Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2015 MLB Season Thread***

So, uh, how about that whole fiasco between the Brewers and Mets last night?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So, uh, how about that whole fiasco between the Brewers and Mets last night?

I'm living in Wisconsin at the moment and guys on my beer league softball team were pretty disappointed about losing Gomez last night.

Then they didn't lose Gomez.

I can't understand what the Braves are doing. I am not an Atlanta fan but I have some friends that are and lets just say they are not happy.

Trading their top prospect to the Dodgers in a package deal and their biggest return is a 30 year old prospect from Cuba.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2015/7/30/907...ose-peraza

;

;

Quote:I can't understand what the Braves are doing. I am not an Atlanta fan but I have some friends that are and lets just say they are not happy.

Trading their top prospect to the Dodgers in a package deal and their biggest return is a 30 year old prospect from Cuba.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2015/7/30/907...ose-peraza

Ya as a braves fan, WHAT THE FU%* are we doing!!! Apparently we want 2 AAA team! Like the whole "we are trying to get younger" BS yet we trade Heyward who is young and Kimbrel and Upton who are young. I get shelby Miller is good but he hasnt won in his last 10 starts or something crazy like that because we cant score!!! It could be Persinski,freeman,peraza.simmons,uribe,upton,bj(if we couldnt trade him elsewhere),and heyward. Now we just have a bunch of AAAA players and markakis who is making 11 mil a year over 4 years and he is 32 and has 1 HR,1!!!!!! But now lets trade one of our top prosepects for a 30 year old prospect the dodgers over spent on oh and lets throw in one of our young pitchers and our closer for him.

End of vent

Price to the Blue Jays

Quote:Price to the Blue Jays

This one makes a lot more sense to me than Tulo.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Price to the Blue Jays

Not a bad return for a 2 month rental. Was hoping to get Alford from them too, though.

'Stros grab Gomez.  He stays healthy and they're going to be tough(er).

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2015, 11:13 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Looking forward to watch this Norris kid today. He could be a big part of the Tiger's future.

Quote:This one makes a lot more sense to me than Tulo.

Both players came up big today for the Blue Jays.  

Quote:'Stros grab Gomez.  He stays healthy and they're going to be tough(er).

That much more when George Springer comes back.  Providing,  he can regain the form he was displaying prior to the HBP injury that resulted in a broken wrist.  

Injuries are a significant concern or greater with both players.   But when they are relatively healthy,    that's one of the most talented pair of OFs that's been on the same team in a long time.   

Adrian Beltre hit for the cycle for the 3rd time in his career.   This can only help Beltre's chances of eventually making it into the HOF:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/beltres-3r...--mlb.html

I guess Mike Hessman just likes baseball.  That's a long time in the minors.

After Chicago swept San Francisco and Pittsburgh swept Los Angeles,   as of now,  the NL Central have the top 3 records in the National League.    The Cubs are the hottest team in the NL,  winning 9 out of their last 10 games.   It's been a long time this has happened.    Except in the AL Central,  the baseball races at present are terrific.  

Quote:After Chicago swept San Francisco and Pittsburgh swept Los Angeles,   as of now,  the NL Central have the top 3 records in the National League.    The Cubs are the hottest team in the NL,  winning 9 out of their last 10 games.   It's been a long time this has happened.    Except in the AL Central,  the baseball races at present are terrific.  

IF the Pirates are able to host the idiotic 1-game wild card playoff game, the worst scenario they could have is facing Bumgarner in a 1 game elimination game once again.  I like the Giants but need to root against them solely for that purpose.

Quote:IF the Pirates are able to host the idiotic 1-game wild card playoff game, the worst scenario they could have is facing Bumgarner in a 1 game elimination game once again.  I like the Giants but need to root against them solely for that purpose.

x100.

Quote:IF the Pirates are able to host the idiotic 1-game wild card playoff game, the worst scenario they could have is facing Bumgarner in a 1 game elimination game once again.  I like the Giants but need to root against them solely for that purpose.

While I respect the point of view of the 1 game wild card playoff not being a good idea,   my issue with the baseball playoff format is that the next round is only the best 3 out of 5.   This of course includes the division winners.   I think division winners should play in series that are at least the best 4 out of 7.    Too often,  the better team doesn't win a best 3 out of 5 series.  

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2015, 08:31 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:While I respect the point of view of the 1 game wild card playoff not being a good idea, my issue with the baseball playoff format is that the next round is only the best 3 out of 5. This of course includes the division winners. I think division winners should play in series that are at least the best 4 out of 7. Too often, the better team doesn't win a best 3 out of 5 series.

The problem with baseball expanding playoffs, will always be weather. The world series has already been pushed to weeks where there is a risk of it being too cold to see quality play. They're almost in November now, as it is.

Quote:While I respect the point of view of the 1 game wild card playoff not being a good idea,   my issue with the baseball playoff format is that the next round is only the best 3 out of 5.   This of course includes the division winners.   I think division winners should play in series that are at least the best 4 out of 7.    Too often,  the better team doesn't win a best 3 out of 5 series.  

The WC should at lease be a best of 3.  Heck, they could even let the team with the better record host them all to reduce travel.  The rest of the playoffs do need to be 7 games considering there is 162 games over the course of the season.

I used to like the best of 5 series when the yankees were real good.  that used to help teams like the twins and A's since they only had pitching to rely on throughout the series.

Cubs are red hot right now after winning 14 of 15 but it seems they can't gain much ground on Pirates or Cards. At least they're distancing themselves from the Giants in the WC. NL Central is tough. Between the Cards, Pirates and Cubs, they have three of the four best records in all of MLB right now with KC being the other.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>