Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

(09-09-2022, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kinda nervous about JRob.

Akers looked terrible last night and he is about 4 months ahead of JRob after his achilles tear. I think we should temper expectations for JRob. It's great he's even out there but we also may never see the old JRob.

Agreed, I think ETN is clearly the starter and gets the lion share for awhile. Snoop might even be the #2 at this point. We just don't know yet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Akers looked terrible last night and he is about 4 months ahead of JRob after his achilles tear. I think we should temper expectations for JRob. It's great he's even out there but we also may never see the old JRob.

Agree; I'd slow roll his carries for this game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 11:10 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Redskins has arguably the best DT combo in the league. The Allen vs Bartch match up scares me the most this game. Payne vs Fortner will be interesting too

I think week 2 is where JRob shines

Well, one thing about JRob is he didn't rely on his speed. As long as he can still make the cuts, he should be able to perform similarly. The question is how will the heel hold up over the course of the season. We'll see I guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 11:45 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-09-2022, 11:24 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Well, one thing about JRob is he didn't rely on his speed. As long as he can still make the cuts, he should be able to perform similarly. The question is how will the heel hold up over the course of the season. We'll see I guess.
This is what I'm worried about.

JRob may never be the player he once was and it might take him a while to actually get back to being productive. The overwhelming odds are stacked against him.

I think Etienne will get the majority of the Carries. Predict he breaks a long one

Washington starting SS ruled out

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 01:25 PM by Mikey.)

Akers was playing behind a swiss cheese line, FWIW.

But I agree, Jrob gets a few touches sporadically for the first few weeks, not banking on him to carry the offense in any way. Just like Etienne in the preseason, he's gotta get some contact before he can fully trust that he can go 100% again.

(09-09-2022, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Agreed, I think ETN is clearly the starter and gets the lion share for awhile. Snoop might even be the #2 at this point. We just don't know yet.

His preseason sure looked like #2 amirite harf harf

Got a nice big boston pork butt that's going in the crock pot for pulled pork sammiches on kings hawaiian rolls for gameday.. Homemade coleslaw and bbq baked beans for sides.

I so missed this kinda stuff.. been too long..

Go Jags!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

So happy a new season is here and while I have hope that Pederson can turn us around, I'm really limiting expectations, especially after last year. I think this team will get better as the season goes on and learns together (unless the injury bug hits key players). 

It's not the worst week 1 match up, Washington with new QB, on the road, I'd like to see us give it a real shot. Worried about the run D but hoping they step-up. Need Lawrence to have a good game and those around him to do their jobs.

Going for a Jags W but won't overreact if it's a L.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 01:37 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Understandable, though I was never personally all that high on Akers even pre-injury.  Also, JRob had a partial tear of his achillies.  I don't have any personal experience with the injury, but I would think that would be an easier recovery than a full tear.  We'll find out tomorrow though.

Lots of worry expressed about James Robinson.

I'm not worried. The clips I've seen from practices look very encouraging. I think he's close enough to 100% to take a dozen touches or so this week, and hopefully more if he looks and feels good after taking a few hits.

(09-09-2022, 02:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Got a nice big boston pork butt that's going in the crock pot for pulled pork sammiches on kings hawaiian rolls for gameday.. Homemade coleslaw and bbq baked beans for sides.

I so missed this kinda stuff.. been too long..

Go Jags!!

With a side helping of real, actual hope.

Less than 24 hours to go. Wow. Someone pinch me. Go jags!

I am stoked for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately I am headed to Kansas City in the morning. Hopefully I can avoid all updates and watch my recording remotely. I hope that works, never tried it before.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Normally I'd say I was too excited to sleep.. but, ya know.. indica..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The Commanders have some key injuries on Defense. Carson Wentz is their starter. The Jaguars come in the game healthy. Doug Pederson will change the cutlure of this team. The stars are aligned for the Jaguars to win this game. This normally means the Jaguars get blown out. Tomorrow we will see if all this talk is real or not.

(09-09-2022, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Snoop isn't even active today

Here we go Jaguars, here we go!! Here we go Jaguars here we go!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"