Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

(09-03-2020, 09:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 09:20 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It was Instagram. When Fournette was doing an Instagram Live about his decision to play with the Bucs Henderson wrote "Free em" as a comment. People are taking it negatively and as a sign of things to come with him as well.

Free em?  As in "Free them?"  Maybe he meant free the Bucs.  Or maybe he meant freedom.  As in, freedom for Fournette.

Or maybe it's some kind of code.  Do these players communicate in code?  What the heck could "free em" mean, anyway?  "em" is not a word.

Free em as in playing in Jacksonville is seen as being in the equivalent of NFL prison and Fournette got freed from jail.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 09:44 AM by homebiscuit.)

Winning solves everything.

It also begs the question if the NFL is turning into the NBA.

Perhaps the FO should have a sit down with Henderson to ask him if his comments reflect on his willingness to give it his best for the team.

(09-03-2020, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh, I see now. Thanks for the explanation. Some of us older folks aren't very social media savvy.

Still relying on those good looks (that are magnified in your profile pic) to get you through life I see.

(09-03-2020, 09:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh, I see now. Thanks for the explanation. Some of us older folks aren't very social media savvy.

Still relying on those good looks (that are magnified in your profile pic) to get you through life I see.

It's both a blessing and a curse, I tell ya.

Photo 

CJ free em in support of Fournette....I dont blame the players for wanting out.

(09-03-2020, 09:27 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 09:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Free em?  As in "Free them?"  Maybe he meant free the Bucs.  Or maybe he meant freedom.  As in, freedom for Fournette.

Who knows? I think people definitely have reason to worry a bit when we have had so many top players get disgruntled enough to want out.

Well, since he made the remark after the signing, you could make the argument that he meant "free 'em" as in "let him loose" or "big dawg gotta eat".  In other words, to Tampa: make use of his skills and let him play. Could be wrong though, I am on rare occasions.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Sometimes I wonder if Shad Khan is paying any attention at all to this franchise.

(09-03-2020, 11:29 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 09:27 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Who knows? I think people definitely have reason to worry a bit when we have had so many top players get disgruntled enough to want out.

Well, since he made the remark after the signing, you could make the argument that he meant "free 'em" as in "let him loose" or "big dawg gotta eat".  In other words, to Tampa: make use of his skills and let him play. Could be wrong though, I am on rare occasions.

Could be anything with these millennial/Gen Z kids. So many new words and sayings come up all the time.

People are best left to stop reading Twitter and Instagram and such trying to decipher every thought some twit puts out, imo.

"Did you see what so and so said on Twitter?"
No... because I have better things to do with my life than live in the mind of some athlete, politician, actor, or reporter.

Shoot I can barely stand seeing the thoughts of most of the fans on this message board most of the time. Much less want to stalk or "follow" 'em. Laughing

(09-03-2020, 11:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sometimes I wonder if Shad Khan is paying any attention at all to this franchise.

To be honest, I don't think he cares about the sport of football at all. I believe this is solely a business thing for him. He just strikes me more of a soccer guy. He seems to turn a blind eye to things and lets an incompetent GM, Head Coach and whatever Coughlin was, drive this team into the ground.

(09-03-2020, 12:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 11:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sometimes I wonder if Shad Khan is paying any attention at all to this franchise.

To be honest, I don't think he cares about the sport of football at all. I believe this is solely a business thing for him. He just strikes me more of a soccer guy. He seems to turn a blind eye to things and lets an incompetent GM, Head Coach and whatever Coughlin was, drive this team into the ground.

Or he's a fairly fookie ish NFL owner, inherited a bad team with a bad roster and bad staff, has made a few changes along the way that haven't really worked out and just doesn't want to switch GMs and HCs every other year like the piss poor Browns have done to no different results.

I think he recognized Fournette won't be here in 2021 and this year is already a loss (we already suck and have 25% ticket sales) so why not just save $$ and fully tank for Trevor as this city really needs an elite QB to generate season ticket sales.  This may our last shot prior to serious consideration to pack it up and go but they can't blame the fans on this one since we're essentially the worst team of the rolling decade by the end of 2020

(09-03-2020, 12:13 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 12:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To be honest, I don't think he cares about the sport of football at all. I believe this is solely a business thing for him. He just strikes me more of a soccer guy. He seems to turn a blind eye to things and lets an incompetent GM, Head Coach and whatever Coughlin was, drive this team into the ground.

Or he's a fairly fookie ish NFL owner, inherited a bad team with a bad roster and bad staff, has made a few changes along the way that haven't really worked out and just doesn't want to switch GMs and HCs every other year like the piss poor Browns have done to no different results.

He's had 8 years to make a difference and we've haven't gotten any better. I don't care if he doesn't want to change the GM or coaches. What we are doing isn't working! If something isn't working, common sense should tell you to make a change. It isn't rocket science. When you change nothing and you continue to fail over and over, that's just as bad as constantly changing things.

(09-03-2020, 09:03 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 06:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Which twitter? What situation?

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1301332997262774278

CJ's profile picture shows him in a full Jags uniform (or maybe it's bouye from last year?)
If he was really unhappy with the Jags, he would have a different profile pic.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-03-2020, 12:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 12:13 PM)Kane Wrote: Or he's a fairly fookie ish NFL owner, inherited a bad team with a bad roster and bad staff, has made a few changes along the way that haven't really worked out and just doesn't want to switch GMs and HCs every other year like the piss poor Browns have done to no different results.

He's had 8 years to make a difference and we've haven't gotten any better. I don't care if he doesn't want to change the GM or coaches. What we are doing isn't working! If something isn't working, common sense should tell you to make a change. It isn't rocket science. When you change nothing and you continue to fail over and over, that's just as bad as constantly changing things.

He's made some changes. Smith out Caldwell in. Bradley out Marrone in. Coughlin in to oversee football Ops. I mean, I know everyone wants a clean sweep change of FO and coach staff, Hell, I did to this off season. But to pretend like the status quo has just been good enough for Khan is not true. He hasn't done what emotional knee jerk fans would do. And that makes emotional knee jerk fans mad. But in 8 years we've had front office shake ups and coach staff changes. We've drafted guys and bought guys in free agency. And in that time we have more playoff wins that some teams that have tried many different GMs and HCs. We aren't good. It hasn't been good, overall. Caldwell probably didn't deserve another year or two to right the ship.
But he's got it. Maybe you see that as Khan doesn't care. He was sold on the idea that they could make a quick turnaround. If they don't, they're probably gone.

And you guys can move on to the next GM/HC combo to complain about every day lol

(09-03-2020, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 12:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's had 8 years to make a difference and we've haven't gotten any better. I don't care if he doesn't want to change the GM or coaches. What we are doing isn't working! If something isn't working, common sense should tell you to make a change. It isn't rocket science. When you change nothing and you continue to fail over and over, that's just as bad as constantly changing things.

He's made some changes. Smith out Caldwell in. Bradley out Marrone in. Coughlin in to oversee football Ops. I mean, I know everyone wants a clean sweep change of FO and coach staff, Hell, I did to this off season. But to pretend like the status quo has just been good enough for Khan is not true. He hasn't done what emotional knee jerk fans would do. And that makes emotional knee jerk fans mad. But in 8 years we've had front office shake ups and coach staff changes. We've drafted guys and bought guys in free agency. And in that time we have more playoff wins that some teams that have tried many different GMs and HCs. We aren't good. It hasn't been good, overall. Caldwell probably didn't deserve another year or two to right the ship.
But he's got it. Maybe you see that as Khan doesn't care. He was sold on the idea that they could make a quick turnaround. If they don't, they're probably gone.

And you guys can move on to the next GM/HC combo to complain about every day lol

We complain, because our team is consistently losing. We've had only 8 winning seasons in the history of the team and only 1 since Khan took ownership. We complain, because we have a reason to. Maybe some of you guys don't care about winning, but some of us do. It isn't emotional and knee jerk to see things that fail over and over and know it isn't working. I see contentment from the front office. They continue to do the same things over and over with the same miserable results. Khan brought in Caldwell and since then, 5 of Caldwell's first round picks are no longer on the team. Of the ones we still have, Bryan has been a "bust", Josh Allen was handed to us like a gift from God and Henderson is a complete unknown as a rookie. Players are begging to leave, holding out and bad mouthing the team until they get their way and we are the laughing stock of the league. How much more does Khan need to see?

(09-03-2020, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote: He's made some changes. Smith out Caldwell in. Bradley out Marrone in. Coughlin in to oversee football Ops. I mean, I know everyone wants a clean sweep change of FO and coach staff, Hell, I did to this off season. But to pretend like the status quo has just been good enough for Khan is not true. He hasn't done what emotional knee jerk fans would do. And that makes emotional knee jerk fans mad. But in 8 years we've had front office shake ups and coach staff changes. We've drafted guys and bought guys in free agency. And in that time we have more playoff wins that some teams that have tried many different GMs and HCs. We aren't good. It hasn't been good, overall. Caldwell probably didn't deserve another year or two to right the ship.

We complain, because our team is consistently losing. We've had only 8 winning seasons in the history of the team and only 1 since Khan took ownership. We complain, because we have a reason to. Maybe some of you guys don't care about winning, but some of us do. It isn't emotional and knee jerk to see things that fail over and over and know it isn't working. I see contentment from the front office. They continue to do the same things over and over with the same miserable results. Khan brought in Caldwell and since then, 5 of Caldwell's first round picks are no longer on the team. Of the ones we still have, Bryan has been a "bust", Josh Allen was handed to us like a gift from God and Henderson is a complete unknown as a rookie. Players are begging to leave, holding out and bad mouthing the team until they get their way and we are the laughing stock of the league. How much more does Khan need to see?

I've been here since day 1. I don't need a run down of all the bad years since 2000. Jag fans were spoiled with how much success they had early on and yet fail to look around the league and see that plenty of franchises fall through some dark times where they don't win much. Some of those franchises have high turnover rates at GM and HC. And still suck... so there is no magic fix for what you wanna complain about. Fact is, many of you want change for the sake of change. And the moment you feel better you'll find something new to complain about. Especially if the change doesn't actually change anything.

We had to get rid of Gus Bradley, cuz we were so bad. We had to get rid of Gene Smith cuz he was so bad. We had to get rid of Bortles cuz he wasn't good enough. We had to hire Coughlin to oversee things.
None of these changes brought much change, except for an unforeseen 2017 which was mostly luck and the pinnacle of a few good young draft picks mixed in with a lot of free agents. And I think Coughlin ultimately did more damage than good as seen by the cap situation and alienating of such stars like Ramsey, Smith, and Yan.
I'm not defending Caldwell in the least though. I've said it over and over, we should have started fresh this off season. But beating that dead horse won't let you enjoy this season or the growth of the new young players on this team at all.

Does coming to the board to complain make you feel better? I don't think it does otherwise eventually you'd stop because you "let it all out". Nah instead I rather think you just like pounding away at the keyboard and looking for validation from other message board posters who are just as angry as you are that you're not a winner. Or because you think you're smarter than one of 32 GMs in the NFL because your NFL draft tool simulator made you think you had it right. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You can ignore all the times you were wrong, highlight the ones you got right, and pretend that it's a mistake you don't have a job with an NFL team.

Don't get me wrong. I've had my fair share of complaints over the years. Why's this guy being cut. Why'd we sign this dude. Why didn't we draft my guy... Why are we paying some dude his previous team didn't wanna pay. Eventually I realized A) I don't know near jack about diddly as I thought and 2) even if I do, it doesn't matter in the long run. They control the choices. We gotta live with them. Jets fans... Bills fans... Browns fans... lots of teams have had to deal with ineptitude at GM, HC, and ownership levels. Sometimes they get a season or two here and there where they are good, or at least can fake it like they're good and pretend to be winners. 

In 20 years we've had 2 good seasons. That sucks. But [BLEEP] about it day in and day out just makes it worse. And if you need some sort of fulfillment from an NFL team constantly. Maybe you should just hop band wagons? Think the Bucs might still have a spot or two open. I mean honestly... if you loathe the owner and the bad Jags as much as you (and by you I mean you and a couple dozen other posters) why force feed yourself the stuff that makes you so angry?

Maybe the change you need is your own. Maybe you just need to move on from the Jaguars that do you so wrong. lol I mean common sense, right?

^^^^Love how this guy has no clue of what it means to be a fan  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Now reports are saying Jags are trying to trade Ronnie Harrison. Actually starting to feel sorry for the Jags fan base.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-03-2020, 02:58 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Now reports are saying Jags are trying to trade Ronnie Harrison.  Actually starting to feel sorry for the Jags fan base.

Oof and for a 5th rounder....yeah I feel sorry for you.  Yikes.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-03-2020, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We complain, because our team is consistently losing. We've had only 8 winning seasons in the history of the team and only 1 since Khan took ownership. We complain, because we have a reason to. Maybe some of you guys don't care about winning, but some of us do. It isn't emotional and knee jerk to see things that fail over and over and know it isn't working. I see contentment from the front office. They continue to do the same things over and over with the same miserable results. Khan brought in Caldwell and since then, 5 of Caldwell's first round picks are no longer on the team. Of the ones we still have, Bryan has been a "bust", Josh Allen was handed to us like a gift from God and Henderson is a complete unknown as a rookie. Players are begging to leave, holding out and bad mouthing the team until they get their way and we are the laughing stock of the league. How much more does Khan need to see?

I've been here since day 1. I don't need a run down of all the bad years since 2000. Jag fans were spoiled with how much success they had early on and yet fail to look around the league and see that plenty of franchises fall through some dark times where they don't win much. Some of those franchises have high turnover rates at GM and HC. And still suck... so there is no magic fix for what you wanna complain about. Fact is, many of you want change for the sake of change. And the moment you feel better you'll find something new to complain about. Especially if the change doesn't actually change anything.

We had to get rid of Gus Bradley, cuz we were so bad. We had to get rid of Gene Smith cuz he was so bad. We had to get rid of Bortles cuz he wasn't good enough. We had to hire Coughlin to oversee things.
None of these changes brought much change, except for an unforeseen 2017 which was mostly luck and the pinnacle of a few good young draft picks mixed in with a lot of free agents. And I think Coughlin ultimately did more damage than good as seen by the cap situation and alienating of such stars like Ramsey, Smith, and Yan.
I'm not defending Caldwell in the least though. I've said it over and over, we should have started fresh this off season. But beating that dead horse won't let you enjoy this season or the growth of the new young players on this team at all.

Does coming to the board to complain make you feel better? I don't think it does otherwise eventually you'd stop because you "let it all out". Nah instead I rather think you just like pounding away at the keyboard and looking for validation from other message board posters who are just as angry as you are that you're not a winner. Or because you think you're smarter than one of 32 GMs in the NFL because your NFL draft tool simulator made you think you had it right. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You can ignore all the times you were wrong, highlight the ones you got right, and pretend that it's a mistake you don't have a job with an NFL team.

Don't get me wrong. I've had my fair share of complaints over the years. Why's this guy being cut. Why'd we sign this dude. Why didn't we draft my guy... Why are we paying some dude his previous team didn't wanna pay. Eventually I realized A) I don't know near jack about diddly as I thought and 2) even if I do, it doesn't matter in the long run. They control the choices. We gotta live with them. Jets fans... Bills fans... Browns fans... lots of teams have had to deal with ineptitude at GM, HC, and ownership levels. Sometimes they get a season or two here and there where they are good, or at least can fake it like they're good and pretend to be winners. 

In 20 years we've had 2 good seasons. That sucks. But [BLEEP] about it day in and day out just makes it worse. And if you need some sort of fulfillment from an NFL team constantly. Maybe you should just hop band wagons? Think the Bucs might still have a spot or two open. I mean honestly... if you loathe the owner and the bad Jags as much as you (and by you I mean you and a couple dozen other posters) why force feed yourself the stuff that makes you so angry?

Maybe the change you need is your own. Maybe you just need to move on from the Jaguars that do you so wrong. lol I mean common sense, right?

How am I supposed to enjoy the season when the same knuckleheads are running things and continuing to make bad decisions and ruining the team's reputation?

Yes, it does. As for if I think I'm smarter than Caldwell, yes I do. In fairness, I believe half the posters on this board could run the team better than Caldwell. At least they would be proactive. Am I always right? Of course not! I've made plenty of mistakes. Just look at my draft boards over the years. I do think I've had more hits than Caldwell though. 

They may control the choices, but we don't have to just accept them. We can voice our displeasure and that's what the board is for. Until we start winning, we will continue to show our displeasure. If you don't wanna read what we have to say... fine, block us. That is your decision. We will continue to voice our displeasure, until this franchise puts out a product that we can be proud of. Unfortunately, I'm loyal. I can't quit rooting for this team, as much as I want to. It's like being in love with a woman who constantly cheats on you and treats you terribly, but you keep taking her back. At this point, I think I have Stockholm Syndrome. 

I think the common sense here would be for you to block all the posters who annoy you so much.