Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Bruce Irvin

Bruce Irvin will be a target for the Jaguars.  Apologies for no link.  (long story).  Trust me it's there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But Seattle is bad

Instant upgrade over Skuta. I hope this happens.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 08:45 PM by knarnn.)

I got you Bullseye:

Quote:Per a league source, Jacksonville is one of the teams to watch next week, when the time comes for the former West Virginia standout to hit the market. Jaguars coach Gus Bradley was the defensive coordinator in Seattle during Irvin’s rookie year, during which he recorded eight sacks.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/keep-eye-bruce-irvin-jaguars'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/keep-eye-bruce-irvin-jaguars</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I got you Pirk:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/keep-eye-bruce-irvin-jaguars'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/keep-eye-bruce-irvin-jaguars</a>

I know it's not the consensus, but adding Bruce Irvin for the jaguars is a slam dunk. There isn't really a better OTTO out there than Bruce Irvin.

Knows the system, and I personally think he's really good. Hope it happens.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I know it's not the consensus, but adding Bruce Irvin for the jaguars is a slam dunk. There isn't really a better OTTO out there than Bruce Irvin.

Knows the system, and I personally think he's really good. Hope it happens.

What better way to fix the OTTO than to sign the original OTTO?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What better way to fix the OTTO than to sign the original OTTO?

Exactly
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I would be very happy with Irvin. Skuta then = quality depth at LB.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Jaglawyer, I agree he upgrades Skuta.

Knarnn, thanks for the backup.

Achilles, as far as need and scheme fit, yes Irvin IS a slam dunk for Jacksonville to sign.  However, as the article points out, I think he has a strong interest in playing in Atlanta.  If he signs here, it would be a money thing.  If he signs in Atlanta, it's because he wants to be in Atlanta.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would love it. Plays otto and can rotate in to play Leo. Go get him Dave

If we end up signing Irvin I think that Jack would not be the pick. Jack would fill that spot and eventually takeover MLB when Poz is gone. If we sign Irvin I think it will be Bosa or Ramsey which ever one  is available when we pick

I would love Bruce Irvin in this defense.  He's only 28, still has tread on the tires.  

Imagine a LB unit consisting of : Smith - Jack - Irvin...

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 09:45 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:If we end up signing Irvin I think that Jack would not be the pick. Jack would fill that spot and eventually takeover MLB when Poz is gone. If we sign Irvin I think it will be Bosa or Ramsey which ever one is available when we pick
Well if you draft Jack it's a look towards the future (as the draft should be anyway). Jack could still play an immediate role on 3rd downs, which would be much welcomed given our issues there.

Nickel package:

Telvin at Will and Jack at Mike

Irvin - Jackson - Marks - Fowler

Giving O-Line's fits for days.

Quote:If we end up signing Irvin I think that Jack would not be the pick. Jack would fill that spot and eventually takeover MLB when Poz is gone. If we sign Irvin I think it will be Bosa or Ramsey which ever one  is available when we pick
What if Ramsey goes to SD and Boas goes to Dallas?

Quote:Well if you draft Jack it's a look towards the future (as the draft should be anyway). Jack could still play an immediate role on 3rd downs, which would be much welcomed given our issues there.

Nickel package:

Telvin at Will and Jack at Mike

Irvin - Jackson - Marks - Fowler

Giving O-Line's fits for days.

How much longer does Poz have left anyway? That and he never seems to be able to stay healthy.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Getting Poz off the field on 3rd down would go a long way to helping our issues there.

Quote:Getting Poz off the field on 3rd down would go a long way to helping our issues there.

Getting pressure would shore up the majority of issues. Having a LB capable of covering a TE for once will help even more.

Wasn't a big fan of Bruce Irvin here but I could see the thinking behind it. Also interesting that a few days ago the Jags said they would reach out to Clemons about returning. Thought it was odd but maybe he is part of their sales pitch?

Still think it is way more logical that he ends up in Atlanta.

Quote:Getting pressure would shore up the majority of issues. Having a LB capable of covering a TE for once will help even more.

Telvin will hopefully improve in coverage this season too.