Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread***

Hi, Jaguars fans! Our Jacksonville Jaguars are down south to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in both teams final preseason game of 2018.

Most of the starting veteran players will be set aside for the regular season opener on September 9, as the reserves, free agents, and college players signed after the 2018 NFL Draft to impress the coaches, and fans, to earn themselves into the final 53-man regular season roster.

All NFL teams must cut their rosters down from 90 to 53 man final rosters by 4:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

A win by the Jaguars over the Bucs could make the final preseason record at 3-1

Kickoff from Raymond James Stadium is by 7:35P.M. Eastern Standard Time.

NO injuries, grest luck to the players in the current 90-man training camp roster, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!

http://www.jaguars.com/live

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 10:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Glad their season ticket holders have to pay for this pathetic worthless game and we don't.

Looking forward to seeing what Fowler, Harrison, Meeks, Herndon, Davis, Wilson, Richardson, Chark, Greene, Mickens, Wilds and Cook can get done as a few of those guys are battling for spots and others just need some real reps.

I'll be concerned if Fowler isn't a one man wrecking crew against Bucs 3rd string guys.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I really wanna see Richardson play some LT, but I doubt it happens.

(08-30-2018, 12:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really wanna see Richardson play some LT, but I doubt it happens.

I doubt it being that Wells was the best rated LT last week and Richardson is probably Parnells replacement

(08-30-2018, 12:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 12:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really wanna see Richardson play some LT, but I doubt it happens.

I doubt it being that Wells was the best rated LT last week and Richardson is probably Parnells replacement

Wells was beyond terrible before the Falcons game though. I believe that rating says more about the lack of a Falcons pass rush that it did Wells' blocking.

Our starting Dline is probably Fowler,Ankou,Bryan and Smoot.......maybe Bennett mixed in somewhere but still that's insane how these are backups or 3rd string guys

(08-30-2018, 02:52 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Our starting Dline is probably Fowler,Ankou,Bryan and Smoot.......maybe Bennett mixed in somewhere but still that's insane how these are backups or 3rd string guys

Is Smoot healthy?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-30-2018, 03:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 02:52 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Our starting Dline is probably Fowler,Ankou,Bryan and Smoot.......maybe Bennett mixed in somewhere but still that's insane how these are backups or 3rd string guys

Is Smoot healthy?

Quote:Both Smoot and Ankou returned to practice on Monday and the Jaguars believe the pair will be able to play in Thursday's preseason finale against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium.
Smoot and Ankou will need to fit the entirety of their preseason production into one game after a disappointing summer on the sidelines.
“I would just say it was tough mentally,” Smoot said to First Coast News on Tuesday. “Just trying to stay focused, trying to stay with the team and everything like that and just stay positive, honestly. I just came in every day with a smile on my face and looking to get better.”
Smoot should receive the lion's share of the pass rushing reps in Tampa Bay. After three weeks in street clothes, the Illinois alum wants to make his mark in his return to the field.
“It’s going to be great,” Smoot said. “I’m just looking forward to getting as many reps as [possible] and putting my best product on the field and doing what I’ve got to do. I haven’t had the chance to the last three weeks so I’m just really excited.”
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...-588529666

Anyone in the tampa area know about the weather looks like storms again. dont want it delayed to long

(08-30-2018, 03:55 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Anyone in the tampa area know about the weather looks like storms again. dont want it delayed to long

34% chance of rain at gametime. Accuweather calling for "partly cloudy" conditions.

(08-30-2018, 03:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 03:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Is Smoot healthy?

Quote:Both Smoot and Ankou returned to practice on Monday and the Jaguars believe the pair will be able to play in Thursday's preseason finale against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium.
Smoot and Ankou will need to fit the entirety of their preseason production into one game after a disappointing summer on the sidelines.
“I would just say it was tough mentally,” Smoot said to First Coast News on Tuesday. “Just trying to stay focused, trying to stay with the team and everything like that and just stay positive, honestly. I just came in every day with a smile on my face and looking to get better.”
Smoot should receive the lion's share of the pass rushing reps in Tampa Bay. After three weeks in street clothes, the Illinois alum wants to make his mark in his return to the field.
“It’s going to be great,” Smoot said. “I’m just looking forward to getting as many reps as [possible] and putting my best product on the field and doing what I’ve got to do. I haven’t had the chance to the last three weeks so I’m just really excited.”
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...-588529666

Awesome thanks. I've been slacking on my camp followings. Glad to see he can play, I think he'll be a solid piece in the rotation this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Its been rainy here all afternoon. I work about five minutes from the stadium.

That said I’m only paying attention to bubble roster guys. Nothing more to care about

(08-30-2018, 05:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1035245206378033152

Black for away. Bucs should wear their red. That would be a cool looking game
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 06:48 PM by ColoJag.)

Well looks like Mickens made the team.....guess its between Wynn and Greene

Looking forward to that battle, as well as the LB battle, and the S battle.

I don't get the hate with mickens. Yea he does fumble but he has had some monster returns for us.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Greene and Michael Bennett apparently bubble guys. Meeks/Myrick, Davis/Wilson fighting battles for spots too.

(08-30-2018, 06:48 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't get the hate with mickens.  Yea he does fumble but he has had some monster returns for us.

Who hates on Mickens?  Dude's a great UDFA story. He was fighting for a spot with Greene, but it looks like he's won that battle.   (Now Greene has to beat out Wynn.)

I haven't seen anyone actually hate on the guy.  Seems like myself and several others just thought he may lose out to Greene before the Lee injury. That's not hate. It's just a depth receiver roster prediction.