Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will win Super Bowl 50?
Carolina Panthers
Denver Broncos
[Show Results]

***Official Super Bowl 50 Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 01:13 AM by paulyman29.)

Quote:Average show, average teams, lousy Super Bowl.

Apparently I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed the game. That Denver pass rush was nasty and Carolina's defense played winning football as well.

What did you guys want, a shootout?

Everything else around the game I don't care about so it doesn't matter much who performs the halftime show.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Apparently I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed the game. That Denver pass rush was nasty and Carolina's defense played winning football as well.

I think most people just wanted to see the typical Cam Newton instead of the typical Von Miller.

Quote:Apparently I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed the game. That Denver pass rush was nasty and Carolina's defense played winning football as well.

Everything else around the game I don't care about so it doesn't matter much who performs the halftime show.

I just wanted excellence, not a bunch of guys playing like the game was too big for them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The game part was good, everything else surrounding it was ho hum. I thought for a minute there they were going to keep passing the Lombardi off to every past MVP and parading it around the stadium like the Olympic torch!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I just wanted excellence, not a bunch of guys playing like the game was too big for them.
Was the Bronco pass rush not excellent? Maybe it's just me as a former offensive lineman myself but dang it was fun to see the battles up front all night. I'm also a sucker for defensive struggles so again maybe it's just me.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:The game part was good, everything else surrounding it was ho hum. I thought for a minute there they were going to keep passing the Lombardi off to every past MVP and parading it around the stadium like the Olympic torch!

I thought Terrell Davis should have been the only trophy carrier. If he was, it would not have been a bad idea.

It was a shame Bart Starr could not be there with the rest of the Super Bowl MVPs.

Quote:Was the Bronco pass rush not excellent? Maybe it's just me as a former offensive lineman myself but dang it was fun to see the battles up front all night. I'm also a sucker for defensive struggles so again maybe it's just me.

The Broncos pass rush was indeed excellent.   Yet,  the disappointing aspect of the Super Bowl for me was all of the penalties,    Granted,  the Panthers False Starts were as a result of the Broncos pass rush.    But for a game that's for the NFL Championship,  there were far too many personal foul penalties in particular.   Denver played much more composed in the 2nd half than Carolina.  That was a major reason for the Broncos win.

Quote:I thought Terrell Davis should have been the only trophy carrier. If he was, it would not have been a bad idea.

It was a shame Bart Starr could not be there with the rest of the Super Bowl MVPs.

Chuck Howley wasn't at the game as well.

Quote:All I know is

PUPPY

MONKEY

BABY!
That had to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen on network TV. 

Quote:Chuck Howley wasn't at the game as well.

I never heard of him. Bart Starr's absence was worse because he played in the first two Super Bowls. I assume mobility issues kept him home because he rode a golf cart at Brett Favre's number retirement ceremony.

Quote:I never heard of him. Bart Starr's absence was worse because he played in the first two Super Bowls. I assume mobility issues kept him home because he rode a golf cart at Brett Favre's number retirement ceremony.

Chuck Howley was the MVP in Super Bowl V despite being on the losing team.  

This is the first year Doritos put on a good commercial and Budweiser had a bad one. Who agrees with me?

Quote:Chuck Howley was the MVP in Super Bowl V despite being on the losing team.  

He was the only player on a losing team to be named the Super Bowl MVP. Why didn't they give it to a winning player?

Quote:He was the only player on a losing team to be named the Super Bowl MVP. Why didn't they give it to a winning player?

I don't agree with the decision,  as it's hard to comprehend a player on a losing team being Most Valuable Player in a game.   But from the standpoint of player of the game,  Chuck Howley was deserving.  

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 02:07 AM by realisticjohn.)

Cam Scumbag Newton shows his true colors.

Congrats to the Broncos. :woot:

Quote:Cam Scumbag Newton show his true colors.

Congrats to the Broncos.

Denver's defense showed everyone Cam is stoppable.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 02:09 AM by realisticjohn.)

Pretenders... sCam, Riverboat Ron, Their running game..

X.. posed. :yes:

Lets see how many kids he feeds in next months.

I'll guess.. NONE.

See u kind folks and BBINT next season!

:thanks:

Seattle won because of its defense against the Broncos, Patriots Corner back gets the INT among other defensive moves to beat Seattle in the last years SB, this SB Denver's Broncos defense shuts down the Panthers.

Sure you need both- but Defense wins games, Offense sells tickets.

The team had some improvement in Offense, but struggled with its Defense for 3 years... if the team wants more than 4 wins each year the Jaguars have to improve the Defense (dramatically) this year!

Quote:Id think so too...but the bot has him winning it already! Lol

Bots gonna bot.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I hate Elway!!!

Many many people feel that way about Cam.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.