Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Shorts to Cleveland?

Quote:So you didn't suggest it but you did?  You didn't suggest if a team offered multiple picks you'd take it, but you did suggest it?  Really?

You've got a career in politics waiting.

I see no point in continuing. if you are unable to understand why you're wrong then that won't change. If you're just obstinate and think it looks better for you to just continue arguing then I'm wasting my time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What if the Browns are not done trying to acquire WR's and they offered us a 2015 3rd round pick for Cecil Shorts?  

How would you all feel about it?  Remember, Gene Smith drafted him, and they are jettisoning those guys quickly.

I believe Shorts will be a free agent after this year and might be gone anyways, since I expect Lee and Robinson to be better by year's end.  He has been a little injury-prone, which are both reasons I believe we drafted two WR's so early.

We aren't a player away from the Super Bowl, and a 3rd round pick for next year might come in handy to continue to rebuild the O-line.

On the down side, it would be nice to have at least one proven vet WR to show the new-comers the ropes.

WR's would be:

1. Lee 

2. Robinson

3. Sanders

4. Brown

5. Doss

6. Taylor or Hurns or pick up Greg Little
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-vs-eagles

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.  

Actually, I make no apologies.  Kind of what I expected from Cecil Hurts III this year again.  Might eat my words later, but I'm betting most people who said "no way" to this idea are now saying "we should have traded him when we had the chance"!   I've already seen that in other threads. 

Looking back on some of the responses in this thread, especially from one or two people is pretty funny.

Why would a team trade anything for Shorts? He can't fill up his Gatorade cup without pulling a muscle.

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-vs-eagles

Actually, I make no apologies.  Kind of what I expected from Cecil Hurts III this year again.  Might eat my words later, but I'm betting most people who said "no way" to this idea are now saying "we should have traded him when we had the chance"!   I've already seen that in other threads. 

Looking back on some of the responses in this thread, especially from one or two people is pretty funny.
It is a bit funny.  But he wouldn't have garnered a third rounder then, and certainly won't now. 

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 11:53 PM by jagabc6893.)

Quote:It is a bit funny.  But he wouldn't have garnered a third rounder then, and certainly won't now. 
Well of course he won't now.  THAT is the whole point.

I wanted to do it in the off season before he injured himself putting on his socks.  LOL.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000389987/article/jaguars-cecil-shorts-ruled-out-vs-eagles'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000389987/article/jaguars-cecil-shorts-ruled-out-vs-eagles</a>

Actually, I make no apologies. Kind of what I expected from Cecil Hurts III this year again. Might eat my words later, but I'm betting most people who said "no way" to this idea are now saying "we should have traded him when we had the chance"! I've already seen that in other threads.

Cecil Hurts hahahaha
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I skipped all the posts in this thread, I do admit. Having said that, we should trade CS3 for whatever we can get. He has been probably the worst receiver we've have in quite some time. The problem with this statement is that we've had absolutely no good receivers for quite awhile so people will definitely take that as a bad notion... but it's not. Justin Blackmon is the only positive thing we've seen in several years. The reason CS3 has gotten any positive attention is because of JB by far... end rant...

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Are you guys kidding?  I'd trade Shorts for a 3rd rounder in a heartbeat.  He's always injured, he's a WR 2 at best, and he's gonna be paid more money than he's worth.  Nobody in their right mind would give us a 3rd rounder for Shorts.  If somebody gives us a 3rd rounder, I'll buy one of you guys or girls 3 beers or cocktails at the game.  He's decent, but he isn't a stud by any means.  I'd rather let Lee, Robinson, Sanders, and Hurns be the core than rely and more importantly pay Cecil "A Gust of Wind Blew on My Hamstring Now I'm Out for Five Weeks" Shorts.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Quote:Well of course he won't now. THAT is the whole point.

I wanted to do it in the off season before he injured himself putting on his socks. LOL.

Just because YOU wanted to do it, doesn't mean anyone was offering a third rounder for him. His value was probably a late fourth at best.

His value to other teams simply isn't as high as it is to the jags.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Dave was probably planning to move him a la Eugene Monroe anyway and this injury doesn't help. Honestly, though, what's his value...maybe a conditional 6th or 7th? The Patriots got a conditional 7th for Mallett as a comp. Not starting a Mallett debate, just a comment.

If Lee, AR15 and Hurns translate to the big stage, then Hurts III is gone. Everbank on it.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

wow!  14 pages because of one word....

IF

We're talking about if.  It's a conditional word that allows for a hypothetical.  I'm no sure why everyone is in a huff.

If we get good value, trade Shorts.  This arguement wins.

We probably won't get good value, so Shorts is here as long as he's not asking for crazy money.  This arguement wins.

It looks like people just wanted to pick a fight last night....

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 06:35 PM by jagabc6893.)

Dang, why didn't I think of this?  I will admit I was wrong about thinking the Jags would run the ball more than pass it in 2014. (only 39% run to 61% pass).  Why I didn't realize they would have to pass so much playing from behind, I don't know.  Of course Gerhart getting hurt in the first game of the season did not help either.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...make-sense

Cecil Shorts to the Browns

The Browns desperately need warm bodies at wideout to fill the void left by Josh Gordon. Shorts is a Cleveland native who played his college ball at nearby Mt. Union. The pairing would give the Browns a solid No. 2 wideout who averaged 58 catches for 771 yards per season over the past three years on a Jaguars team lacking consistency under center. We expect the Browns to find a potential lead pass-catcher with the No. 12 overall pick in April's draft, but Shorts would hit town as an affordable complementary weapon.

I'll take a fifth for him.

Quote:I'll take a fifth for him.

He's going to be a free agent in less than a month. Any team can sign him and not give up a pick.

Well he's no longer under contact so I don't think we can trade him now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He is a free agent, you cannot trade him.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:He's going to be a free agent in less than a month. Any team can sign him and not give up a pick.
I'm sorry. I thought this thread was discussing a hypothetical situation.

Man going back to the original post I do wish we could have traded him for a 3 round pick... I know the past is the past tho so good luck to Shorts in the future.

people really wanted a first rounder for shorts deaaadddd

#freeTMD #freeOklahomie