Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Shorts to Cleveland?

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 05:09 PM by jagabc6893.)

What if the Browns are not done trying to acquire WR's and they offered us a 2015 3rd round pick for Cecil Shorts?  

How would you all feel about it?  Remember, Gene Smith drafted him, and they are jettisoning those guys quickly.

I believe Shorts will be a free agent after this year and might be gone anyways, since I expect Lee and Robinson to be better by year's end.  He has been a little injury-prone, which are both reasons I believe we drafted two WR's so early.

We aren't a player away from the Super Bowl, and a 3rd round pick for next year might come in handy to continue to rebuild the O-line.

On the down side, it would be nice to have at least one proven vet WR to show the new-comers the ropes.

WR's would be:

1. Lee 

2. Robinson

3. Sanders

4. Brown

5. Doss

6. Taylor or Hurns or pick up Greg Little

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Smh......

Nope
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

lol no

No way

Maybe if they gave us the BIll's 1st rounder they got.  But otherwise, no thanks.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Would rather try to get a deal done

Quote:What if the Browns are not done trying to acquire WR's and they offered us a 2015 3rd round pick for Cecil Shorts?  

How would you all feel about it?  Remember, Gene Smith drafted him, and they are jettisoning those guys quickly.

I believe Shorts will be a free agent after this year and might be gone anyways, since I expect Lee and Robinson to be better by year's end.  He has been a little injury-prone, which are both reasons I believe we drafted two WR's so early.

We aren't a player away from the Super Bowl, and a 3rd round pick for next year might come in handy to continue to rebuild the O-line.

On the down side, it would be nice to have at least one proven vet WR to show the new-comers the ropes.

WR's would be:

1. Lee 

2. Robinson

3. Sanders

4. Brown

5. Doss

6. Taylor or Hurns or pick up Greg Little

I'd do the deal, but it would have to be conditional with the pick going to a 2nd rounder if Shorts performs at a level he appears able to do (800 yards 5 TDs, or something like that)

You guys do know we are going to run it a lot this year, right?  LOL

They'd have to pony up buffalos 1st rder to get me interested, Shorts is way to important to our WRs corp.

And Cecil did play at Mount Union, which is in OHIO....so it has to make sense.  LOL

Quote:You guys do know we are going to run it a lot this year, right?  LOL

i bet we pass more often than we run it. its a passing league now. 

no i wouldnt trade shorts for a third. he has a lot more value to this team than what he would be worth in a trade.

the jaguars just last week said that shorts is in their long term plans. 

nothing about your idea is logical or beneficial. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 05:19 PM by BritishJag.)

1st rounder or nothing.

I don't think his production has been worth a 1st rounder but he is the only WR on the team with more than a years experience. Would be insane to trade him for a mid-round pick.

We just used our first 3 draft picks on a QB and WRs to run the ball more. Sure.

For the 100th time, no.

Why in the world would you guys think Cecil Shorts is worth a 1st round pick?  Really??  Cecil Shorts III?

Trading him is stupid. 

We don't have an "abundance" of good receivers on this team that would warrant a trade of 1 one of them.

We have shorts, a #2, ... Ace who is basically a #4/slot receiver/punt returner, and 2 rookies.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Why in the world would you guys think Cecil Shorts is worth a 1st round pick?  Really??  Cecil Shorts III?
Because it'd be dumb to trade him for anything less. We don't need mid-round picks for next year right now. If it came to week 5 and he wasn't going to sign a contract (like Monroe) then sure, see what you can get but right now we need Shorts on this team.

You can't have rookie WRs at 1 and 2 so who becomes #1? Ace Sanders? Mike Brown?

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 05:26 PM by jagabc6893.)

Quote:1st rounder or nothing.

I don't think his production has been worth a 1st rounder but he is the only WR on the team with more than a years experience. Would be insane to trade him for a mid-round pick.

We just used our first 3 draft picks on a QB and WRs to run the ball more. Sure.
I said THIS YEAR we will run the ball a lot.

Henne or a Rookie QB at the helm, rookie WR's surrounding Shorts (who has peaked already IMO), questionable O-line/pass protection.

I can't see us lighting it up ....yet.  Maybe next year they will turn things loose.  

Quote:Why in the world would you guys think Cecil Shorts is worth a 1st round pick?  Really??  Cecil Shorts III?

I think he's "worth" a 3rd rounder, but only in the case that your receiver core is just too stacked and you don't need him anymore.

We need Cecil.  He's worth more than just a 3rd for that reason.

If someone absolutely wants him, they will have to overpay for him, so maybe a 2nd round pick would do it for me.  

But I don't think you're gonna get far by trading away good, young players that have a future with your team.  Now, if Cecil is making it clear he doesn't want to resign with us (and we will lose him for sure), I would consider trading him.  But even then you may still benefit more from him playing 1 more year and then just getting a compensatory pick next year, because he will probably get some serious cash in FA.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Because it'd be dumb to trade him for anything less. We don't need mid-round picks for next year right now. If it came to week 5 and he wasn't going to sign a contract (like Monroe) then sure, see what you can get but right now we need Shorts on this team.

You can't have rookie WRs at 1 and 2 so who becomes #1? Ace Sanders? Mike Brown?
Why can't you have rookie WR's at 1 and 2?  We aren't going to the playoffs this year anyways.  I'm telling you, we are going to run it a lot this season, then the passing will take over next year when Bortles, Lee and Robinson are no longer rookies, and the O-line is solidified.