Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupid. Stupid Stupid Decision

Quote:I actually like the idea of doing a discord.

There is already a Jaguars Reddit discord that is pretty active, but I'd be fine with creating and chatting in another one as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Believe it or not, I'm already thinking a split from the organization has the possibility of being a really good thing. I'm guessing the chain of command would shrink and those pesky "powers that be" would be more open to maintenance and would be more active in the direction of the new board..

I have a feeling that this new board would be a blessing in disguise.
Perhaps if the board closure ends up with Jaguars fans having more viable posting options, including this new board, then perhaps you may be right.

There's no shortage of Steelers or Cowboys boards.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Believe it or not, I'm already thinking a split from the organization has the possibility of being a really good thing. I'm guessing the chain of command would shrink and those pesky "powers that be" would be more open to maintenance and would be more active in the direction of the new board..

I have a feeling that this new board would be a blessing in disguise.
It certainly has the potential to be a good thing.  The people who will be running the new board will be far more hands-on, so software glitches will be monitored more closely, and there will be a far more proactive approach in getting things fixed rather than looking at the board as an afterthought or a nuisance.

I think that once the dust settles on the new situation, it's going to wind up being a good thing for all involved. 

The only concern moving forward will be making sure users are completely aware that the new board is not directly affiliated with the team because we do have users who, for a host of reasons, tend to want to call the front office when they feel they've been wronged on the board.  Not that it made much of a difference, but moving forward, calling the front office to complain will fall on deaf ears since they don't host the board any longer, so they won't have to deal with that annoyance.

There is also the potential to try to do some unique stuff here once we get everything settled and moving forward.  We will definitely be looking to the users for suggestions (Not now. Save them for the new board), as well as possible opportunities to partner with others to try to make the board as interactive as possible.  We'll see how things go.  For  now, the focus is on getting things moving over to the new community.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Lol

Where and when?

Sucks the board is closing. Hopefully we can find a new home to go to soon.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

This Jaguar Fan signing off 4ever...............out!

You remember when your little sister would push you down and take your ice cream?

It feels just like that. Sad

Quote:This Jaguar Fan signing off 4ever...............out!

Just hang on for one more week.

'02

Been here since I was 16 years old. I remember getting Congrats for my 18th Birthday. It felt good to me, 18 was just another number to me however many told me to cherish it as my youth would not last long. It certainly has not as I just turned 30 and were it not for the board issues I would of received those same congrats. 

I remember being a stupid teen that thought he was more intelligent than grown men, cyber voicing my opinion with the likes of FBT and getting kicked, then creating this new profile. I remember the craze of Arkansas fans that joined when we drafted Matt Jones. I remember our one and only, old grumpy however truly beloved, Fargin. I've been through the fun times with the Mad Dog, and to a lesser extent even Necro. I am one of the only people on this planet who understand the inside joke of "Darft". I'm sure there are countless other things that I missing, these are some of the most memorable. 

Shame to see that it seems that the board may be going away. 

Love you guys 

I haven't posted much in the last year or two but I always visited the boards to see what was going on and to gauge fan reaction to my favorite sports team. I was a victim of the purge and I'm glad to be back, even if it is only for a few more days.

I have been on this board for almost ten years and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm really going to miss it. I will absolutely check out the new board and maybe post a little more often now.

Thank you all for everything you contributed to my favorite internet destination. Hope to see you all on the other side!

Quote:Been here since I was 16 years old. I remember getting Congrats for my 18th Birthday. It felt good to me, 18 was just another number to me however many told me to cherish it as my youth would not last long. It certainly has not as I just turned 30 and were it not for the board issues I would of received those same congrats. 

I remember being a stupid teen that thought he was more intelligent than grown men, cyber voicing my opinion with the likes of FBT and getting kicked, then creating this new profile. I remember the craze of Arkansas fans that joined when we drafted Matt Jones. I remember our one and only, old grumpy however truly beloved, Fargin. I've been through the fun times with the Mad Dog, and to a lesser extent even Necro. I am one of the only people on this planet who understand the inside joke of "Darft". I'm sure there are countless other things that I missing, these are some of the most memorable. 

Shame to see that it seems that the board may be going away. 

Love you guys 

Yea ... Fargin was a real Jaguars fan. I was drawn in by Vic, and stuck around because of Fargin. I had nothing but total respect for Frank ... and I do miss him. One older guy to another, I honestly was proud to see him tell it like it like it was (for him). He didn't mince words, which being an outsider, I wasn't able to do ... But, I appreciated his standing up for his (and mine) values.

Nothing like a good Fargin moment to sign off of this board for the very last time.

Quote:You remember when your little sister would push you down and take your ice cream?

It feels just like that. Sad

That's a Hoosier thing.

Quote:That's a Hoosier thing.

Take that back ... you take that back right now.

Quote:There is already a Jaguars Reddit discord that is pretty active, but I'd be fine with creating and chatting in another one as well.

I didnt even know there was a discord for the jags reddit, i prefer discord more these days, nice to use on phones. 

Quote:Take that back ... you take that back right now.

:no:

In reflecting on the decision to shutdown the Jungle,  I look at it as a business decision.  But one that seems like a huge mistake by the Jaguars organization.  Because the Jaguars are a relatively new franchise and are based in a small market,  I have felt for well over a decade that a version of this Message Board was a major asset for the organization.  It proved very helpful during the time last decade when ticket sales weren't going well and potential blackouts were the norm.   Facebook isn't a solution.  Twitter has its place but as a supplement. 

For participants, between a potential new alternative board that has been discussed and other existing message board forum options,  I think the vast majority of us will adjust well.  I have no ill will to anyone involved with the decision to shutdown the Jungle and greatly appreciate my 14 + years as a member/ participant. 

A favorite Fargin schtick was to aggravate a titans poster by the screen name of Psychop. He would belittle anything he would say and call him Pork Chop. Cracked me up every time.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I may just go Register on the Colts Board as a temporary holding place (when this thing goes down).   Looks like they have a College Football and Misc Discussion forum

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:I may just go Register on the Colts Board as a temporary holding place (when this thing goes down).   Looks like they have a College Football and Misc Discussion forum
I registered there once and was banned after one minuscule trash talk post. :devil:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.