Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Politics are ok?

I just saw rollerjag in another thread mention the ban on politics has been lifted?

I know we've been walking the line on a few threads so I was wonder whats up, are we allowed to full on debate politics now? I'd try and keep it to the sideline of course, but just looking for some verification before I start uh expressing a few view points.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I just saw rollerjag in another thread mention the ban on politics has been lifted?

I know we've been walking the line on a few threads so I was wonder whats up, are we allowed to full on debate politics now? I'd try and keep it to the sideline of course, but just looking for some verification before I start uh expressing a few view points.
If that is the case, I'd suggest separate area like they did with sports. I think it'd work well.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I just saw rollerjag in another thread mention the ban on politics has been lifted?

I saw some questionable posts by a few mods that made me wonder as well. One in particular I got a warning for a couple years ago. I originally thought "eh whatever" but now seeing your post here maybe it has changed?

Quote:If that is the case, I'd suggest separate area like they did with sports. I think it'd work well.

agreed but I'd be happy as heck to be able to talk politics with folks. 

I hope not.  It will poison the water.

Quote:I hope not.  It will poison the water.

not if it's kept in the sideline. or has it's own area?

Quote:agreed but I'd be happy as heck to be able to talk politics with folks. 

Political discussion is a little like religious discussion. Those threads always degrade to cursing, name calling, and random keyboard smashing.  Always.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Political discussion is a little like religious discussion. Those threads always degrade to cursing, name calling, and random keyboard smashing.  Always.

yea but we get that talking about anything, I mean it's a message board some people can't handle a normal discussion some can. 

Just got this message from rollerjag

"Have fun, just remember to be respectful of others. The lack thereof is what got political discussion banned. I know this, as I was one of the worst offenders."

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:agreed but I'd be happy as heck to be able to talk politics with folks.

Quote:not if it's kept in the sideline. or has it's own area?

It's like seeing someone naked; you never look at them the same again.  That affects all conversations.

Quote:I hope not.  It will poison the water.

Dear God No!!! Please no!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

So can we get a separate section for politics? I agree while it would be nice to talk about it you don't want it saturating everything especially the sideline. 

Quote:It's like seeing someone naked; you never look at them the same again.  That affects all conversations.

This! Because you're never going to change anyone's minds and you'll usually end up disliking them for having different views!!

Quote:This! Because you're never going to change anyone's minds and you'll usually end up disliking them for having different views!!

Nah actually talking politics is what converted me from a conservative to libertarian. 

Quote:So can we get a separate section for politics? I agree while it would be nice to talk about it you don't want it saturating everything especially the sideline.

Yes...so it doesn't saturate the "happy" place!! Big Grin

Quote:Yes...so it doesn't saturate the "happy" place!! Big Grin

oh my wife is going to hate this, now I'm NEVER getting off the computer.

Quote:Nah actually talking politics is what converted me from a conservative to libertarian. 
Dr Ben Carson said something very worthwhile recently, and I wish I could find the video. He hates the labels of Democrat, Republican, etc. He says that it has dumbed down voters to the point where they just choose a candidate based on their affiliation, and know nothing about what the person actually stands for.

I think that may be the single most profound thing I've heard regarding politics recently. It's where the rubber hits the road in this nation, and that's a sad thing.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Dr Ben Carson said something very worthwhile recently, and I wish I could find the video. He hates the labels of Democrat, Republican, etc. He says that it has dumbed down voters to the point where they just choose a candidate based on their affiliation, and know nothing about what the person actually stands for.

I think that may be the single most profound thing I've heard regarding politics recently. It's where the rubber hits the road in this nation, and that's a sad thing.

On the important issue's there is very little difference in Republicans and Democrats. I'm still a "registered" Republican but only so I can try and weed out the big government Republicans in primaries. 

After they ran John McCain I said never again, and I've stuck to it. Voted Gary Johnson last time around, plan on voting third party unless Rand or Ted gets the nomination which is a long shot. But Obama and Bush to me are one in the same, they just vary on different social issues.

Whew that felt good to get off my chest! 

Quote:Dr Ben Carson said something very worthwhile recently, and I wish I could find the video. He hates the labels of Democrat, Republican, etc. He says that it has dumbed down voters to the point where they just choose a candidate based on their affiliation, and know nothing about what the person actually stands for.

I agree! Get rid of party labels and stuff might start getting done!