Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 3 at the draft

(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)Ordar Wrote: They’re going to trade for a TE, I’m convinced. I’m not going to worry about the situation until training camp

No need to trade. This guy is coming in to save us. 

[Image: 81ea4ee2cdff3358ac73c5156bbe0aa5.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 02:30 PM)jagman Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:27 PM)surfon Wrote: Nailed it.  But man him over brevin jordan.  He is a hell of a blocker tho.  Could have had jordan and him possibly.
He is a very good blocker.  I watched every game he played and he was one of the reasons the OSU QB's had time to pass or had lanes to run in.  Most of you on this board was screaming for picks that could protect our new QB.

Blocking is good. I like that aspect of the pick. But didn't we pick up a blocking TE in Free Agency already? 

I think he could be good for us as a pass catcher too. This pick I can be hopeful about. But I probably would have gone with Jordan if I'd been picking.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:14 PM)jagman Wrote: I'm really upset.  I know more about drafting NFL players than our GM does.  I don't know what our organization's scheme will be this year but I don't have to know because I'm a small business owner and I watch football games on tv.  This makes me an expert on draft day selections.  I don't understand why NFL teams aren't knocking on my door to hire me.
I'm really happy. It doesn't matter who the Jags drafted, even if they'd drafted 7 punters, I'd be happy with the picks. That's because I'm a fanboy. I was a fanboy for Gene Smith and Caldwell too. And look how well that turned out. Being a fanboy is much easier than actually thinking.

The point is your not thinking either these guys are yet to play a down in the nfl so why the constant bashing. Yeah you can have your own opinion on a player but to say the organisation is dumb and a player can’t play when they havnt played a single down in the nfl is both pointless and ridiculous

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:43 PM by nejagsfan.)

(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Luke Farrell is the worst pick of this draft. He gets no separation at all. An old, Tim Tebow is probably a better TE prospect. LOL

You are the most negative person on the message board

more like annoying as AF

(05-01-2021, 02:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: You are the most negative person on the message board

[Image: AA7W_1_201808272084602663.jpg]

I bet you're real fun at parties

(05-01-2021, 02:36 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I'm really happy. It doesn't matter who the Jags drafted, even if they'd drafted 7 punters, I'd be happy with the picks. That's because I'm a fanboy. I was a fanboy for Gene Smith and Caldwell too. And look how well that turned out. Being a fanboy is much easier than actually thinking.

The point is your not thinking either these guys are yet to play a down in the nfl so why the constant bashing. Yeah you can have your own opinion on a player but to say the organisation is dumb and a player can’t play when they havnt played a single down in the nfl is both pointless and ridiculous

naw, the point is that nodding your head and smiling like an idiot with each pick is mentally vacant. And when you see a team making picks that appear irrational, there's no reason NOT to call the team out for it.

(05-01-2021, 02:42 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: You are the most negative person on the message board

more like annoying as AF

(05-01-2021, 02:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: AA7W_1_201808272084602663.jpg]

I don't think he gets invited to any
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm not at the point where I hate this draft, but I'm the least enthused about this draft (TL aside) since the Gene Smith drafts.

There are some things that can change my mind.

If Campbell becomes a Pro Bowl player and Little upgrades one of the T positions, this draft changes dramatically for me.

But right now...I'm meh about it.

I would agree.  Outside of TL, I'm very meh about this draft as well.  I'm very willing to change my mind if the players work out.  I'm definitely rooting for them.  Drafts do tend to be educated guesses.  I do think Walker Little is likely the key.  He's an A or F player.  Some think he was an early first round quality left tackle prior to the injury and then opting out.  If he plays at that level, this draft will be remembered fondly.  If he flops, that's a bad miss.  There's also a number of other players who I think could be good.  The question is will they and were there better players left on the table.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:48 PM by Craigukjag.)

Every year future people bowlers are drafted on day 3. Not one person knows who will be the future pro bowlers or they would of been picked on day 1. Just let the players play, support them and see how it works out! Moaning about a pick does absolutely nothing

(05-01-2021, 02:42 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:36 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:  

naw, the point is that nodding your head and smiling like an idiot with each pick is mentally vacant. And when you see a team making picks that appear irrational, there's no reason NOT to call the team out for it.

Exactly. There's so many new people on this board during the draft that want to praise every pick the team makes, then they disappear forever. You know there are internet companies now that hire people to go on message boards and praise their products? I wonder if these posters are plants, hired by the team? I bet 99% of these first time posters disappear after the draft.

MJD just gave the Jags draft major props.. Said it's a beautiful day in Duval County.

I was pretty happy about the draft outside of Etienne at the end of day 2. Today has been really, really bad though. Overall pretty disappointing draft considering how much capital we had.

(05-01-2021, 02:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:42 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: more like annoying as AF

I don't think he gets invited to any

Your mom did.

(05-01-2021, 02:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't think he gets invited to any

Your mom did.

lololol

Maybe you and Ronster can go boycott the draft together in front of the stadium..

(05-01-2021, 02:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't think he gets invited to any

Your mom did.

ok, I.m still laughing about this one

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:57 PM by I am Yoda.)

(05-01-2021, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:00 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Of course he’s the worst pick of our draft that’s why he was taken after the rest of them

Not our draft. The draft.

Brevin Jordan was available. *smh*
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I think we knock the Undrafted Free Agency out of the park. ?

(05-01-2021, 02:57 PM)burt1jason Wrote: I think we knock the Undrafted Free Agency out of the park. ?

Nope.

(05-01-2021, 02:57 PM)burt1jason Wrote: I think we knock the Undrafted Free Agency out of the park. ?

Only if Urbz knows them personally

(05-01-2021, 02:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm not at the point where I hate this draft, but I'm the least enthused about this draft (TL aside) since the Gene Smith drafts.

There are some things that can change my mind.

If Campbell becomes a Pro Bowl player and Little upgrades one of the T positions, this draft changes dramatically for me.

But right now...I'm meh about it.

I would agree.  Outside of TL, I'm very meh about this draft as well.  I'm very willing to change my mind if the players work out.  I'm definitely rooting for them.  Drafts do tend to be educated guesses.  I do think Walker Little is likely the key.  He's an A or F player.  Some think he was an early first round quality left tackle prior to the injury and then opting out.  If he plays at that level, this draft will be remembered fondly.  If he flops, that's a bad miss.  There's also a number of other players who I think could be good.  The question is will they and were there better players left on the table.

This draft, perhaps more than any other in team history, is going to stir the passions of Jaguars fans.

For the first time, we appear to have a legitimate franchise QB.  A guy that EVERYONE seems to be behind.  That gives our fans hope.

But in order for him and the team to flourish, we have to give him help and improve the team.  If fans don't immediately see the prospects for improvement, it'll be expressed, just like the approval of the TL pick was expressed.  Fans don't want to see this golden opportunity squandered, and will sound the alarm if they perceive it happening.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-01-2021, 03:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I would agree.  Outside of TL, I'm very meh about this draft as well.  I'm very willing to change my mind if the players work out.  I'm definitely rooting for them.  Drafts do tend to be educated guesses.  I do think Walker Little is likely the key.  He's an A or F player.  Some think he was an early first round quality left tackle prior to the injury and then opting out.  If he plays at that level, this draft will be remembered fondly.  If he flops, that's a bad miss.  There's also a number of other players who I think could be good.  The question is will they and were there better players left on the table.

This draft, perhaps more than any other in team history, is going to stir the passions of Jaguars fans.

For the first time, we appear to have a legitimate franchise QB.  A guy that EVERYONE seems to be behind.  That gives our fans hope.

But in order for him and the team to flourish, we have to give him help and improve the team.  If fans don't immediately see the prospects for improvement, it'll be expressed, just like the approval of the TL pick was expressed.  Fans don't want to see this golden opportunity squandered, and will sound the alarm if they perceive it happening.

That was very well said.