Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread***

(08-30-2018, 10:08 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Is Sexton anti-Jaguars now? What is with this debbie downer attitude about a Jags pick? Lol..

He, like many of us would just like to see this game end.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tanner just dropping dimes all over the field.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Lee hanging the pocket and showing that quick release.

Wait...Lee is not sucking...

Our AAFL players are way better than Tampa’s.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Lee looking very accurate...maybe most of us were too quick to judge

Which RB makes the PS Cook or Wilds?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(08-30-2018, 10:20 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Which RB makes the PS Cook or Wilds?

Wilds is my pick

Does this game improve anyone's expectations for the season?

Probably Wilds.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Cook around as an extra battering ram wouldn’t hurt.

(08-30-2018, 10:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Does this game improve anyone's expectations for the season?

We already at 19-0, now we're on to next season's expectations.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-30-2018, 10:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Does this game improve anyone's expectations for the season?

Not really.  I'll reserve my judgment of the season after next weekend.

(08-30-2018, 10:20 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Which RB makes the PS Cook or Wilds?

I'd say Wilds.

The drop off at RB after Fournette, Yeldon and Grant is huge though.

Not really.  Maybe a bit more confidence in the DB depth and some elevated hope for the PS quality.

I saw some good things and bad things from the reserve O-linemen - so that situation is still sketchy. 

I think Blair Brown easily outplayed Payne, Matuapuaka and the other back-up LBs.  Curious to see who the fifth guy is there. 

My expectations for the punter went up a but. He's very good.

I think we go with a RB from another team that is cut. If forced, cook me up some Cook.

(08-30-2018, 10:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I think we go with a RB from another team that is cut. If forced, cook me up some Cook.

That's very possible.

Cook looks like somebody who is a 1-2 yard guy. If you need 1-2 yards and want to just slam it in there, he looks the part.

Wilds looks a little better than Cook all around, but he has no 2nd gear. There's very little acceleration there as well.

Montay Crockett is faaaaast. And he really tracked the deep balls well tonight.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 11:59 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

I'm just glad we have football back. Extra glad now that the preseason is over. I am ready for this team to go into MetLife next week and blow the doors off the Giants. Poor Eli doesn't know what's coming.
No pain, no gain.

Florida Gators fans trolling the Jaguars appreciate Dan Hicken's post-game condescension. His claim that "Dante Fowler, Jr. needs the Jaguars and the Jaguars need Dante Fowler, Jr." is based on the loop of Dante Fowler, Jr's lone pre-season highlight - a fourth string running back tackle for loss. The TFL was a result of the right tackle sliding out to pick up a blitzing DB mistakenly leaving Fowler unblocked. Essentially, the fourth string RB was easy prey. 

Leave it to Hicken to seize upon it. Whatever.

Fowler was a First round pick. What you have is the third player drafted in the 2015 NFL Draft facing LEAGUE suspension for domestic violence completely shirking his way through training camp. While others around him aspire to reach the highest level of achievement, Fowler elevates his play to just good enough to not totally screw up a gimme courtesy of the Bucs' back up RT.