Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Bruce Irvin

Quote:Nah, that's not nearly enough.
We will add more ancillary parts, but if Irvin, Smith, and a guard like Allen are the 3 splash signings of FA that would be just fine with me. Best LB, probably the best CB for our scheme, and one of the best G (maybe best young one if Osemele goes LT)...that's pretty darn solid though I know people are going to be upset if we don't get at least one of Malik or Vernon. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Easily the fastest LB group in the NFL if it happens. RB screens would be futile.
I'd love it! If they can add some rushers in FA and maybe Janoris Jenkins, wow.

Quote:Nah, that's not nearly enough.

You won't be pleased with Free Agency then. There's a lot of teams with cap, we aren't getting 5 top pieces.

Quote:I think Caldwell and Co. are a little smarter than to tamper...and make it so blatant.

Seems all Irvin to me.

I mean, what really is tampering, really? Dave came out and stated (@the combine) that agents were already reaching out to them, and that because guys are interested in Jacksonville as a landing spot, they might not have to neccesarily overpay. Though he did follow up with "although, you'll always overpay in free agency."

Where is the line drawn, or better yet, defined?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I mean, what really is tampering, really? Dave came out and stated (@the combine) that agents were already reaching out to them, and that because guys are interested in Jacksonville as a landing spot, they might not have to neccesarily overpay. Though he did follow up with "although, you'll always overpay in free agency."

Is this a psychology test....?

Uhhmmmmmm the answer is C!

Quote:Is this a psychology test....?

Uhhmmmmmm the answer is C!

ha! reaaaal cute. or dare i say... TEAL cute! Wink

Quote:I mean, what really is tampering, really? Dave came out and stated (@the combine) that agents were already reaching out to them, and that because guys are interested in Jacksonville as a landing spot, they might not have to neccesarily overpay. Though he did follow up with "although, you'll always overpay in free agency."

Here's a link:  http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009%...Policy.pdf

Basically, as long as the team, or anyone associated with the team, doesn't publicly or privately show interest in a player on another team, there is no tampering.  It sounds to me like the player or his reps can show interest in a team, so there's nothing wrong with what Dave said at the combine unless they also showed interest.

Quote:Here's a link: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009%20NFL%20Anti-Tampering%20Policy.pdf'>http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009%20NFL%20Anti-Tampering%20Policy.pdf</a>

Basically, as long as the team, or anyone associated with the team, doesn't publicly or privately show interest in a player on another team, there is no tampering. It sounds to me like the player or his reps can show interest in a team, so there's nothing wrong with what Dave said at the combine unless they also showed interest.

gotcha. kinda like harasment at the workplace. If she initiates it then it makes it kinda ok to respectfully respond

Quote:lol ok 17.3

I didn't look it up and 14 stuck in my head. Point remains the same.
For what it's worth, our defense went from 28th in ypg and 27th ppg in 2010 to 6th ypg and 11th ppg in 2011.

Now go sign Osemele to OT money and plug him in at LG for the season while Joeckel's contract expires.

Then add DE Mario Williams and FS Eric Weddle.

Draft:

1st Jalen Ramsey CB

2nd Robert Nkemdiche DT

3rd Kentrel Brothers ILB

4th Pearce Slater OT

5th Vincent Valentine DT

6th Victor Ochi OLB

6th Aaron Green RB

7th Travis Wilson QB

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 10:22 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:For what it's worth, our defense went from 28th in ypg and 27th ppg in 2010 to 6th ypg and 11th ppg in 2011.
Lord. How did that happen?

I also never said they couldn't improve. They have to improve and I think they will on defense. They just won't improve from 28th to #1......

Quote:Now go sign Osemele to OT money and plug him in at LG for the season while Joeckel's contract expires.

Draft:

1st Jalen Ramsey CB

2nd Robert Nkemdiche DT

3rd Kentrel Brothers ILB

4th Pearce Slater OT

5th Vincent Valentine DT

6th Victor Ochi OLB

6th Aaron Green RB

7th Travis Wilson QB

Explain the logic of a QB? 

Quote:Lord. How did that happen?

I also never said they couldn't improve. They have to improve and I think they will on defense. They just won improve from 28th to #1......

The genius of Jack Del Rio, brah.

Quote:Now go sign Osemele to OT money and plug him in at LG for the season while Joeckel's contract expires.

Draft:

1st Jalen Ramsey CB

2nd Robert Nkemdiche DT

3rd Kentrel Brothers ILB

4th Pearce Slater OT

5th Vincent Valentine DT

6th Victor Ochi OLB

6th Aaron Green RB

7th Travis Wilson QB
That looks like a pretty good offseason, if you could convince me Nkemdiche...

A.  Would fall that far; and

B.  Would keep his head on straight.

I also like the Valentine pick in the 5th...Brothers, too, though ideally we'd get him lower in the 3rd after a trade down.

Under this scenario...who would you put at C?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Explain the logic of a QB?
With a 7th round pick? You really don't need much justification. Maybe we can find Henne's replacement or trade him after a couple years for a 5th.

Can't remember who said it but I remember someone said they'd ideally try to draft a QB every year in hopes of hitting the lotto.

Quote:With a 7th round pick? You really don't need much justification. Maybe we can find Henne's replacement or trade him after a couple years for a 5th.

Can't remember who said it but I remember someone said they'd ideally try to draft a QB every year in hopes of hitting the lotto.
I agree. I'd rather develop a young guy on the cheap than continue paying Henne $4 mil a year.  I get the big brother/camaraderie with Bortles thing, but Blake should outgrow the need for that by 2017.

Quote:The genius of Jack Del Rio, brah.
who was fired that season lol

Quote:With a 7th round pick? You really don't need much justification. Maybe we can find Henne's replacement or trade him after a couple years for a 5th.

Casserly?

Quote:For what it's worth, our defense went from 28th in ypg and 27th ppg in 2010 to 6th ypg and 11th ppg in 2011.
Astounding, considering our QBs were Gabbert and McCown

our WRs were Dillard Shorts and Thomas

our RB group were the elders of MoJo and Greg Jones and a bunch of guys behind them

2 rostered full backs

Marcedes Lewis and Zach Potter at TE...

Quote:That looks like a pretty good offseason, if you could convince me Nkemdiche...

A.  Would fall that far; and

B.  Would keep his head on straight.

I also like the Valentine pick in the 5th...Brothers, too, though ideally we'd get him lower in the 3rd after a trade down.

Under this scenario...who would you put at C?

B is why he would fall that far.

Wouldn't like that draft very much at all personally.   

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.