Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Politics are ok?

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:Not shocking when you consider the people that are supposed to be reporting the full news are generally liberal.  

Spot on, FBT!

We may clash over some football stuff....but we're on the same page politically it seems. 

See guys, politics it unites us all what a beautiful thing :yes:

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is true but leaving the main culprits of this unchecked can't be the solution, IMO. I'm not sure what it but I know it's not that
Nobody is suggesting they go unchecked.  But, you also don't want government overstepping their boundaries.  It should be there to regulate where necessary, but not so much that it impedes businesses.

There is a balance that can be achieved, but that means government stays mostly out of the way. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Not shocking when you consider the people that are supposed to be reporting the full news are generally liberal.  

Spot on, FBT!

We may clash over some football stuff....but we're on the same page politically it seems. 

It's not just that they're liberal.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they helped create the myth that got a guy with absolutely no resume elected to the presidency.  They now have no choice but to carry his water regardless of how disappointed they are in what he has  become.  There have been a few in the mainstream media who have finally broken away from their trance like state and are starting to report honestly about this administration, but the majority still worship at the altar.   Those who have dared to report honestly are regularly attacked. 

Look at Sharyll Atkisson formerly of CBS News.  She was really one of the few in the mainstream who was really making traction with her reports on Benghazi.  This is not a conservative woman by any means.  But, when she dared to accurately report what was happening there, CBS buried her stories, and basically painted her as some right wing loon (not true).  When she finally quit CBS and went on her own, she started talking about the incredible bias there was in network news, and how anyone who wanted to report news the way it was meant to be done, without bias or opinion, editors would change the stories to suit their viewpoint or they'd simply crush the story all together. 

The media has been derelict in their duty to report the news accurately.  If you look at some of the scandals we're currently facing right now, they get barely any coverage on mainstream networks.  There are legitimate stories that have gone almost completely unreported because of the unflattering image they would paint of the current administration.  If these same potential scandals were perpetrated by an administration they weren't politically aligned with, they would have attacked those stories with the same gusto as an Ethiopian coming across a Big Mac. 

There was a time when the news outlets in this country were interested in reporting the truth no matter who the target was.  Those days are long gone, and in their place we now have a media that's nothing more than an extension of the communication office for the White House and the DNC. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 06:01 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's not just that they're liberal.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they helped create the myth that got a guy with absolutely no resume elected to the presidency. 

Ain't that the truth...Its amazing how just because he was a slick public speaker, that so many people were able to be duped. 

His resume was of one that by no means was ready to handle the responsibility. 

Not only that, but I don't trust his background, either. Remember all that stuff about him hiding his real birth records or something....

Quote:There was a time when the news outlets in this country were interested in reporting the truth no matter who the target was.  Those days are long gone, and in their place we now have a media that's nothing more than an extension of the communication office for the White House and the DNC. 
Same with Fox and the GOP.

And people wonder why Jon Stewart is the most trusted person in the media. 

Quote:Same with Fox and the GOP.

And people wonder why Jon Stewart is the most trusted person in the media. 
I know people love to bring up Fox, but it's one network vs. everyone else.  Seriously, it's like Pavlov's dog with you lefties. 

If you remove opinion shows from the mix, and focus strictly on their news programming, they probably provide more balance in their reporting than any other network.  Unfortunately, lefties don't focus on that.  They look at the O'Reilly's, Hannity's, and Kelly's of the network and think that's all FNC is.  Even on those shows, despite the views of the host, they still invite libs to participate in discussions.

It's not the same when you go to MSNBC or CNN where they bring in faux republicans in order to feign balance.  Heck, MSNBC doesn't even bother with that any more.  They've pretty much gone all in as the Obama News Network where everything is done to defend the president.  There's ZERO news happening there, and their ratings reflect that fact.  CNN isn't much better. 

The fact that Jon Stewart is even considered a source for news is a reflection of where we are as a nation when it comes to the education of our younger people.  They think his and Colbert's shows are actually news shows when they're nothing more than comedy skits with news peppered in along with the mandated liberal bias of course.  It just shows how dumbed down we've become as a nation. 

Personally, I'll watch any of the news networks with a skeptical eye.  You can tell when spin has begun.  I tend to go more to print media both online and actual print to get my news.  I want to be educated on what's going on in the world, and understand how those things can have an impact on me, my family, and my community.  I also want to know what those who don't share my views think in order to better understand their positions.  So I'll go read Politico or other left leaning sites in order to see what the enemy is in a twist over. 

Quote:I know people love to bring up Fox, but it's one network vs. everyone else.  Seriously, it's like Pavlov's dog with you lefties. 

If you remove opinion shows from the mix, and focus strictly on their news programming, they probably provide more balance in their reporting than any other network.  Unfortunately, lefties don't focus on that.  They look at the O'Reilly's, Hannity's, and Kelly's of the network and think that's all FNC is.  Even on those shows, despite the views of the host, they still invite libs to participate in discussions.

It's not the same when you go to MSNBC or CNN where they bring in faux republicans in order to feign balance.  Heck, MSNBC doesn't even bother with that any more.  They've pretty much gone all in as the Obama News Network where everything is done to defend the president.  There's ZERO news happening there, and their ratings reflect that fact.  CNN isn't much better. 
It's the #1 network, Fox News' influence is plenty to act as a counter weight. And the Fox News liberal only exist as an object to be ridiculed and shouted at.

People say reality TV is responsible for the dumbing down of America, I say it's cable news networks, regardless of political affiliation. 

I have yet to get a liberal (I've challenged many) to declare that the MSM isn't biased to the left. They won't admit it, but in the same breath will attack Fox News. Incredible.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 06:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

People say reality TV is responsible for the dumbing down of America, I say it's cable news networks, regardless of political affiliation. 

While they help contribute, you're nuts if you don't think that those mind numbing reality shows haven't also contributed...

Oh thats right, you have said in the past that you like them, hence the bias in your opinion here. :whistling:

Quote:I have yet to get a liberal (I've challenged many) to declare that the MSM isn't biased to the left. They won't admit it, but in the same breath will attack Fox News. Incredible.
What's MSM? Because I know MSNBC is essentially Fox News on the other side of the aisle.

Quote:I have yet to get a liberal (I've challenged many) to declare that the MSM isn't biased to the left. They won't admit it, but in the same breath will attack Fox News. Incredible.

It's like a knee jerk reaction.  Heck, all you need to do is watch 5 minutes of any MSM news cast, and you can pick it up right away.  I've issued the same challenge myself to no avail, and gotten the same reaction over Fox News. 

Of course, they can't explain why it is that FNC is blowing laps around the other competition in the ratings books. 

Quote:While they help contribute, you're nuts if you don't think that those mind numbing reality shows have also contributed...

Oh thats right, you have said in the past that you like them, hence the bias in your opinion here. :whistling:
I'd like you to point to where I said that because I know I didn't. 

Yep. Agreed. 

At least I'm objective. I've always said that Fox is biased to the right and every other network is biased to the left. 

The libs never admit their own. 

Quote:I'd like you to point to where I said that because I know I didn't. 

You weren't defending Big Brother, citing it was a premise first devised on Netherlands TV or something like that?? If I am mistaken then I apologize. 

Quote:It's the #1 network, Fox News' influence is plenty to act as a counter weight. And the Fox News liberal only exist as an object to be ridiculed and shouted at.

Oh please!  ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBC, Al Jazeera, and CNN all have a piece of the pie, and if they were putting programming out there that was what people considered worth watching, they'd have better ratings.  FNC is #1 because it does provide FAR more balance than any of the other networks combined.  When news is breaking, the overwhelming majority tune in to FNC because they trust them to provide at least the closest thing to actual news.  And once again, your view of FNC falls right in line with the typical liberal who can't distinguish between opinion shows and actual news.

The dumbing down of America isn't because of television.  It's because progs have gotten control of the education machine at all levels, and they've indoctrinated the drones by lowering the education standards.  This is at the primary, secondary, and collegiate levels where progressives have almost a complete monopoly over the education of our youth.  Their focus on dumbing down our kids has resulted in plummeting test scores, and kids who are incapable of critical thinking.  Cable news has zero effect on the downward spiral of the intellect in this country.   

Quote:Oh please!  ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBC, Al Jazeera, and CNN all have a piece of the pie, and if they were putting programming out there that was what people considered worth watching, they'd have better ratings.  FNC is #1 because it does provide FAR more balance than any of the other networks combined.  And once again, your view of FNC falls right in line with the typical liberal who can't distinguish between opinion shows and actual news.

The dumbing down of America isn't because of television.  It's because progs have gotten control of the education machine at all levels, and they've indoctrinated the drones by lowering the education standards.  This is at the primary, secondary, and collegiate levels where progressives have almost a complete monopoly over the education of our youth.  Their focus on dumbing down our kids has resulted in plummeting test scores, and kids who are incapable of critical thinking.  Cable news has zero effect on the downward spiral of the intellect in this country.   

Need a tin foil hat to go with that conspiracy theory? Last president to reform education was Republican and the reform only resulted in kids being trained to succeed in scoring high marks on standardized tests because that's what secures the schools funding.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 06:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Oh please!  ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBC, Al Jazeera, and CNN all have a piece of the pie, and if they were putting programming out there that was what people considered worth watching, they'd have better ratings.  FNC is #1 because it does provide FAR more balance than any of the other networks combined.  And once again, your view of FNC falls right in line with the typical liberal who can't distinguish between opinion shows and actual news.

Al Jazeera....lol....what a biased crock of crap that "news" outlet is. That one is nothing but mind control/ hate mongering for its minions over there.  

That 2nd paragraph has some good points, too. While I won't say that TV hasn't contributed...because it has....the above also is a big part of it. 

Not only that....but the common core education also has political bias in some of it, per some of the stuff I've seen reported (not by networks, obviously) over the past few years.....I guess they want to help try to make sure they indoctrinate a whole new generation of lib dominance. 

Quote:Need a tin foil hat to go with that conspiracy theory? Last president to reform education was Republican and the reform only resulted in kids being trained to succeed in scoring high marks on standardized tests because that's what secures the schools funding.
The last president to reform education left the writing of that legislation to Ted Kennedy.  Yeah, he was a real conservative.

No Child Left Behind

No tinfoil hat required, but what a cute retort.  All I need to do is look at math, science, and reading test scores vs. the rest of the world to know what's going on with our education system.  It's being run by unions, and they are more concerned about tenure and collecting dues than they are about actually educating our children.  There are good public systems, but overall the entire education system in the United States has been driven into a deep hole thanks to progressives and their takeover of the system over the past 40 years or so.  Again, I don't need anything but the trends of test numbers vs. the rest of the world to back up my point. 

Quote:Oh please! ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBC, Al Jazeera, and CNN all have a piece of the pie, and if they were putting programming out there that was what people considered worth watching, they'd have better ratings. FNC is #1 because it does provide FAR more balance than any of the other networks combined. When news is breaking, the overwhelming majority tune in to FNC because they trust them to provide at least the closest thing to actual news. And once again, your view of FNC falls right in line with the typical liberal who can't distinguish between opinion shows and actual news.

The dumbing down of America isn't because of television. It's because progs have gotten control of the education machine at all levels, and they've indoctrinated the drones by lowering the education standards. This is at the primary, secondary, and collegiate levels where progressives have almost a complete monopoly over the education of our youth. Their focus on dumbing down our kids has resulted in plummeting test scores, and kids who are incapable of critical thinking. Cable news has zero effect on the downward spiral of the intellect in this country.

Actually, FNC wins the ratings game because they get all the republican viewers, whereas the democrats are split across many outlets as you relate above.

I don't what you are talking about in regards to 'progressives' and their conspiracy against education lol.

I think some people in this thread have cause and effect mixed up. The mainstream isn't liberal because the media is liberal. The media is liberal because the mainstream is liberal. News networks chase ratings and they'll broadcast whatever gets the most viewers. The only exception is Fox News but since they're the only conservative network out there they don't have to share their audience whereas all the other do.