Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(10-16-2017, 10:51 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:33 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Tyrod is terrible. Even with Shady running all over the field last year he couldn't do anything. He's just another solid backup qb.

Aren't you the same guy who said Bortles was the best QB in the AFC south last year? 

Just look at the guy you're agreeing with.

Spacecoastjag is the same guy who claimed he spoke to Bortles agent who said he was going to the jets this year.

He also said he spoke to Latavious Murray or "Tay" as he calls him who told him he was 100% signing with the jaguars during the offseason.. he plays for the Vikings now.  

He doesn't have a clue

Lol, and he thinks the Pats will pick Jimmy over Brady. Haha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2017, 11:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Aren't you the same guy who said Bortles was the best QB in the AFC south last year? 

Just look at the guy you're agreeing with.

Spacecoastjag is the same guy who claimed he spoke to Bortles agent who said he was going to the jets this year.

He also said he spoke to Latavious Murray or "Tay" as he calls him who told him he was 100% signing with the jaguars during the offseason.. he plays for the Vikings now.  

He doesn't have a clue

Lol, and he thinks the Pats will pick Jimmy over Brady. Haha

Yeah well Tom Coughlin agreed with me on Bortles while you clowns talked about every QB in the world. 

It's the only time I agree with Skip Bayless. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/ski...ots-051117

(10-16-2017, 11:39 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, and he thinks the Pats will pick Jimmy over Brady. Haha

Yeah well Tom Coughlin agreed with me on Bortles while you clowns talked about every QB in the world. 

It's the only time I agree with Skip Bayless. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/ski...ots-051117
Ok then, I'll bite.  Agree, we should go after Brady when he get cut by the Pats.  Next year with Brady we win our first SB and he grooms the QB we draft for the future

(10-16-2017, 11:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:39 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Yeah well Tom Coughlin agreed with me on Bortles while you clowns talked about every QB in the world. 

Ok then, I'll bite.  Agree, we should go after Brady when he get cut by the Pats.  Next year with Brady we win our first SB and he grooms the QB we draft for the future

Brady would never come to Jacksonville. He may be forced to retire early or may try to play 4-5 years somewhere else in his twilight like Joe Montana did. 

If Big Ben retires (looks like he might) or Carson Palmer does (looks like he might) I could see Brady filling those voids or even going to Denver

(10-16-2017, 11:52 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok then, I'll bite.  Agree, we should go after Brady when he get cut by the Pats.  Next year with Brady we win our first SB and he grooms the QB we draft for the future

Brady would never come to Jacksonville. He may be forced to retire early or may try to play 4-5 years somewhere else in his twilight like Joe Montana did. 

If Big Ben retires (looks like he might) or Carson Palmer does (looks like he might) I could see Brady filling those voids or even going to Denver

Lol

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 12:16 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 11:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 11:52 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Brady would never come to Jacksonville. He may be forced to retire early or may try to play 4-5 years somewhere else in his twilight like Joe Montana did. 

Lol

Makes plenty of sense. Belichick can get 10 more good years out of Garropolo vs. 3 good years out of Brady. Belichick then has a chance to win his 8th Super Bowl ring with a different QB and escape Brady's shadow; therefore cementing Belichick officially as the greatest coach at ANY football level, ever.

NFL is cut throat. Belichick is 65 years old but I don't see him retiring yet. If Pats don't win the Super Bowl this year, I think Brady may be gone. Crazy I know.

(10-16-2017, 10:09 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
You guys are so clueless. Tyrod Taylor is terrible. Their fans are calling for Nathan Peterson already.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/10...n-peterman

I just don't get how anyone could watch Bortles and think he's good.  You have to be the most clueless person on this board, and you have the nads to call anybody clueless?

Hell, you can't even tell the difference between Peterson and Peterman in an article you posted.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM by Jaguarrior.)

They got rid of Meyers, but still haven't done anything about Bortles.

Don't get me wrong. They needed to cut him, but it looks weird.

Blake Bortles is the Jason Myers of quarterbacks.

(10-17-2017, 03:27 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: They got rid of Meyers, but still haven't done anything about Bortles.

Don't you think its a tad bit easier to replace a kicker mid season than it is a QB?

(10-17-2017, 03:44 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:27 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: They got rid of Meyers, but still haven't done anything about Bortles.

Don't you think its a tad bit easier to replace a kicker mid season than it is a QB?

Typically yes, but Kaeps out there, so sign him.

LOL with KD getting exposed on twitter for defending himself and Goodell's wife getting exposed for defending her husband...

Spacecoastjag who are you!?

(10-17-2017, 03:49 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:44 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Don't you think its a tad bit easier to replace a kicker mid season than it is a QB?

Typically yes, but Kaeps out there, so sign him.

He took a great defense to the Superbowl mid season already. Remember?.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 05:31 PM by jg77.)

No chance we're bringing in Kaep. This is a team that didn't even bring in RG3 for workout he's available for pennies and without the distractions. Marrone just said this about Myers "it's no different than any other position. If we find someone better we'll bring them in" so either 1.) our coaching staff is delusional or 2.) some higher power such as Caldwell is dictating the QB position and who starts

I'm going to go with option 2 and Bortles will remain the starter throughout the year. Marrone has thrown him under the bus so many times yet he still starts.

(10-17-2017, 04:49 PM)jg77 Wrote: No chance we're bringing in Kaep.  This is a team that didn't even bring in RG3 for workout he's available for pennies and without the distractions.  Marrone just said about Myers "Marrone said it's no different than any other position. If they find someone better they'll bring them in" so either 1.) our coaching staff is delusional or 2.) some higher power such as Caldwell is dictating the QB position and who starts

I'm going to go with option 2 and Bortles will remain the starter throughout the year.  Marrone has thrown him under the bus so many times yet he still starts.

I'm a fan of the team first not the front office. Been a fan before any coach, front office or owner was ever here. 

I've backed they're decision for 3 years with Bortles. Enough is enough. 

We all agree yet go along with what they're doing. Make some noise. Be a real fan and call it what it is. 

Fans are supposed to be crazy enough to waste time watching a pointless game that does nothing for them in their individual lives. That doesn't mean you have to be compliant and brainwashed on top of it. That just makes you a bee's itch.

What's the chance BB is on the Jags roster next year? They can cut him after this season right for non injury reasons?

(10-17-2017, 06:34 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: What's the chance BB is on the Jags roster next year?  They can cut him after this season right for non injury reasons?

They can cut him but all Blake has to do is have fail a physical in March and he gets 19 million fully guaranteed.

(10-17-2017, 06:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:34 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: What's the chance BB is on the Jags roster next year?  They can cut him after this season right for non injury reasons?

They can cut him but all Blake has to do is have fail a physical in March and he gets 19 million fully guaranteed.

They should cut him and make a run at Cousins.   They've shown a willingness to spend the dough in FA when necessary.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 07:23 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-16-2017, 10:27 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Tyrod Taylor is 10x the QB Blake is

He is staying in Buffalo for a while, so it does not matter. And 10x is an exaggeration.

Bortles will be starting next year

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 07:37 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-17-2017, 07:33 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:

Bortles will be starting next year

Unless we cut him before he is due for a physical to spare ourselves $18 million. Everyone in the media seemed to think it is a no-brainer that he would get the fifth year option but it is possible the Jaguars don't really want him. If you are right, Frailbones will have a new avatar.