, Tyler Shelvin, Tommy Togiai, and Jay Tufele. If some backups at the OLB/rush positions are needed, some decent guys are there: Smith and Sample from above list, Jonathon Cooper, Quincy Roche, Patrick Johnson, Jordan Smith, and Ogundeji.

With the picks they have made, I have no idea who they will take. For pure need, I would like to take Brevin Jordan...he'll be a serviceable pro TE.

Grab a TE and load up on linemen..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Jabril Cox and Brevin Jordan then some interior o and d line would be my targets.

I guess it depends if they trade for a TE. Meyer in the press conference yesterday was visibly annoyed with the current TE situation. Jordan isn’t the best player available, but they might have to just take him, to give us something at the position.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-01-2021, 07:34 AM)Ordar Wrote: I guess it depends if they trade for a TE. Meyer in the press conference yesterday was visibly annoyed with the current TE situation. Jordan isn’t the best player available, but they might have to just take him, to give us something at the position.

That seems pointless to me.  If he's not the best player available in ROUND 4, what's the point of wasting a pick like that?  I'd much rather wait for training camp cuts, or something like that.  Reaching in round 4?  No.  Not me.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  I'd rather not waste draft picks at this point.  Stick to value.  Any good value pick in round 4 can make this team and contribute.  We're not all that talented yet.  

Now, if he actually is good value at that pick, then by all means, pick him.  I'm just reacting to your idea of reaching.

Cox and Nixon are BAP by at least a tier to me so one of them should be the pick at 106. If that means we miss out on Jordan so be it. We'll survive missing out on a tiny TE who is less athletic than most fullbacks. Get Yeboah and Jacob Harris later on and we'll be even happier in a couple of years.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:58 AM by Bullseye.)

(05-01-2021, 05:50 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Anybody in particular you'd like to see us target on day 3? Brevin Jordan is still sitting there and I think he would give us something we currently don't have on the roster at the TE position. Jacoby Stevens is an interesting player who could play a hybrid linebacker safety for us. Uber athlete who I would love to have on the team.

Trey Smith, Kenny Yeboah, Jabril Cox, Davyion Nixon, Tyler Shelvin, Drew Dalman, Trey Hill, David Njoku (Trade), Dylan Moses, Khyris Tonga, Bobby Brown, Cadn Sterns, and James Wiggins, Marquez Stevenson and Jaelon Darden, and the WR from Iowa. Shaka Toney too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

106 - Daviyon Nixon DT/Iowa
130 - Kenny Yeboah TE/Miss
145 - Adetokunbo Ogundeji DE/ND
170 - Trevon Grimes WR/UF
249 - Josh Ball OT/Marshall

Everyone seems high on Nixon, I don’t know him at all

(05-01-2021, 07:59 AM)Ordar Wrote: Everyone seems high on Nixon, I don’t know him at all

Meet Daviyon Nixon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzZHFp8Ddb4

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 08:06 AM by Upper.)

Weaver would be the pass rusher I want most today. Wouldn't mind one of the FSU athletic stud EDGEs either though.

(05-01-2021, 08:05 AM)Upper Wrote: Weaver would be the pass rusher I want most today. Wouldn't mind one of the FSU athletic stud EDGEs either though.
Whoever you want, have faith the Jags will do the opposite lol

(05-01-2021, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:05 AM)Upper Wrote: Weaver would be the pass rusher I want most today. Wouldn't mind one of the FSU athletic stud EDGEs either though.
Whoever you want, have faith the Jags will do the opposite lol

Laughing Wallbash

As long as they ultimately get the picks right, I'm okay with them disagreeing with who I want.

(05-01-2021, 08:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Whoever you want, have faith the Jags will do the opposite lol

Laughing Wallbash

As long as they ultimately get the picks right, I'm okay with them disagreeing with who I want.
100 agree. I’m willing to see it all play out but I’m getting the same vibes I got last year when the Jags passed on Wirfs and Jefferson.

(05-01-2021, 08:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Laughing Wallbash

100 agree. I’m willing to see it all play out but I’m getting the same vibes I got last year when the Jags passed on Wirfs and Jefferson.

As strange as it sounds given that we drafted TL, the key to this draft may be Walker Little.

Can he be brought up to speed by this coaching staff?  How soon can he reach NFL proficiency?

If he can be brought up to proficiency by mid season and he is starting, it's a victory for us.  If his presence on the roster makes Cam and Taylor perform better t stave off competition, it's a win.  But if he isn't up to par until 2022 at the earliest and he can never shake off the rust or settle on a position, then it's a blown pick.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 09:21 AM by SeldomRite.)

(05-01-2021, 08:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Whoever you want, have faith the Jags will do the opposite lol

Laughing Wallbash

Right. I try not to judge the players taken because I'm not a scout (though I'd have been shocked and convinced they got it wrong had they not taken Trevor). I'll usually only criticize when they do something like taking a running back early when great players at more valuable positions are available.

So I'll wait to see how these guys play on an NFL field before I judge the quality of the draft.

I'm surprised how many guys are left that can definitely help our team. I totally agree with those who say not to reach for a tight end simply due to need. If they are that desperate, they can always trade for one of the veterans talked about. Some names which intrigue me the most are:

James Hudson- Will need to develop at left tackle but has all the physical traits. He can also play guard.

Dayvion Nixon- Very good defensive lineman.

Jabril Cox- Need linebackers and he is great cover guy.

Cameron Sample and Rashad Weaver- Two more defensive linemen who could help.

Tommy Togiai and Tyler Shelvin- Run stuffers on defensive line.

Simi Fehoku- May be best available receiver.

Charles Snowden- Versatile defensive player

I'd take any of these players in round 4 or later.