Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think it’s time.

I know u guys are over it...but I want Coughlin to stay. We don’t know who is making the decisions on Foles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Personally I want Coughlin to stay. I want to clean house and let Coughlin pick his GM
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 11:30 PM by Caldrac.)

Rick Smith or Mike Borgonzi make a lot of sense for me right now to ultimately replace Dave Caldwell.

It's possible Khan gives Coughlin the benefit of the doubt. But I really do have concerns as far as how contracts are negotiated, how any interactions are being made between himself and any particular player in general and so forth.

I really wish someone from the top would clearly indicate the who's who of what inside that building. Is it black and white on paper? Are their any grey areas?

It's just hard to tell. And nine times out of ten we really don't find anything out until well after a falling out or wake of someone's departure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2019, 11:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Rick Smith or Mike Borgonzi make a lot of sense for me right now to ultimately replace Dave Caldwell.

It's possible Khan gives Coughlin the benefit of the doubt. But I really do have concerns as far as how contracts are negotiated, how any interactions are being made between himself and any particular player in general and so forth.

I really wish someone from the top would clearly indicate the who's who of what inside that building. Is it black and white on paper? Are their any grey areas?

It's just hard to tell. And nine times out of ten we really don't find anything out until well after a falling out or wake of someone's departure.

Coughlin is stubborn and hard headed. He always has been and always will be. People like that don't change as they get older, they only get worse and worse. I have no doubts everybody is walking on egg shells around him. That's not a good look.

I also have no doubts he's the "un-named one" inside the building criticizing Marrone, as Marrone has claimed. Hes already shown that he has no problem doing whatever he wants and blatantly undermined Marrone with the whole Ramsey stuff etc etc. If Khan keeps Coughlin around here, this team/franchise is never going to get any better. It'll just be more 4-6 wins per season, running off all of our talent and overpaying for garbage players. He needs to be the very first guy who's shown the door.

I like Caldwell more than most around here, but at this point, I'm just over it all. We need a complete house clean from top to bottom. This franchise must get fresh/new blood in here running the show. Whether it's for better, or for worse in the long run, that's really the only option we have right now. Enough is enough.

(11-28-2019, 12:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Rick Smith or Mike Borgonzi make a lot of sense for me right now to ultimately replace Dave Caldwell.

Coughlin is stubborn and hard headed. He always has been and always will be. People like that don't change as they get older, they only get worse and worse. I have no doubts everybody is walking on egg shells around him. That's not a good look.

I also have no doubts he's the "un-named one" inside the building criticizing Marrone, as Marrone has claimed. Hes already shown that he has no problem doing whatever he wants and blatantly undermined Marrone with the whole Ramsey stuff etc etc. If Khan keeps Coughlin around here, this team/franchise is never going to get any better. It'll just be more 4-6 wins per season, running off all of our talent and overpaying for garbage players. He needs to be the very first guy who's shown the door.

I like Caldwell more than most around here, but at this point, I'm just over it all. We need a complete house clean from top to bottom. This franchise must get fresh/new blood in here running the show. Whether it's for better, or for worse in the long run, that's really the only option we have right now. Enough is enough.

Well said, and I agree.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We should get rid of everyone but Caldwell.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-28-2019, 06:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: We should get rid of everyone but Caldwell.
Why? So we can have this conversation again in two years after he's hired another guru rah-rah headcoach or bologna sandwich headcoach?

No thanks. Let that Turkey do it's job. Take a nap man. You need it.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-28-2019, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 06:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: We should get rid of everyone but Caldwell.
Why? So we can have this conversation again in two years after he's hired another guru rah-rah headcoach or bologna sandwich headcoach?

Bologna was Coughlin all the way so maybe he missed on Bradley but his player personnel is more than decent.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-28-2019, 06:58 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Why? So we can have this conversation again in two years after he's hired another guru rah-rah headcoach or bologna sandwich headcoach?

Bologna was Coughlin all the way so maybe he missed on Bradley but his player personnel is more than decent.

Bradley was a top choice at the time. Sometimes it doesn't work out even given every opportoonie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-28-2019, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 06:58 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Bologna was Coughlin all the way so maybe he missed on Bradley but his player personnel is more than decent.

Bradley was a top choice at the time. Sometimes it doesn't work out even given every opportoonie.

"Our men played hard. It didn't work out this week. We'll regroup and come out better next week. This is a great team, we just haven't hit our stride. Rah rah, go team, let's eat Blue Bell!"

(11-26-2019, 07:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:03 PM)FBT Wrote: Marrone needs to go.  He should go ahead and take Wash with him. This team is an absolute embarrassment. Quite possibly the worst team in franchise history despite the investments made.

I have been reluctant to think/say this, but after the last three games I think that a change is definitely needed.  28 points given up in the third quarter is unacceptable.  This is a results-based business and the results are not good.  It all starts with the Head Coach and goes down to the coordinators, assistant coaches and so-on.

I don't doubt that the current staff doesn't put in a lot of effort and time into what they are doing, it's just that what they are doing just isn't working.

Thats where I am right now as well. Ive often wondered why the players cant stay in their assigned lanes and gaps. And why so many penalties...Marrone says we talk about this in meetings every day but its not transferring to the play on the field...Apparently either the players or too stupid to understand or think their way is better but talking about the problems obviously aint gonna fix them

Coughlin better be among everybody else getting relieved of their duties.

(11-29-2019, 12:52 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bradley was a top choice at the time. Sometimes it doesn't work out even given every opportoonie.

"Our men played hard. It didn't work out this week. We'll regroup and come out better next week. This is a great team, we just haven't hit our stride. Rah rah, go team, let's eat Blue Bell!"

"I don't know what happened out there today. I took the team out after practice several times last week for ice cream and we had a movie night watching Rudy on the film study screen. That's all I have for the day all of you fun loving, groovy media people. Namaste. Zen. Peace be with you".

Yeah, it's time for new blood.... Top to bottom in the front office. I'm not disappointed with the overall level of talent that had been procured under Caldwell, but I think the organization, as a whole, needs a complete tune up. Is it guaranteed to be successful? No, but sometimes you gotta move on from what seems to be mediocrity at best.
Signature goes here.

He doesn't even want to lock up Yannick he needs to go
No Fun

(11-29-2019, 02:34 PM)nhiverson Wrote: He doesn't even want to lock up Yannick he needs to go

I’m not sure that’s true. I saw his comment as him trying to hold onto whatever leverage he can. He doesn’t want to give Yannick ammo in negotiations.

(11-24-2019, 09:29 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So why did Minshew beat the Titans but Foles couldn’t?

Did you not look at the score? The Titans put up 42 points. You can't pin that all on Foles. That's hard for anyone to outscore. Plus Foles didn't have vast amounts of turnovers to put this loss all on him. I guarantee if Minshew was playing today, we still would have lost.

Sure you can. 3 and out's contribute a lot to that score. Geez some people are blind to QB play.

The hell of it is I'm not sure what would happen if you boot the coaching staff but keep Caldwell and Coughlin. Or boot Caldwell too BUT keep Coughlin. I like some of Caldwell's picks, but i'm not really sure I trust him and/or Coughlin to make a decision on the future coaching regime. They've both proven disastrous in that department; albeit, in fairness to Caldwell, Bradley looked like a new, hip head coach in the making when he took on Jacksonville.

Of course we know better now. Just feels like this team is a chicken with the head cut off right now. No direction feels like safe going right now

(11-30-2019, 01:25 PM)uthill Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:29 PM)Brett Wrote: Did you not look at the score? The Titans put up 42 points. You can't pin that all on Foles. That's hard for anyone to outscore. Plus Foles didn't have vast amounts of turnovers to put this loss all on him. I guarantee if Minshew was playing today, we still would have lost.

Sure you can. 3 and out's contribute a lot to that score. Geez some people are blind to QB play.

And Minshew jumped on the tittians by 14 in the first game, which perfectly sets up our defense for the only thing they do well. Foles could only get a 7 point lead before the defense quit playing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato