Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:I would consider this, if not for the fact Tom wouldn't allow himself to be a part of losing (especially not being a part of allowing it.)

That - and it's his job to fix any potential blunders in Dave's evaluations. As in - it's the primary reason he's even here in Jacksonville working for the Jaguars.  

But - the first opportunity he has to do it - he decides to let a blunder go unchecked so he can point fingers elsewhere. 

Sounds legit. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just looked at the numbers again. 

His guaranteed money in 2017 under the option would have been 12.75 million. (all of 2017 salary plus half of 2018 base)

The transition tag currently sits at 12.6 million for an O-Lineman.

So - while it's clearly not ideal - it could be an escape valve if they don't strike a cheaper deal with Beachum and don't have something else cooking. 
Still, I don't think that money is the big issue here.  $175k isn't going to make a difference to the team. But, if they decide they can leverage his knee recovery to get an even cheaper deal, that's fine.  I see this one a lot like the Henne deal.  The team is exploring their options.  If there's really not a better one short term, Beachum will become a priority.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm not really tripping off beachum TBH. He's not a good run blocker and if we're going to be successful with Blake at qb, we have to be run heavy.

Quote:I'm not really tripping off beachum TBH. He's not a good run blocker and if we're going to be successful with Blake at qb, we have to be run heavy.
Traditionally, an LT doesn't necessarily need to be a great run blocker.  His primary responsibility is protecting his QB's blindside.  I think Beachum did an adequate job in that role.  This team does want to become more effective in running the ball, and there will probably be at least 1 or 2 new faces on that line as a result.  I guess the strategy will eventually reveal itself as to what the intent is at LT.  I doubt they'd let a starting LT go without getting some input from Marrone.  At this point, it really could just be a lot of posturing going on between the front office and Beachum. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Seems to me our better runs were to the left side.  So, not sure if perception matches reality in this case.

He seemed to be good enough when the right side proved itself much less proficient.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What do we move onto? Whitworth? We moving JOKEl back there? Reaching for Cam Robinson? I don't see a lot of options here. 

I'm hoping just maybe...

Cordy Glenn.

'02

Quote:Still, I don't think that money is the big issue here. 

I agree. 

I'm only saying that if the team feels like they don't have a better player (or deal with Beachum) lined up come March 8th, they'll have an escape valve w/ the trans. tag that won't cost them any more than year one of his option would have. 

Quote:I'm hoping just maybe...

Cordy Glenn.

He just signed a 5 year, $65 million contract with $36 million guaranteed.  $19M of that was on the books for 2016.  I seriously doubt they're going to eat the reaming money, so you can refocus your hope somewhere else.

Quote: 

He just signed a 5 year, $65 million contract with $36 million guaranteed.  $19M of that was on the books for 2016.  I seriously doubt they're going to eat the reaming money, so you can refocus your hope somewhere else.

That's weird... I totally heard on nfl radio on my way to work that the BIlls and Cordy were parting ways. ...but I'm looking around and seeing nothing to indicate as much.

'02

They should just go for broke. Sign Whitworth, Clady, Zeitler and Lang and just leave Linder at center.

Whitworth - Lang - Linder - Zeitler - Clady

Draft Cook No. 4 overall.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Whitworth - Lang - Linder - Zeitler - Clady

Omameh - Linder - Bowanko - Cann - Parnell

:teehee:

Quote: 

As a general rule, there is a possibility a newly signed deal can be re-worked to facilitate a trade.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Omameh - Linder - Bowanko - Cann - Parnell

:teehee:
Whimper, Beadles, Brewster, DeMarco, Fordham

Quote:As a general rule, there is a possibility a newly signed deal can be re-worked to facilitate a trade.

I don't think their intention was to trade him. I could certainly be wrong about that, but with the amount of guaranteed money in that deal, it seems unlikely.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 12:41 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I don't think their intention was to trade him. I could certainly be wrong about that, but this the amount of guaranteed money in that deal, it seems unlikely.
No...I'm not saying the extension was done to facilitate the trade then.

I suggest the extension itself might be re-worked to facilitate a trade moving forward

Assuming, of course, there is no CBA prohibition against renegotiating contracts two straight years, and that this represents a renegotiation.

Quote:No...I'm not saying the extension was done to facilitate the trade.

I suggest the extension itself might be re-worked to facilitate a trade.

Gotcha. I don't see any indication that's the case. When they inked the new deal, they were talking about him as a cornerstone of the "new" Bills. Things change, but there's nothing out there implying that has happened here. I guess we shall see.

Quote:Gotcha. I don't see any indication that's the case. When they inked the new deal, they were talking about him as a cornerstone of the "new" Bills. Things change, but there's nothing out there implying that has happened here. I guess we shall see.
Stranger things have happened.  Could anyone have envisioned in 2000 that Boselli would ever be a member of another team?

As I said when I first threw the Glenn scenario up, it's highly unlikely, just like every message board trade hypothetical in every off season.

Quote:Whimper, Beadles, Brewster, DeMarco, Fordham
you win

[Image: tumblr_ns9xyh0yDf1r2q2xko1_500.gif]

I wouldn't rule out at least two or three quality lineman being signed though. Zeitler, Lang & Clady or Whitford, Walford & Leary. This isn't Gene Smith calling the shots. Coughlin has the cap space to play with. I think he's going to exhaust it to the best of his abilities. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to...albert-ot/

(dolphins releasing LT Brandon Albert ^  letting Tunsil take his place and saving some cap)