Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

Quote:I don't know what happened with him during the draft process. There were talks of him showing slight arrogance, so I guess maybe GMs couldn't get pass that.

Too early to say he's going to be a star, but he has potential. He needs to he consistent first.
He was said to be somewhat arrogant stating he was the best qb in the draft but how is that any different than Manning saying "I'll kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED] for the next ten years if you don't draft me" any worse?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But did he make the right decision to pass on him in the second?

We'll find out after we get to see Caldwell's man, whoever that may be, I suppose. Right now, I'm comfortable with the decision, though I freely admit to liking and wanting Geno ahead of Joeckel. We shall see how it plays out.

On Wisconsin.

Geno is pretty inconsistent and I'm glad he's not a Jaguar.  But, he does make Gabbert look like a pop warner player I will say that.  

Gene's Myth

Did you see Thad Lewis (who?) from the Bills? Dude came in from the PS, barely knew the system and play two back-to-back games against quality opponents in the Bengals and the Dolphins (almost winning both) better any two games I saw from Gabbert last season.

This is not to cheap shot Gabbert or anything like that, but seriously, how bad could he be? If he was able to convince Del Rio and Gene Smith to believe in his talent and trade up to pick him at #10, shouldn't his talents at least stand out from the crowd?

Quote:Did you see Thad Lewis (who?) from the Bills? Dude came in from the PS, barely knew the system and play two back-to-back games against quality opponents in the Bengals and the Dolphins (almost winning both) better any two games I saw from Gabbert last season.

This is not to cheap shot Gabbert or anything like that, but seriously, how bad could he be? If he was able to convince Del Rio and Gene Smith to believe in his talent and trade up to pick him at #10, shouldn't his talents at least stand out from the crowd?

we get it gabbert is no good please get over it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Geno my friend you had some trouble yesterday.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Lol good defence = bad geno

"Get Better Everyday"

lol wow that was just a terrible game

We should of took him with the 2nd pick.  He would probably be in a coma right now.

There is so much crow to eat and only one or two posters have had the balls to sit down at the dinner table.

Quote:We'll find out after we get to see Caldwell's man, whoever that may be, I suppose. Right now, I'm comfortable with the decision, though I freely admit to liking and wanting Geno ahead of Joeckel. We shall see how it plays out.

Would you trade Joeckel for Geno straight up, right now?

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 06:33 PM by carly.)

Quote:Would you trade Joeckel for Geno straight up, right now?

No, because I think there are better quarterback prospects to be had in the upcoming draft. Did you miss my comment where I said I'm comfortable with taking Joeckel over Geno, though personally I liked Geno? What's your point?

I'm also not moronic enough to think I know, one way or another, what Geno's career is going to look like in one year, two years, five years, ten years. But you have painted yourself into quite the corner halfway through his rookie season, haven't you, Brian?

On Wisconsin.

The dude is a blue collar David Garrard. Actually, he's more like an Andre Ware.

He will wow you sometimes, and disappoint the hell out of you other times.

A lot of people have labeled me as a hater, but that's just what I see. I think he'll have some games that make me look bad by saying what I do. I think he'll also have enough games to prove me right though.

He's an average, decent QB. He was the best of a QB void draft. That didn't make him worthy of a high pick. It's what I have maintained since this process started.

Maybe I haven't articulated it like this, but it's simply how I feel. It's what I see.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Right now your point is pretty fair.  He's been inconsistent, but this is still his "intern" year after all. 

Quote:No, because I think there are better quarterback prospects to be had in the upcoming draft. Did you miss my comment where I said I'm comfortable with taking Joeckel over Geno, though personally I liked Geno? What's your point?

I'm also not moronic enough to think I know, one way or another, what Geno's career is going to look like in one year, two years, five years, ten years. But you have painted yourself into quite the corner halfway through his rookie season, haven't you, Brian?

I'm comfortable enough after watching him play, pretty closely, two years in college. I never saw him as a starting NFL QB. I don't need to ride the fence with my opinion to try to save face.

To be a rookie he looks pretty darn good to me. Rookies have good games and bad games. That what growing pains are. Coupled with the fact that he has no talent at the wide out position and has his team primed to fight for a playoff spot seems like he was at least worth a second round pick. I'll be one to go on a limb to say he will have a good to great career. It is funny though that most people thought he would look just as bad as Gabbert and looks lights year better than our third year qb.

The guy can play and has star potential. As soon as people stop hating on him and just watch they will see it. No one in their right minds though the jets would be a playoff contender this year and it looks like they are. He is the main change they made to the team and it has paid off for them. We passed over a quality qb prospect again. Hopefully the team wont be so stupid this upcoming draft and do the same.

Didn't get to watch the game but oof I heard it was bad. Still think he will be good and too many people want an Andrew luck type rookie year which is extremely unlikely and unfair to all other prospects.

Quote:There is so much crow to eat and only one or two posters have had the balls to sit down at the dinner table.

There is no crow to eat for anyone. You can serve the crow in a year or two.

Quote:There is no crow to eat for anyone. You can serve the crow in a year or two.

If he won rookie of the year this year, do you think the Geno fans would have felt the same? Do you think they would wait a year or two to make others eat crow?

Most likely, Geno will win RoY.