Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Bruce Irvin

Quote:So many things would need to break in our favor for that to happen... the odds of it are very slim. Do I hope it happens? My god of course so but I doubt it. Especially for the fact that we don't have an Earl Thomas.
just the addition of Irvin and one of Ramsey, joseph, or Gipson would elevate us quite a bit. We are on the tipping point in my opinion.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:just the addition of Irvin and one of Ramsey, joseph, or Gipson would elevate us quite a bit. We are on the tipping point in my opinion.

Thunk we have to add another impact rusher whether thats FA or draft though too. Irvin helps, Fowler has promise, but that isn't nearly enough after seeing the joke of a pass rush last year. Can't to ally depend on a rookie in Fowler and Irvin who will play primarily OTTO to get it done.

Quote:just the addition of Irvin and one of Ramsey, joseph, or Gipson would elevate us quite a bit. We are on the tipping point in my opinion.
I'm not disagreeing that they would be better. But you're comparing it to an all time great defense and a defense that has led the league in points allowed 3 straight seasons.

Jags would go from giving up 28 to 14 in one off season??? Doubt it.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 03:34 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I'll be happy if we can go from giving up 28 ppg to giving up 24 ppg.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Dante followed Bruce back Smile
Shock the world

Quote:Dante followed Bruce back Smile

This is very weird. This would be the ultimate prank if not true

Quote:I'm not disagreeing that they would be better. But you're comparing it to an all time great defense and a defense that has led the league in points allowed 3 straight seasons.

Jags would go from giving up 28 to 14 in one off season??? Doubt it.

Seattle allowed 17.3 ppg last year, not 14 ppg

Quote:This is very weird. This would be the ultimate prank if not true

I've learned to never believe something NFL related till it happens, but he's digging his own grave if he's playing games.  The Jags social media army is fiesty.  Don't get me wrong though, i love it.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Seattle allowed 17.3 ppg last year, not 14 ppg
lol ok 17.3

I didn't look it up and 14 stuck in my head. Point remains the same.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 04:52 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Double post

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 04:53 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Bruh. Andre branch was supposedly an edge rusher. Irvin is a linebacker. Not even close to the same thing.
You must have missed the part where I said the two players aren't comparable, bruh.

I think Irvin would make a fine addition to the D.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 04:53 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Triple post?

Quote:@DorlandoAjC LB Bruce Irvin projected to land $9.5 million per year deal. #Jaguars have upper hand in battle with #Falcons 
And what a coincidence, the Jags just saved exactly $9.5 million by cutting Beadles and Clemons.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 05:40 PM by JackCity.)

Irvin ,Jack and Telvin would be incredible.

Irvin+Sean Smith+a guard is all i ask for 

Quote:Irvin ,Jack and Telvin would be incredible.
That's a lot of speed added huh? 

Quote:Irvin+Sean Smith+a guard is all i ask for
You don't want anything else?

Quote:Irvin+Sean Smith+a guard is all i ask for 

Nah, that's not nearly enough.

Quote:That's a lot of speed added huh?

Easily the fastest LB group in the NFL if it happens. RB screens would be futile.

I mean i would enjoy more but if we get Jack+Joseph or Ramsey+DT/DE then we dont really NEED much more like ya id love Jackson or Vernon or JPP but Irvin/Smith and a guard would be just fine with me