Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First thing gus should do is fire Fisch

Quote:Better Coordinators could have reached better season totals than 240 scored and 450 given up, (-210 point differential) yes even with this roster. 

IMO, good coaching (Coordinators) could have oversaw that -210 number sliced in half for the season total for this season.

Prove it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Better Coordinators could have reached better season totals than 240 scored and 450 given up, (-210 point differential) yes even with this roster. 

IMO, good coaching (Coordinators) could have oversaw that -210 number sliced in half for the season total for this season.
wasnt Norve Turner the brownies Coordinator, and isnt he considerd a great coordinator but not head coach. and didnt brownies suck this year?

Of course that's what you think.  As we've already illustrated, the lack of talent on the field is only an issue to you if the team hires the coordinators you prefer and nothing changes.  Watch out for that fence post when you're jumping back and forth.  We wouldn't want you to impale yourself.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 03:17 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:wasnt Norve Turner the brownies Coordinator, and isnt he considerd a great coordinator but not head coach. and didnt brownies suck this year?

Considering the development of Cameron & Gordon, even with QB that are just as bad as Henne if not worse, I'd say he didn't do a bad job. They both wound up with league best (or close) numbers. 

Quote:Considering the development of Cameron & Gordon, even with QB that are just as bad as Henne if not worse, I'd say he didn't do a bad job. 

Despite his offensive genius, what's he doing today?  Dusting off his resume? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 03:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Despite his offensive genius, what's he doing today?  Dusting off his resume? 

Oh, so you believe that Fisch is a better OC than Turner simply because Cleveland foolishly fired their regime and Fisch is still employed as OC by Bradley???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:Oh, so you believe that Fisch is a better OC than Turner simply because Cleveland foolishly fired their regime and Fisch is still employed as OC by Bradley???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Feel free to point out where I said anything of the sort. 

Cleveland was only foolish because they fired a guy you have a crush on.  Despite the offensive "genius" of ChuRner, they're both out of a job today. 

Quote:Considering the development of Cameron & Gordon, even with QB that are just as bad as Henne if not worse, I'd say he didn't do a bad job. They both wound up with league best (or close) numbers.

Yesterday you stated that position coaches were responsible for players developing over the course of a season. It must have suited that particular argument on that particular day.

A flippin' and a floppin'.

So was Chud the reason Gordon is a beast? Or was it Turner?

And now that they are gone... is Gordon no longer a beast?

And if they were so good... how come T Rich sucked so bad?

Hmm..... How come they couldn't develop Weeden? 

Must make Gordon and Cameron feel real good to know they aren't good players, they just got coached up by a good HC in Chud... err... a good coordinator in Turner.... 

Josh Gordon would be horrible under Fisch's schemes.... o.O

Quote:Considering the development of Cameron & Gordon, even with QB that are just as bad as Henne if not worse, I'd say he didn't do a bad job. They both wound up with league best (or close) numbers. 
Mike Shannahan and Tom Couglin. 

2 coaches who are probably going to the Hall of Fame and have much better rosters combined with easier schedule.

They barely did better than us.  Next

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Similar to the development of Sanders, Shorts (who post draft you said both suck) and Blackmon no?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Yesterday you stated that position coaches were responsible for players developing over the course of a season. It must have suited that particular argument on that particular day.

A flippin' and a floppin'.

actually not accurate, (not surprised)....what exactly was said is that Coordinators get some credit for player development, but position coaches get the bulk of it, especially when we're talking DL'men & QB sack numbers. Technique is big in helping to DL beat their assignment and get to the QB. 

Quote:Similar to the development of Sanders, Shorts (who post draft you said both suck) and Blackmon no?

Jerry Sullivan deserves the bulk of this cred. He's been developing Shorts for 2 years and Blackmon in his rookie year before this one. Sanders did okay his rookie year. I criticized Sanders size more so than his ability. I'll give Fisch some credit for any development this year on their parts. But the bulk goes to Jerry Sullivan. 

My opinion is coaching is overrated. Talent trumps all, unless you have terrible leadership from top to bottom, and a coach who cannot adapt. 

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 09:14 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:My opinion is coaching is overrated. Talent trumps all, unless you have terrible leadership from top to bottom, and a coach who cannot adapt. 

I usually agree with you, but disagree here, 

Coaching cannot win without talent, but talent cannot see its full potential without good coaching. 

Its a 50/ 50 partnership. 

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 09:18 PM by Jinjo.)

Blackmon only played for like 4 games right? The only other WR with experience was Cecil. A bottom 3 QB in the league was throwing the passes. And we had the worst interior line without a doubt in the league. Thats not exactly a recipe for success.

Lets wait to bring out the pitchforks until after next year when we have a QB, the line is fixed, and WRs are at full strength with more experience.  

Guarantee you if some other team/coach won 4 games like the Jags did, with the same players, in the same exact fashion... TMD would call them great for overachieving like that.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Coaching is important, but you can only polish a turd so many ways.

Sometimes, you just gotta strike lucky in the Draft and get a guy who develops into something noone thought they could be. 

Hit on an undrafted FA who becomes a pro bowler, draft a lower round QB who becomes a franchise changer, etc.  Usually things like that are what separate the good coaches from the really good ones, the fact that they have some of those difference makers on their team.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Guarantee you if some other team/coach won 4 games like the Jags did, with the same players, in the same exact fashion... TMD would call them great for overachieving like that.

Yawn. 

Quote:Jerry Sullivan deserves the bulk of this cred. He's been developing Shorts for 2 years and Blackmon in his rookie year before this one. Sanders did okay his rookie year. I criticized Sanders size more so than his ability. I'll give Fisch some credit for any development this year on their parts. But the bulk goes to Jerry Sullivan. 

Sorry dude, laughing gif time again.

[Image: brendan_fraser_laugh.gif]

Ah yes the old, 'that guy I don't like didn't do anything, it was his assistant who I do like who did it all routine', haven't seen that one since the Jack Del Rio days. So when Cleveland's receivers do well, its because their offensive coordinator is good, when the same thing happens in Jacksonville, its the WR coach. Gotcha.

Next time you are at practice and in the meetings, watching and noting which coach talks to which player and making notes on exactly how much in percentage terms that coach is influencing the player, post some pictures up on here. That would be really cool. Thanks

Or just stop making stuff up.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.