Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 MLB Season Thread***

Opening Day is today

Hope springs eternal

Unless you are a Cubs fan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everybody is in 1st place, except the Cubbies and everyone not named the Cardinals in the NL Central.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Woooo Go Tigers!!!!

Let's do this! Let's go Buccos!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Go Tribe! Nice to see Kluber start tonight and for many more nights to come.

Detroit vs everybody.

Go Braves. Lol

As a Rays fan, I can't say I am very optimistic about this season.

As a baseball fan, I always look forward to opening day.

It broke my heart when Joe Maddon went to the Cubs.  He's one of the best managers in baseball, IMHO, because he always does the mostest with the leastest.  I will be following the Cubs to see what he does.  

I'll also be watching to see if Dan Uggla resurrects himself.  That dude crashed and burned fast.  I read an article today about treatment he received for an inner ear affliction that began after he suffered two pitches to the head. It was affecting his ability to focus on the baseball while his body was moving.  I hope he recovers.

The Astros will be an interesting team to watch. May finally be ready to turn the corner.

;

;

I was a HUGE baseball fan for 30+ years. My interest has waned the last 10. I'm going to try to make myself get back into it. I get free MLB package through Sunday. I'll have a better idea how I'll fare after this week.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Lets go Mets!

Nice Opening Day against Scherzer and the Nats. Nats made some costly errors and the Mets took advantage. That's what they've gotta do to beat good teams like that.

Quote:The Astros will be an interesting team to watch. May finally be ready to turn the corner.
I think so too. Same with the Padres.

Quote:I was a HUGE baseball fan for 30+ years. My interest has waned the last 10. I'm going to try to make myself get back into it. I get free MLB package through Sunday. I'll have a better idea how I'll fare after this week.

Baseball has always been an On Again, Off Again thing for me. I never mind having a game on, but I have been known to go to bed during a World Series game.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I was a HUGE baseball fan for 30+ years. My interest has waned the last 10. I'm going to try to make myself get back into it. I get free MLB package through Sunday. I'll have a better idea how I'll fare after this week.

As a kid in the 80's, I was a baseball fanatic. My interest started to wane in the late 90's when the Yankees were buying championships. I like that the sport is more competitive now. I am into the league now also more because my son is playing baseball and likes to watch the games.

The thing about this era is that it is very pitcher dominated. In 1996, Brady Anderson hit 50 homeruns. Now, you are considered to have elite power if you can hit 30+. Casual fans that watch for high scoring, offense infused games are usually going to get bored fast. Personally, I love it.

Quote:The thing about this era is that it is very pitcher dominated. In 1996, Brady Anderson hit 50 homeruns. Now, you are considered to have elite power if you can hit 30+. Casual fans that watch for high scoring, offense infused games are usually going to get bored fast. Personally, I love it.

Well, we know what drove up power numbers in the post-strike era.

It also makes you really appreciate what Pedro Martinez was able to do in the steroid era.

Quote:Well, we know what drove up power numbers in the post-strike era.

It also makes you really appreciate what Pedro Martinez was able to do in the steroid era.

And to think that Pedro really only relied on two pitches; his Fastball and his Changeup.

Sometimes I think that teams would be better off just having guys work on maybe three pitches at most in order to preserve their arms a little, but I'm no baseball expert in any way.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:As a kid in the 80's, I was a baseball fanatic. My interest started to wane in the late 90's when the Yankees were buying championships. I like that the sport is more competitive now. I am into the league now also more because my son is playing baseball and likes to watch the games.

Oh, I already know what my problem with it is.  I moved from down from Philly in 1991 and was a faithful follower of all pro sports.  I did a good job of keeping up with the Phillies and all Philadelphia sport teams for a good ten years.  However, one of the fun things about watching all of my home team’s games to me was the ‘water cooler talk’ at the office.  I just grew less and less interested with nobody to shoot the breeze with.  I’m sure it made my wife happy.  It probably cut my couch potato time by 75% without my sports viewing.

Coincidentally, the only thing that I follow religiously now is the NFL (go figure).  I find it hard to sit and watch anything else. 

I can still get into a good hockey game and have been over to see the Lightning a few times. 

I really don’t care for what the NBA had become when I first moved down here, and I really don’t care to find out if it has changed again.

And baseball, which was my number one love just started to slide to the wayside as well.  We’d go to a good 50 (or more) games a year.  Paid general admission prices and would just spy seats and sneak down to the boxes at around the 3<sup>rd</sup> inning.  We had a great gameplan for it and it only failed a couple of times in the hundreds of games that I saw.  I was just naturally drawn to watching baseball.  I’m sure I could have played at least minor league ball (in my mind anyway), and I was actually at a couple of Phillies free-agent camps when they really sucked.  But, alas, I was more into being anti-establishment and didn’t want to devote the time.  Hey…it was early 70’s.

I guess the part about having no home team just made me slowly lose interest in all pro sports.  I'm going to see if I can get back into baseball again.  We'll see.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]