Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Developing Faster than anticipated?

Quote:LoL'n @ "Rain dog"

I wish I was like you.....easily amused...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes, but I'm expecting a step back in the next game.  Careers don't just start up and go to the moon.   I expect some ups and downs.

That's the point some here can't seem to grasp.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That's the point some here can't seem to grasp.

Its all about repetition and muscle memory. Thats the point they purposely ignore. 

Bortles is already better than Henne, thats not even the issue, The object here is to get the finished product of Bortles as good as it can possibly be. To attain that, he needs more work with the fundamentals and should not start until mid season at the earliest. 

Quote:Its all about repetition and muscle memory. Thats the point they purposely ignore.

Bortles is already better than Henne, thats not even the issue, The object here is to get the finished product of Bortles as good as it can possibly be. To attain that, he needs more work with the fundamentals and should not start until mid season at the earliest.
Bortles said as much last night about muscle memory.

Nobody is debating who the better QB is between the two.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I think that would go down in my book as a positive, personally.

Same here.  It shows adaptability.  And I'm sure getting all of the routes down will come with time.  Better that, than to look like a deer caught in the headlights.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Bortles is already better than Henne, thats not even the issue, The object here is to get the finished product of Bortles as good as it can possibly be. To attain that, he needs more work with the fundamentals and should not start until mid season at the earliest. 

Can't agree with that.  Bortles is better than Henne -- yes.  But there's no reason to put a limit on when he should come out.  If he's ready before mid-season, then there's no reason to wait that long, unless everything else isn't ready.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Can't agree with that.  Bortles is better than Henne -- yes.  But there's no reason to put a limit on when he should come out.  If he's ready before mid-season, then there's no reason to wait that long, unless everything else isn't ready.

Agreed. He will start when they decide he's ready. I'd expect that to happen sometime after the bye barring injury.

Quote:Same here.  It shows adaptability.  And I'm sure getting all of the routes down will come with time.  Better that, than to look like a deer caught in the headlights.

If you miss that, watch SF play again.

Quote:Can't agree with that.  Bortles is better than Henne -- yes.  But there's no reason to put a limit on when he should come out.  If he's ready before mid-season, then there's no reason to wait that long, unless everything else isn't ready.

The limit is because muscle memory needs repetition, which needs time. 

Quote:The limit is because muscle memory needs repetition, which needs time. 

Thanks for stating the obvious.

FBT, why are you always trying to take personal shots at TMD?

It seems to happen in just about every thread you both are in. Never just good conversation, but arguments. All the time.

I don't get much internet over here so I'm not gonna type more but even if you don't like the guy at least respect him. Don't dishonor the admin title that you hold.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Thanks for stating the obvious.

Its not obvious to some apparently, because they continue to assert stuff like...."well if he continues as he's doing maybe he could start in a few weeks.....". 

The point is, 3 weeks isn't enough. Not enough time will have amassed by then for sufficient repetitions on the fundamentals that they are working on with Blake. 

Quote:Its not obvious to some apparently, because they continue to assert stuff like...."well if he continues as he's doing maybe he could start in a few weeks.....". 

The point is, 3 weeks isn't enough. Not enough time will have amassed by then for sufficient repetitions on the fundamentals that they are working on with Blake.

It's stating the obvious. Even Bortles said as recently as from the sideline Friday night that his biggest issue is footwork.

Quote:FBT, why are you always trying to take personal shots at TMD?

It seems to happen in just about every thread you both are in. Never just good conversation, but arguments. All the time.

I don't get much internet over here so I'm not gonna type more but even if you don't like the guy at least respect him. Don't dishonor the admin title that you hold.

Thanks for the advice.

[quote name="FBT" post="250003" timestamp="1407722312"]Thanks for the advice.[/Quotes sarcasm

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2014, 07:08 AM by temporaryname.)

Quote:I wish I was like you.....easily amused...
Well, it's a trait I appreciate having. I can find humor in the oddest things. I'm sure you could be even more easily amused than I, if you tried... Here... let me toss you something shiny.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Well, it's a trait I appreciate having. I can find humor in the oddest things. I'm sure you could be even more easily amused than I, if you tried... Here... let me toss you something shiny.

There better be glitter involved.

I'm not even sold on Bortles starting ASAP, but is there a reason to believe that he can't also work on fundamentals while getting play time? 

Quote:I'm not even sold on Bortles starting ASAP, but is there a reason to believe that he can't also work on fundamentals while getting play time? 
Working on fundamentals requires you to focus on your basic movements. In a game you have to focus on the play.

In order to focus on the play and have good fundamentals, your fundamentals have to be instinctual. Otherwise you will fall back on what is instinctual which are your bad habits.

The more you fall back on bad habits the more you reinforce the bad behavior. The more you reinforce the bad behavior the more difficult it becomes to change.

Blake said he is trying to get the footwork and stuff into muscle memory,so it becomes automatic.I loved hearing this.Thats why the Tebows of the league weren't able to change their throwing motion,they couldn't change muscle memory