Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Politics are ok?

Quote:Okay, let's accept your premise for a second, which is, if I'm not mistaken, saying the journalists script their stories with heavy consideration of their audience in mind.  Doesn't that go against every tenant of true journalism?  Which I think would be, report as it happened, regardless of any circumstance, no?  And I not talking about the opinion shows on both sides, but things purported as actual newscast.  Like Brian Williams from NBC.  His show couldn't have any more of a left wing slant.  

You're joking, right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Okay, let's accept your premise for a second, which is, if I'm not mistaken, saying the journalists script their stories with heavy consideration of their audience in mind.  Doesn't that go against every tenant of true journalism?  

Appealing to the audience is journalism basics. The cold truth wouldn't appeal to most audiences because so many people like things sugar-coated towards their views. 

Quote:Appealing to the audience is journalism basics. The cold truth wouldn't appeal to most audiences because so many people like things sugar-coated towards their views.

That's not journalism.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 12:25 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

Quote:You're joking, right?

I'm not sure which part of my post you are referring to, but, no, I wasn't joking with any of it.

Quote:I tend toward the conservative, but you're really going to break your back trying to convince anyone with a brain that Fox News (yes, their news department) isn't as agenda driven as is NBC.

When you lead off the news 25 straight days with Bengazi, you're trying to make a point. But at least Sheppard Smith doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.

It's pretty simple: Fox News - It's Obama's fault! ABC/NBC/CBS - it's not Obama's fault!

For any of them you pretty much know what you're going to be told before you hear it. I think they're all part of Comedy Central.
There's always going to be bias in news. Of the actual news networks and real news shows, Fox does indeed present the least biased of any major news network. I watch them all, and if Fox does a story that has a conservative bias, the perception only exists because of the target of said report.

On things like Benghazi, they were the only network really investigating the story, and the perception would be that doing so would be pandering to conservative viewers because it paints dear ruler and his merry band of incompetents in a bad light. That's just perception in the news climate of 2014. Had this same story been broken 20 or 30 years ago it would have been considered straight news reporting. Because today most of the networks are fully in the bag for 0bama, they don't pursue real news stories that might undermine the narrative they've created for him, so they barely reference them in their newscasts.

Fox News wasn't reporting on it because it was bad for 0bama. They reported on it because it was actually newsworthy. Mainstream news used to do that. They don't anymore because they've gone into the business of king making and myth building. They're more concerned about staying in the good graces of the administration so they get the softball interviews and feel like they have a seat at the table than they are about upsetting the apple cart by doing real reporting.

Sharyl Atkisson formerly of CBS all but confirmed that after she decided she'd had enough with the bias she was dealing with. They were trying to force her to soften her reporting to sound less critical. If you saw any of her stuff on Benghazi, she was simply reporting facts that nobody else had, including Fox News. CBS repeatedly tried to change her reports, and even buried a few.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:....yeah, and I'm Warren Buffett.

No, you're Howdy Doodie.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:There's always going to be bias in news. Of the actual news networks and real news shows, Fox does indeed present the least biased of any major news network. I watch them all, and if Fox does a story that has a conservative bias, the perception only exists because of the target of said report.

On things like Benghazi, they were the only network really investigating the story, and the perception would be that doing so would be pandering to conservative viewers because it paints dear ruler and his merry band of incompetents in a bad light. That's just perception in the news climate of 2014. Had this same story been broken 20 or 30 years ago it would have been considered straight news reporting. Because today most of the networks are fully in the bag for 0bama, they don't pursue real news stories that might undermine the narrative they've created for him, so they barely reference them in their newscasts.

Fox News wasn't reporting on it because it was bad for 0bama. They reported on it because it was actually newsworthy. Mainstream news used to do that. They don't anymore because they've gone into the business of king making and myth building. They're more concerned about staying in the good graces of the administration so they get the softball interviews and feel like they have a seat at the table than they are about upsetting the apple cart by doing real reporting.

Sharyl Atkisson formerly of CBS all but confirmed that after she decided she'd had enough with the bias she was dealing with. They were trying to force her to soften her reporting to sound less critical. If you saw any of her stuff on Benghazi, she was simply reporting facts that nobody else had, including Fox News. CBS repeatedly tried to change her reports, and even buried a few.

I'm sorry but your belief in Fox as non-biased (or a conservative bias?) is so simple-minded as to be endearing. If you think they were only reporting on Bengazi (every day as the lead story) because it was newsworthy and not to the detriment of Obama (and Clinton, the real target), then I don't know what to tell you.

Live in your fairyland world where FoxNnews is only seeking the Truth, while those other news organizations take their points from Moscow. It's a much simpler world that way.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I'm sorry but your belief in Fox as non-biased (or a conservative bias?) is so simple-minded as to be endearing. If you think they were only reporting on Bengazi (every day as the lead story) because it was newsworthy and not to the detriment of Obama (and Clinton, the real target), then I don't know what to tell you.

Live in your fairyland world where FoxNnews is only seeking the Truth, while those other news organizations take their points from Moscow. It's a much simpler world that way.

And this is why I think the red states and the blue states should just go ahead and get a divorce.  There's too much money to be made polarizing us, so it'll never stop.  The reds and the blues can't even agree on the facts anymore.  We used to argue about solutions.  Now we argue about the facts.  We live in two different worlds and we cannot believe the other side is even sincere.  Each side thinks the other side is evil, because they are being told that by people who make millions of dollars a year demonizing the other side.  Let's just let all the red states go one way, and all the blue states go another way. 

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No, you're Howdy Doodie.

....and you're still not a conservative.  

Quote:I'm sorry but your belief in Fox as non-biased (or a conservative bias?) is so simple-minded as to be endearing. If you think they were only reporting on Bengazi (every day as the lead story) because it was newsworthy and not to the detriment of Obama (and Clinton, the real target), then I don't know what to tell you.

lol....more "conservative" viewpoint from Adam2012...

Quote:And this is why I think the red states and the blue states should just go ahead and get a divorce.  There's too much money to be made polarizing us, so it'll never stop.  The reds and the blues can't even agree on the facts anymore.  We used to argue about solutions.  Now we argue about the facts.  We live in two different worlds and we cannot believe the other side is even sincere.  Each side thinks the other side is evil, because they are being told that by people who make millions of dollars a year demonizing the other side.  Let's just let all the red states go one way, and all the blue states go another way. 

I actually agree & support this idea. 

Quote:And this is why I think the red states and the blue states should just go ahead and get a divorce.  There's too much money to be made polarizing us, so it'll never stop.  The reds and the blues can't even agree on the facts anymore.  We used to argue about solutions.  Now we argue about the facts.  We live in two different worlds and we cannot believe the other side is even sincere.  Each side thinks the other side is evil, because they are being told that by people who make millions of dollars a year demonizing the other side.  Let's just let all the red states go one way, and all the blue states go another way. 

I'd be curious what states you consider Red and what states you consider Blue.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote: 

I actually agree & support this idea. 

Than you'd be stuck in Blue land brother cause NJ ain't going with the red states.

Quote:I'd be curious what states you consider Red and what states you consider Blue.

I'm in a state of madness and you all better STAY BACK.

Quote:Than you'd be stuck in Blue land brother cause NJ ain't going with the red states.

I'd move. 

Quote:I'm in a state of madness and you all better STAY BACK.

I just wanna know where I go for my Yellow state?

Quote:I'd move. 

I always told my wife, WHEN Texas breaks away we're headed out west.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 01:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No, you're Howdy Doodie.

and...like my other point stated....

Typical liberal that has to name call when they disagree/ argue with someone. 

Quote:I always told my wife, WHEN Texas breaks away we're headed out west.

We might be future neighbors. 

Quote:I'd be curious what states you consider Red and what states you consider Blue.

And what about Urban vs Rural in most states? New York is pretty conservative once you're out of the City. LIkewise rural California vs the Big Cities. The District and political suburbs like Alexandria don't mesh with the rest of Virginia. Pittsburgh and Philly are almost polar opposites. It's not enough to just say "Red v Blue" at the state level.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato