Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 10:22 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Why question Dave?

TC now has final say on personnel.
I dont think so in this case. Tom may just want dave to bury himself to get him out of the picture? (See sarcasm.)

And yea following the herd? FBT?

The same one that said "No way Marrone is coach?" Or "Tom couldn't be Above Dave?"

I seam to recall you being wrong on both.

Yet still no TTR congrats on being right. And I FBT was in fact wrong.

A real man admits when wrong. Not covers it up or ignores it.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can the team still use the Transition Tag on Beachum before March 9? 

If so - then that is also an option.

It would be about 13.7 million for a tackle in 2017 I think. That figure, incidentally, is only 700K more than what Beachum was set to be guaranteed in year one of his option if picked up. 

Just something to consider as a safety valve if they don't get something else done. 
Edit:

Looks like they CAN use the transition tag and would only pay him 12.6 million.  That's less than his 2017 guaranteed money would have been. But they lose out on having him cheaper in 2018 conceivably. 

Definitely an alternative option here for Jags to keep Beachum. 

Quote:A real man admits when wrong. Not covers it up or ignores it.

LOL

Get off the high horse, pal.  You get roasted for inaccuracy often on this board. 

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 10:27 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Edit:

Looks like they CAN use the transition tag and would only pay him 12.6 million. That's less than his 2017 guaranteed money would have been. But they lose out on having him cheaper in 2018 conceivably.

What would the difference be as far as money between the transition and franchise tag?

#Gojags

Quote:Edit:

Looks like they CAN use the transition tag and would only pay him 12.6 million. That's less than his 2017 guaranteed money would have been. But they lose out on having him cheaper in 2018 conceivably.

That's a least a slight insurance plan in case we don't reach a cheaper deal.

I liked Beachum's attitude and I think his play will improve. Is he upgradeable? Sure, but my concern is there's not even a remote idea of who will replace him, let alone upgrade him.

If they can show us their replacement plans, I'm sure most of us would feel better about the move. Unless it's Joeckel
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:What would the difference be as far as money between the transition and franchise tag?
14.4 mil vs 12.6 mil

So Henne gets a contract and Beachum dont....Smh.. I'm dying to see what Tom have up his sleeves...

Quote:So Henne gets a contract and Beachum dont....Smh.. I'm dying to see what Tom have up his sleeves...

Nothing he is letting dave bury himself. That is comical.

#Gojags

Quote:I dont think so in this case. Tom may just want dave to bury himself to get him out of the picture? (See sarcasm.)

And yea following the herd? FBT?

The same one that said "No way Marrone is coach?" Or "Tom couldn't be Above Dave?"

I seam to recall you being wrong on both.

Yet still no TTR congrats on being right. And I FBT was in fact wrong.

A real man admits when wrong. Not covers it up or ignores it.
Can someone translate this into English so I can find out what exactly is is that TTR is going through all of this self puffery over?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Can someone translate this into English so I can find out what exactly is is that TTR is going through all of this self puffery over?

Exactly. He can read it. Just too much pride. To admit wrong.

#Gojags

Quote:Nothing he is letting dave bury himself. That is comical.

Sounds about right...

Quote:Can the team still use the Transition Tag on Beachum before March 9? 

If so - then that is also an option.

It would be about 13.7 million for a tackle in 2017 I think. That figure, incidentally, is only 700K more than what Beachum was set to be guaranteed in year one of his option if picked up. 

Just something to consider as a safety valve if they don't get something else done. 
Is it possible that the Jags might have some additional insight into where things stand with that repaired knee, and that the reason behind all of this has more to do with health than money?  Yes, he played 15 games, but maybe they've got some info from the end of season physicals that would lead them to consider the current strategy. 

I am reluctant to believe they'd make this move knowing the potential is that they'd wind up paying more for the guy than they already were on track for based on his current contract parameters. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Exactly. He can read it. Just too much pride. To admit wrong.
Again.  This board doesn't come with a translator.

Yes, because he certainly won't be held accountable for any personnel screw-ups, right? 

I guess when the owner says Tom has the final say, that has a different meaning for you.

Quote:What would the difference be as far as money between the transition and franchise tag?
You must use the same Google as JW. 

Quote:Exactly. He can read it. Just too much pride. To admit wrong.

I don't know how they could. Most of those words mushed together do not amount to sentences.

What is clear is that you expect people to congratulate you on when you are right, which is just pathetic.

You're the guy who calls for a head coach to get fired, then waits 8 years until they are, then starts 4 threads exclaiming "I TOLD YOU SO!! "

See philly fan, Andy Reid, Jag fans with TC and JDR, etc..

Quote:Is it possible that the Jags might have some additional insight into where things stand with that repaired knee, and that the reason behind all of this has more to do with health than money?  Yes, he played 15 games, but maybe they've got some info from the end of season physicals that would lead them to consider the current strategy. 

I am reluctant to believe they'd make this move knowing the potential is that they'd wind up paying more for the guy than they already were on track for based on his current contract parameters. 

Just looked at the numbers again. 

His guaranteed money in 2017 under the option would have been 12.75 million. (all of 2017 salary plus half of 2018 base)

The transition tag currently sits at 12.6 million for an O-Lineman.

So - while it's clearly not ideal - it could be an escape valve if they don't strike a cheaper deal with Beachum and don't have something else cooking. 

Quote:I don't know how they could. Most of those words mushed together do not amount to sentences.

What is clear is that you expect people to congratulate you on when you are right, which is just pathetic.

You're the guy who calls for a head coach to get fired, then waits 8 years until they are, then starts 4 threads exclaiming "I TOLD YOU SO!! "

See philly fan, Andy Reid, Jag fans with TC and JDR, etc..

Funny I understood him... He wants people to own up, when their wrong... But sadly that will never happen.. I can totally relate to him...

Many members, supported Gene Smith and everything he did...And we all know that wasn't much... But hey that didn't stop people from defending him.. These same board members supported Gus, and every Caldwell signing and personnel move.. But when the moves are bad like the Gerhart one was, they never admit they were wrong for defending such trash...

Watch what happens with Bortles..2018

. All his defenders will be silenced !

I would consider this, if not for the fact Tom wouldn't allow himself to be a part of losing (especially not being a part of allowing it.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'm beginning to believe Beachum may have become a problem.  Don't know if it was locker room, or outside the locker room.  Not legally, but it's possible he was a problem child per se.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."