Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 MLB Season Thread***

Yeah it is kind of crazy but that has been their key to success since they started contending in 2008. They just have not been able to draft and develop position players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As for the Mets...

[Image: 9ReRvb8.png?fb]

Go "barves".... Sad

Excited for the future though. 

Raise the Jolly Roger! Pirates win 4 straight and get to 500.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Cobb, Smyly out for the year with arm injuries and yet the Rays are only a game out. Gotta love the mediocre AL East.

Now it looks like that the plan is for Drew Smyly to try to avoid having surgery.   Hopefully,  the plan will work and that Smyly will be back later this season.  The surgery option might ultimately be necessary but it would put his career at significant risk.. 

Quote:Those days of the AL East being a two team division were horrible for anybody not a fan of those teams. I remember there being complaints from Rays fans about being put in that division. In reality, it was good for them. You want to be good? Beat the good teams. The Rays, Jays and O's have been doing that lately, and it's fun to watch.

Agreed.  If you want to be the best,  you have to raise your standards.

Quote:For the mid-late 2000's, the Rays had one of the best farm systems in the league. Poor drafting had caused it to decline. Part of the reason why not that many people were upset to see Andrew Friedman leave for the Dodgers. They did a great job this offseason in acquiring pieces like Rivera and Souza.

Have the Rays had any significant change in terms of their ownership situation in recent years?  

The other question that comes to mind is there anything new regarding the Rays getting a new stadium?   

Quote:Raise the Jolly Roger! Pirates win 4 straight and get to 500.

The Pirates are now only 2 games behind the Cubs for 2nd place in the NL Central. 

Barring something unexpected,  it doesn't look like the Reds will be healthy enough to be serious playoff contenders this year.   The Brewers look like they are going to have a very long season.   The Cardinals are clearly the team to beat but the wildcard races look wide open.    

Quote:Have the Rays had any significant change in terms of their ownership situation in recent years?  

The other question that comes to mind is there anything new regarding the Rays getting a new stadium?   

Same owner, for now.

The team and the mayor of St Pete seem pretty in sync with each other. Both sides knowing that in order for the team to be successful, they have to move across the bay to Tampa.

Unfortunately, the St Pete city council has refused to budge on allowing the team to explore options outside of St Pete. Ultimately, their refusal to allow the Rays to look at Tampa will likely cause the team to eventually be sold and moved out of the area all together.

They still have several years left on the lease at the dome. Their current owner has already said he will not move the team. But he also is very honest that if he sells, the new owner will probably move them. Montreal is the most commonly mentioned destination.

Apparently Royals fans like voting for the All Star game

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/126716450/...ate-may-26

;

;

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2015, 07:52 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote: 

Montreal is the most commonly mentioned destination.

Bring back the Expos.  I really don't have any loyalty toward the Rays so a move to Montreal would be nostalgic for me.

Bring Gary Carter, Warren Cromartie, and Andre Dawson back !!

Quote:The Pirates are now only 2 games behind the Cubs for 2nd place in the NL Central. 

Barring something unexpected,  it doesn't look like the Reds will be healthy enough to be serious playoff contenders this year.   The Brewers look like they are going to have a very long season.   The Cardinals are clearly the team to beat but the wildcard races look wide open.    
And they just squeaked by last night. Kept my eye on that game all night. Dang it.

;

Raise It! 2nd series sweep in a row!
;

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015, 03:48 PM by RicoTx.)

I can't believe what an enormous baby TMD is.

I lied....yes I can.

Edit....sorry, meant to put this in the Fantasy Sports thread.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I can't believe what an enormous baby TMD is.

I lied....yes I can.

I'm almost scared to ask this, but how do you still have access to him? And why?!?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm almost scared to ask this, but how do you still have access to him? And why?!?!

Fantasy baseball.  The whining and excuses are incredible.

How 'bout those Twins?

Quote:Fantasy baseball.  The whining and excuses are incredible.

Well, more power to ya man. Do me a favor and keep my name out of the conversations yeah?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm almost scared to ask this, but how do you still have access to him? And why?!?!

I still see that bozo pop up on Twitter when almost anything Jaguar related gets posted. It was especially bad around the draft. 

Quote:I still see that bozo pop up on Twitter when almost anything Jaguar related gets posted. It was especially bad around the draft.

He's following me, and he's replied to some of my posts, but I give him less attention than I even do here.