Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-23-2022, 05:52 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

Our run defense should be much better than last year.  We've added 4, or possibly 5, new starters to our front 7 in free agency and the draft, including 2 first round picks, although all those new starters might take some time to gel together.  

As for Wentz, I think he might have been the scapegoat for the Colts' failure to make the playoffs.  In their 17th game last year, when all they needed was to beat us to make the playoffs, it looked like their entire team took the game off.  But the Colts' coaching staff sure didn't want to take the blame so they stuck it all on Wentz.  Or maybe he does suck.  I can't figure him out.  Maybe there's something we don't know about him.

Yeah don’t see this game being a blowout either way, likely a very quickly played game being both teams will likely be trying to establish the run and neither QB should scare either defense. I like our newly formed run defense and I don’t see Wentz having much success. I actually have the Jags winning this one on paper as of now, something like 17-14. Lots can change form week one though, injuries, suspensions, etc.

I be there.

Other than Wentz and reading about your draft, I'll admit I don't know much about changes in DC. I've seen a lot of Jag fans picking a Jaguars' loss in this game but I don't see it. Although they gave up a lot of points last year, Jags defense had times were it looked pretty good. I blame the inconsistency on an attrocious coaching situation. I think Lawrence will show quite a bit of progress in his second year and will keep the ball moving at critical points and the defense will come out of the gates fast and the Jags will get the win by a TD so.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-23-2022, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 05:52 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

Our run defense should be much better than last year.  We've added 4, or possibly 5, new starters to our front 7 in free agency and the draft, including 2 first round picks, although all those new starters might take some time to gel together.  

As for Wentz, I think he might have been the scapegoat for the Colts' failure to make the playoffs.  In their 17th game last year, when all they needed was to beat us to make the playoffs, it looked like their entire team took the game off.  But the Colts' coaching staff sure didn't want to take the blame so they stuck it all on Wentz.  Or maybe he does suck.  I can't figure him out.  Maybe there's something we don't know about him.

I couldn't agree more about your Wentz take,you wouldn't think a team or staff would take that approach...Wentz has tremendous skills which I believe will take my team to the next level...Hey your Dline better be improved cause our run game will be the feature in week 1....

I think it'll be a close game, however, I am giving the Commanders homefield advantage in this one. I think it'll be a clean game overall with no turnovers from either side but the Jaguars will fall a little short as they continue to gel together.

Commanders - 27
Jaguars - 24
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The jags haven't ever won a game in wasghtion. Jags have only beaten the wasghtion team in nfl football 1 time ot of 7 games,and that game was in jacksonville. Thats why a lot of people are picking commenders between  never winning in wasghtion,and jags stink  the commanders should be picked not to menttion chase young is a best. Trevor will be running for his life entire game all season long. He has no help at WR,and the o-line is still very weak.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-23-2022, 06:52 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I be there.

Are you a Jag Dlineman? ??

Not sure what to make of the Commies, given their inconsistency over the years. That said, Chase Young and company will be healthy in week 1 and the Jags are consistently bad so I'll predict Washington wins by a score of 24-13.

(05-23-2022, 08:29 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 06:52 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I be there.

Are you a Jag Dlineman? ??

Just a fan a szn ticket holder. Try to go to 1 away game a year too. Doing DC and London this year though. It’s best to book these trips during the off season while I’m still excited and hopeful.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 09:04 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2022, 08:22 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Our run defense should be much better than last year.  We've added 4, or possibly 5, new starters to our front 7 in free agency and the draft, including 2 first round picks, although all those new starters might take some time to gel together.  

I couldn't agree more about your Wentz take,you wouldn't think a team or staff would take that approach...Wentz has tremendous skills which I believe will take my team to the next level...Hey your Dline better be improved cause our run game will be the feature in week 1....

We'll see about Wentz.  I certainly wouldn't be thrilled about him as my starter.  You'd BETTER be featuring the run game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You root for a team run by Daniel Snyder.

The outcome of the game shouldn't matter, you should be quite depressed whether we pants the redacteds or not.

That said, we are young, especially on D. That may be to your team's advantage, as I see our unit strengthening as the season progresses. I'm not scared of Wentz, we handled him pretty well on his last visit to Duval. At least this early in the season he won't have a chance to completely alienate yet another locker room. I give it till November before that happens.

LOL, your teams name is dumb...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Organizations that have a relatively young franchise, or even good, QB generally don't let him go. Both the Eagles and Colts have now done it. Wentz is not the Commanders answer at QB, and their running game will need to be good to have success against the Jags or anyone. The Jags, on paper, have a good defensive front against the run, but we shall see.

(05-23-2022, 08:22 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Our run defense should be much better than last year.  We've added 4, or possibly 5, new starters to our front 7 in free agency and the draft, including 2 first round picks, although all those new starters might take some time to gel together.  

The Jags face Jonathan Taylor and Derrick Henry twice a year in the division. 

Knowing this, the new brass signed the league leading tackler at ILB, signed the 3rd best rated interior DL against the run to play NT, and drafted two more linebackers early. 

I don't know how well they'll be dialed into a new scheme in week one, but they definitely have the horses to hold Gibson to a meager number.

I predict a Jags victory. 

Jax 20
DC 16

I think the Jax D will be stout and Trevor will show out with a solid game.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 11:33 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

This should be a great game. Two of my favorite teams even though I'm all in for the jags now for years. I think this is a winnable game for the jags. It would be so special to start off on a win. If the jags d can put a lot of pressure on Wentz; (I say yes) it's going to be a fun day. The jags d is almost fully loaded for the first time since 2017.

I'm excited to get our first real look at Etienne. I don't know if Robinson will be ready. I hope the Jags can establish the run game early. But it's unknown, I won't make any prediction.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-23-2022, 10:06 AM)Ronster Wrote:

LOL, your teams name is dumb...

you need to be more specific, they've had a few dumb names in the past 4-5 years