Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 MLB Season Thread***

Quote:Bring back the Expos.  I really don't have any loyalty toward the Rays so a move to Montreal would be nostalgic for me.

Bring Gary Carter, Warren Cromartie, and Andre Dawson back !!

It looks like the Mayor of Montreal is making a concerted effort to get MLB back:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/129703...s-montreal

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Same owner, for now.

The team and the mayor of St Pete seem pretty in sync with each other. Both sides knowing that in order for the team to be successful, they have to move across the bay to Tampa.

Unfortunately, the St Pete city council has refused to budge on allowing the team to explore options outside of St Pete. Ultimately, their refusal to allow the Rays to look at Tampa will likely cause the team to eventually be sold and moved out of the area all together.

They still have several years left on the lease at the dome. Their current owner has already said he will not move the team. But he also is very honest that if he sells, the new owner will probably move them. Montreal is the most commonly mentioned destination.

It sounds like that in the next decade,  the Rays are going to need to get a new stadium.   One possible option could be for another community in the Tampa Bay area to build a new stadium for the Rays when there's only 2 or 3 years remaining on the current Rays lease.  With the Rays moving into the new stadium after their current lease expires.

Quote:And they just squeaked by last night. Kept my eye on that game all night. Dang it.

Cubs rookie 2B-SS Addison Russell,  another top 5 prospect,  came up big in that game.  He had the game winning double,  after having a hit earlier in the game.   Russell is probably at least a year or two away from being a major force on the Major League level but the potential is there.

The Pirates finally hit a hot streak, 12 of last 15. All the right guys getting hot. It's a thing of beauty.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:The Pirates finally hit a hot streak, 12 of last 15. All the right guys getting hot. It's a thing of beauty.

Tigers have lost 8 straight. It's a thing of diarrhea.

Carlos Correa called up.  Excited to see him play. 

Royals now leading All Star voting at 8 of 9 positions. Omar Infante, and his .204 batting average just passed Altuve from Houston.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kan...53196.html

I am surprised that one team's fans have been able to stuff the ballot like this.

For example, Lorenzo Cain right now has 700k more votes than Mike Trout. Mike Moustakas has 1.6 million more votes than the next closest third baseman, Josh Donaldson.

Quote:For example, Lorenzo Cain right now has 700k more votes than Mike Trout. Mike Moustakas has 1.6 million more votes than the next closest third baseman, Josh Donaldson.

It's a joke. The fan vote is screwing it up. Infante at 2B? Escobar at SS? Come on now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

<p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(34,34,34);">The maximum times an email address is allowed to vote is 35. You cannot tell me there are that many Royals fans filling out the 35 ballots that they have marginal players with millions of votes. The guy in fourth for AL outfielders is a Royals player that has played in less than 20 games this year. Somebody clearly has figured out a way to skirt the rules and rig the system.

<p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(34,34,34);"> 

<p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(34,34,34);">The bad part is that the baseball All Star game is generally the most enjoyable to watch. This year it will be a joke if all but one AL starter is a Royal.

;

;

Quote:It's a joke. The fan vote is screwing it up. Infante at 2B? Escobar at SS? Come on now.
I saw where the KC catcher was 4 million ahead of 2nd place catcher. Unreal.

;

Quote:I saw where the KC catcher was 4 million ahead of 2nd place catcher. Unreal.

Even if everyone is voting the max number of times, that would be 114,000 people are voting for him over the next guy. I find that hard to believe.

Quote:<div>WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors are investigating whether front-office officials for the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful teams in baseball over the past two decades, hacked into internal networks of a rival team to steal closely guarded information about player personnel.

Investigators have uncovered evidence that Cardinals officials broke into a network of the Houston Astros that housed special databases the team had built, according to law enforcement officials. Internal discussions about trades, proprietary statistics and scouting reports were compromised, the officials said.

The officials did not say which employees were the focus of the investigation or whether the team’s highest-ranking officials were aware of the hacking or authorized it. The investigation is being led by the F.B.I.’s Houston field office and has progressed to the point that subpoenas have been served on the Cardinals and Major League Baseball for electronic correspondence.

</div>

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports....html?_r=0

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 12:59 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Even if everyone is voting the max number of times, that would be 114,000 people are voting for him over the next guy. I find that hard to believe.

And I was watching MLB Tonight last night and there's still a realistic chance that Alex Rios could overtake Trout. It's a farce.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:And I was watching MLB Tonight last night and there's still a realistic chance that Alex Rios could overtake Trout. It's a farce.

I almost want that to happen to see if the commissioner does something about it

Whoa. Now wouldn't that be something?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

As a Pirate fan, I hope they get hammered  :whistling:

;

I' m not a baseball fan but this is interesting.  So:

1.  Cardinals GM left to go to the Astros along with other Cardinals officials

2.  The Cardinals were afraid he'd stolen their statistical data and used the same data for the Astros database.

3.  Some Cardinals official who had access to all the passwords for their network posed as the officials who left for the Astros and used those same passwords to access the Astros database.  

4.  Somehow the data he stole was posted online exposing the data breach.

5.  The FBI gets involved and concludes the Astros network was accessed from the house of a Cardinals official.

Wow.  I can't imagine what was going through their head while they were doing this.  That's like jail time.  Has cheating ever led to jail time before?

Funny how the organizations in the two largest U.S. sports league that are viewed as the modern "gold standard" have been accused of cheating (legal and illegal).

Quote:Funny how the organizations in the two largest U.S. sports league that are viewed as the modern "gold standard" have been accused of cheating (legal and illegal).
This makes "spygate" and "deflategate" look like child's play.

;