Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 08:26 AM by Jagwired.)

[BLEEP]?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What happened? This is a shocking move on the doorstep of the season opener.

Just received an alert from sleeper fantasy football; can anyone verify? I checked ESPN and profootball, nothing. 

https://sleeper.app/topics/170000000000000000

We are a freaking debacle

Unbelievable.

What the what? I just can't anymore. Love to hear behind closed doors down there. Only thing I can think is he is the last of the malcontents. And why just released surely they could have traded him.

(08-31-2020, 08:26 AM)Newton Wrote: What happened? This is a shocking move on the doorstep of the season opener.
He tweeted something about Yan, maybe a locker room issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2/7 of Caldwells 1st round picks left. Awesome GM.

Right up there with Reggie Williams and Mattloaf as the worst draft decisions ever.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 08:41 AM by homebiscuit.)

Man, what's going on?

The Jaguars are releasing Fournette, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports.

The team tried to trade Fournette during the offseason but wasn't able to work anything out. With the Jaguars rebuilding and the 2017 first-round pick a questionable scheme fit under offensive coordinator Jay Gruden, it shouldn't be too much of a shock to see Fournette headed elsewhere, though it's perhaps surprising the team wasn't able to trade him for at least a late-round pick. The Jags are left with Ryquell Armstead, Chris Thompson, Devine Ozigbo, James Robinson and Nathan Cottrell in the backfield, with Armstead seemingly the favorite to lead the team in carries Week 1 against Indianapolis. There will be a lot of attention focused on the Jacksonville backfield over the next few weeks, as Thompson, Ozigbo and Robinson could also be in the mix for touches. Garafolo expects the team to open the season using a backfield committee.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footba...e-by-jags/

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 08:40 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-31-2020, 08:28 AM)surfon Wrote: What the what?  I just can't anymore.  Love to hear behind closed doors down there.  Only thing I can think is he is the last of the malcontents.  And why just released surely they could have traded him.

NFL Network was just saying they tried to trade him back during the draft but had no takers.

Our Madden 21 rating is now 5.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

So, who is our starting RB now? Not that it will make much of a difference between 3-13 to 4-12

This is MAD! He even seemed like he wanted to be a JAG.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Good.....trouble from the start.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 08:47 AM by homebiscuit.)

(08-31-2020, 08:42 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: This is MAD! He even seemed like he wanted to be a JAG.

Apparently Gruden didn't.

This isn't devastating. Fournette is a single dimension player with little vision or cut. The fact that they couldn't get trade value for him says a lot.

Armstead looked promising last year. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Marrone to speak at Nine o'clock.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We all knew Fournette was gone after this year anyway. If you have a good scheme, you don't need an elite RB, and Fournette wasn't even one of those. I guess we'll see what Gruden does.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 08:56 AM by homebiscuit.)

(08-31-2020, 08:49 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Marrone to speak at Nine o'clock.

"Well, you know, obviously..."

(08-31-2020, 08:54 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Wow. I think this is it for me, there have been a lot of moves I try to defend this organization and team for pulling.... You can't just cut your RB1 like this, why is it always us cutting dudes dirty or doing some shady [BLEEP] to players? He is due 4m, you can't just bench him and use him in short yardage or as a role player? [BLEEP] me, he isn't literally Trent Richardson. What a shame for the rest of this team, FO is clearly mailing it in and Kahn is too stupid or cares none to make this team a winner in Jax. 2017 was our last hurrah. If we are tanking, full on clean house Kahn! Not 1 man left in the FO or coaching staff.

Do you have the vapors? You drama queens and your uninformed outbursts...

Got my initial what the heck reaction out of the way. Still stings seeing this guy cut just before the season. He could have easily just played his last year here in a reduced role or was a good rb2 insurance policy.

(08-31-2020, 08:50 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: We all knew Fournette was gone after this year anyway.  If you have a good scheme, you don't need an elite RB, and Fournette wasn't even one of those.  I guess we'll see what Gruden does.

This is where I am at, right now. Fournette was a big name draft pick but he was never elite. Gruden has other ideas, let's wait for Marrone to tell us what the plan is.