Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupid. Stupid Stupid Decision

lol...you mad bro?

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is the dumbest thing Ive ever seen.. closing this message board to focus on facebook and twitter? Ill tell you right now I will never go on your twitter or facebook crap. Ever. Ill either find a new board or lose interest all together. I wish you bad luck on your future efforts. Another [BAD WORD REMOVED] decision by a [BAD WORD REMOVED] organization
Take a deep breath and calm down, Krazy.

A group of us are working on a new board that we plan to migrate all users over to so that you can continue your rants.  Other than no longer being hosted by the team, the transition should be hopefully seamless.  This may wind up being a good thing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:This is the dumbest thing Ive ever seen.. closing this message board to focus on facebook and twitter? Ill tell you right now I will never go on your twitter or facebook crap. Ever. Ill either find a new board or lose interest all together. I wish you bad luck on your future efforts. Another [BAD WORD REMOVED] decision by a [BAD WORD REMOVED] organization
Drama queen much? Buuuwwwaaaa. :woot:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Take a deep breath and calm down, Krazy.

A group of us are working on a new board that we plan to migrate all users over to so that you can continue your rants. Other than no longer being hosted by the team, the transition should be hopefully seamless. This may wind up being a good thing.

Believe it or not, I'm already thinking a split from the organization has the possibility of being a really good thing. I'm guessing the chain of command would shrink and those pesky "powers that be" would be more open to maintenance and would be more active in the direction of the new board..

I have a feeling that this new board would be a blessing in disguise.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Just so you all know, I'm living proof that there is in fact life after message board death.  If the worst happens and the message board doesn't reappear in some new form, most of us will survive.

You say that, but even you eventually came back into the fold.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It was probably some idiot my age ( im 26) who got a college degree in marketing, got a job with the Jaguars and came up with some genius idea to shut down the board and move everything to social media. This bozo might sit on Facebook all day, but their fantasy wont come to fruition. This wont improve their social media experience one bit. Message boards and Facebook are not the same experience. You will not get the same experience here that you will on Facebook. The social media crowd doesnt spend their day on sports message boards. But it seems corporations are hell bent on shoving social media down everyones throats. Just look at ESPN though, they took a turn for politics and social media and they are on the road to destruction. They wont exist in a decade, they are losing money every month and are doing extremely poor. Their competitors have now over taken them as the leaders in sports. All ESPN has now is their lengthy sports contracts that are burning holes in their pants. 

Social media is overrated. Just another drawn out fad that everyone is trying to jump on. 

Don't talk to me BB4 Tongue

Quote:It was probably some idiot my age ( im 26) who got a college degree in marketing, got a job with the Jaguars and came up with some genius idea to shut down the board and move everything to social media. This bozo might sit on Facebook all day, but their fantasy wont come to fruition. This wont improve their social media experience one bit. Message boards and Facebook are not the same experience. You will not get the same experience here that you will on Facebook. The social media crowd doesnt spend their day on sports message boards. But it seems corporations are hell bent on shoving social media down everyones throats. Just look at ESPN though, they took a turn for politics and social media and they are on the road to destruction. They wont exist in a decade, they are losing money every month and are doing extremely poor. Their competitors have now over taken them as the leaders in sports. All ESPN has now is their lengthy sports contracts that are burning holes in their pants. 

Social media is overrated. Just another drawn out fad that everyone is trying to jump on. 

It's a league-wide effort. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I do not have a FB or Twitter account...and I never intend to get one.  Hopefully we'll get a new message board, similar to this one.

Quote:I do not have a FB or Twitter account...and I never intend to get one.  Hopefully we'll get a new message board, similar to this one.
Facebook is the worst thing to ever happen to social media.

I would however recommend Twitter. You can follow just a few people if you choose and the information comes extremely fast. If you just follow Jags related writers, I think you would like it. 

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2017, 12:57 PM by David4499.)

The shutdown is probably due to Shad secretly selling the team. 

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Bucs were "updating" their forums 2009, I know it was 2009 because that was the only reason I ended up here  Laughing

Updating changed to closing. 

Quote:It was doomed the minute the schmucks put the political section in.

MORONS!

Thank you - that was funny!

Quote:Take a deep breath and calm down, Krazy.

A group of us are working on a new board that we plan to migrate all users over to so that you can continue your rants. Other than no longer being hosted by the team, the transition should be hopefully seamless. This may wind up being a good thing.

Thanks in advance. I cannot make it through the workday without my usual dose of Jaguars MB insanity.

Quote:Facebook is the worst thing to ever happen to social media.

I would however recommend Twitter. You can follow just a few people if you choose and the information comes extremely fast. If you just follow Jags related writers, I think you would like it.

That's basically how I use it. A couple friends and Jags news. Plus of course the Rapoports of the World.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Don't talk to me BB4 Tongue

I haven't said a word!! :teehee:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:A group of us are working on a new board that we plan to migrate all users over to so that you can continue your rants.  Other than no longer being hosted by the team, the transition should be hopefully seamless.  This may wind up being a good thing.

That's a good thing.  At least it sounds like the front office is willing to work out a solution.

Quote:Believe it or not, I'm already thinking a split from the organization has the possibility of being a really good thing. I'm guessing the chain of command would shrink and those pesky "powers that be" would be more open to maintenance and would be more active in the direction of the new board..

I have a feeling that this new board would be a blessing in disguise.

My thoughts exactly.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I might create a social media profile after the new board is up in order to recruit more members and to give a hardy [BLEEP] YOU! shout out to the Jags IT folks.

Or not.

Quote:Can always move to reddit or just start a jaguars discord server

I actually like the idea of doing a discord.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:I definitely won't be partaking in Facebook, Instagram or Twitter Jag sites..

Yeah.  None of those allow for threads, continuity, etc.  I get them being tired of all the hate.  But nothing substitutes for a forum. Thanks for devaluing your fans.  Truly disappointing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!