Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I figured out who Bortles reminds me of.

Quote:The Jaguars Offense is ranked 15th overall in yards, 12th in Passing (when was the last time the Jaguars were ever 12th or higher in Passing)?

I'm going to venture to say NEVER on top 12 passing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm tired of stats to make us feel good, I wanna see more wins than losses.

Quote:They gave up all the underneath throws because it played into their hands. They forced the team to march down the field and use the clock because they were ahead by 3 possessions. Sure they are expecting pass, but the fact that the score came so late in the game with little time remaining for an actual comeback doesn't exactly give credence to the thought that those stats were very meaningful.
This is incorrect as usual. If Jacksonville had scored on the turnover drive, still would have left nearly 2 minutes to try to recover an inside kick.

Quote:I'm tired of stats to make us feel good, I wanna see more wins than losses.

Won't happen until they fix #30 league defense. No teams win with #26-#32 ranked defenses EVER- that's where Gus has always been ranked. 

In 96, Brunell led the league in passing yards and we had the #1 passing attack.

Quote:I'm going to venture to say NEVER on top 12 passing.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:In 96, Brunell led the league in passing yards and we had the #1 passing attack.

It's always good to see a blast from the past in these dark times.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:In 96, Brunell led the league in passing yards and we had the #1 passing attack.

Wow and Brunell ONLY had 19 TDs and 20 INT that year. If Bortles did that, he would be labeled Blaine by these posters......what a difference a competent coaching staff and Tom Coughlin makes!

Quote:This is incorrect as usual. If Jacksonville had scored on the turnover drive, still would have left nearly 2 minutes to try to recover an inside kick.

You're right, if Bortles didn't consistently make poor decisions and choke under pressure, the team may have had a chance at a miracle comeback against one of the worst teams in the league.

Quote:Wow and Brunell ONLY had 19 TDs and 20 INT that year. If Bortles did that, he would be labeled Blaine by these posters......what a difference a competent coaching staff and Tom Coughlin makes!

It was a different era of football, and passing the ball was much harder thing to do at the time. QB statistics are more inflated today then they ever have been in NFL history, which is why I try to remind people to keep stats in context when comparing them across eras.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 04:47 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:You're right, if Bortles didn't consistently make poor decisions and choke under pressure, the team may have had a chance at a miracle comeback against one of the worst teams in the league.

It was a different era of football, and passing the ball was much harder thing to do at the time. QB statistics are more inflated today then they ever have been in NFL history, which is why I try to remind people to keep stats in context when comparing them across eras.

Are you inept? Brunell had an INT rate of 3.5% the year he led the league in passing yards. Bortles is at 2.9% this year. You're not going to get your masters man.

Quote:Are you inept? Brunell had an INT rate of 3.5% the year he led the league in passing yards. Bortles is at 2.9% this year. You're not going to get your masters man.

Do you realize that is consistent with what I said, right?