Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tension boiling over

Cant acces the tweet atm

But im guessing that Lambo got given the boot?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 08:03 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2021, 07:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 07:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Obviously he complained then, too.

But irrespective of how poorly Lambo performed early in the year, that does not justify battery by UM, if this is true.

If UM had a problem with him, he should have cut him....not kicked him.

We fired TC because his actions got the team in trouble with the NFLPA, to the extent that the union advised players NOT to sign here.

UM already got the team fined some $200k for violating the collective bargaining agreement due to physical practices in the off season.  How is KICKING a player going to improve that?

How will that turn out any better for the team?

Will the NFLPA NOT come down on the Jaguars for this?

Will players be any more inclined to sign with the Jaguars now that this has come out? 

How many more embarrassments and PR nightmares can UM heap upon this franchise?

Chris Doyle?

Tim Tebow?

Mid draft commentts regarding Kadarius Toney?

Constant piss poor coaching.  Staying behind in Cincinnati and "spending time with family."

Not knowing what players are getting what playing time?

Now kicking Josh Lambo?!?

When will enough be enough?

Battery is a serious accusation.  Lambo should see this through if that is his interpretation of what happened,  which Meyer says is inaccurate. If there is video, I'm sure we will see it soon.
Yes, battery IS a serious accusation.

What do you think kicking another person is?!?

People often confuse the terminology.

Assault is the creation of a reasonable apprehension of imminent physical harm;  i.e. a threat.

Battery is an offensive and unwantedtouching-i.e. striking another person.

Chapter 784 of the Florida statutes defines battery thusly, in relevant part:

Quote:784.03Battery; felony battery.—
(1)(a)The offense of battery occurs when a person:
1.Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other; or
2.Intentionally causes bodily harm to another person.
(b)Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), a person who commits battery commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2)A person who has one prior conviction for battery, aggravated battery, or felony battery and who commits any second or subsequent battery commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(emphasis added)

Based upon what has been reported, accepting the facts in a light most favorable to Lambo, that account specifically alleges a battery upon Lambo's person.

At this point, I find Lambo more credible than Meyer.

Meyer has lied about several things since being Jaguars' head coach, most recently Cisco's playing time and Robinson's benching.

To my knowledge, Lambo hasn't been caught in any lies since his time as a jaguar.

Furthermore, why would Lambo invent such a story if it weren't true? Lambo was cut by the Chargers, but i do not know of any similar allegations made by him against anyone in the Chargers' brass.

There have been myriad accounts of UM being at least verbally abusive to others, and he has engendered a lot of antipathy among Jaguars players and coaches.

Finally, Lambo is not obligated to press charges if he does not think any prosecution would come of it or it.

UM is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty should criminal charges ever come to pass from this incident. But there is enough circumstantial stuff around UM to coat him in a patina of suspiscion.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-15-2021, 07:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 07:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Does not justify battery upon Lambo's person.

AT.

ALL.

Again,  it's an accusation that was denied. Lambo should press charges and Meyer should have his opportunity to defend himself in a court of law.
Hahaha of course Urban denied it. What’s he supposed to do? Tell the truth? That’s against everything Urban stands for.

(12-15-2021, 08:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 07:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Again,  it's an accusation that was denied. Lambo should press charges and Meyer should have his opportunity to defend himself in a court of law.
Hahaha of course Urban denied it. What’s he supposed to do? Tell the truth? That’s against everything Urban stands for.
"Yep. I kicked him. Right after I finger blasted that blonde and told everybody they were losers. I pointed my fingers at them like this. and then I said "pew,pew,pew,pew you show me the hardware losers because I got a few and I had a few. Yall wanna square up now or h'what".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 08:16 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

Shad Khan, for the love of god, do something! Every day this team looks more and more like football Hell to the rest of the league. At this point, I don't even think we'll get bad free agents to come here, much less mediocre or good ones. Players probably won't even take calls from this team. On top of being a perennial loser, now players have to worry about being physically assaulted by the head coach.

Dilla sounds like something about to go down

(12-15-2021, 08:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Shad Khan, for the love of god, do something! Every day this team looks more and more like football Hell to the rest of the league. At this point, I don't even think we'll get bad free agents to come here, much less mediocre or good ones. Players probably won't even take calls from this team. On top of being a perennial loser, now players have to worry about being physically assaulted by the head coach.
All that good Trevor juju heading out the door quickly.

Jim Caldwell. Byron. McDaniels. That’s where we should be headed.

Without video or witnesses speaking up, I can't believe the "kicked" part. He was stretching so maybe a foot was used to widen a stance or push him further into a stretch because he wasn't putting the effort in. There are different amounts of force that could be called kicking and Lambo may be looking to pile on since the Jags cut him.

Hopefully there is video showing it and it can be used to fire him asap.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

He said 5 out of 10 on effort to kick him. That is not stretching assistance. Of course I am biased against Urbz because there is so much not to like.

(12-15-2021, 08:21 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Without video or witnesses speaking up, I can't believe the "kicked" part. He was stretching so maybe a foot was used to widen a stance or push him further into a stretch because he wasn't putting the effort in. There are different amounts of force that could be called kicking and Lambo may be looking to pile on since the Jags cut him.

Exactly. I'm not buying it. Lambo even ranked it on a 10 point scale, lol.

The ability to support the #1 legal principal that makes America great while still conceding that Urban Meyer is horrible is lost on a lot of people.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 08:28 PM by Cleatwood.)

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/stat...50306?s=21

Night night.

(12-15-2021, 08:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:21 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Without video or witnesses speaking up, I can't believe the "kicked" part. He was stretching so maybe a foot was used to widen a stance or push him further into a stretch because he wasn't putting the effort in. There are different amounts of force that could be called kicking and Lambo may be looking to pile on since the Jags cut him.

The ability to support the #1 legal principal that makes America great while still conceding that Urban Meyer is horrible is lost on a lot of people.
What does Lambo have to gain from “lying” about this?

(12-15-2021, 08:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

The fact that "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to criminal prosecution in a court of law, and not speaking out about a toxic coaching culture, seems lost on you.

(12-15-2021, 08:30 PM)Steelecrow Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Exactly. I'm not buying it. Lambo even ranked it on a 10 point scale, lol.

The fact that "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to criminal prosecution in a court of law, and not speaking out about a toxic coaching culture, seems lost on you.

Pardon the principal in me, but I'm not cool convicting someone of battery in the public court of opinion with zero evidence because I think he is a horrible coach. If there is evidence, let's see it. Some talking head in Tampa writing a story isn't evidence.

(12-15-2021, 08:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/stat...50306?s=21

Night night.

(12-15-2021, 08:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Exactly. I'm not buying it. Lambo even ranked it on a 10 point scale, lol.

Gets Meyer fired for touching him with his shoe?

(12-15-2021, 08:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:30 PM)Steelecrow Wrote: The fact that "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to criminal prosecution in a court of law, and not speaking out about a toxic coaching culture, seems lost on you.

Pardon the principal in me, but I'm not cool convicting someone of battery in the public court of opinion with zero evidence because I think he is a horrible coach. If there is evidence, let's see it. Some talking head in Tampa writing a story isn't evidence.

Cool. So you believe Meyer. Not everyone does.

He's earned that at this point.

(12-15-2021, 08:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/stat...50306?s=21

Night night.

Gets Meyer fired for touching him with his shoe?

And that helps Lambo how?

He has absolutely nothing to gain from Urban getting fired. Someone interviewed him and he told them what happened.

(12-15-2021, 08:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:30 PM)Steelecrow Wrote: The fact that "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to criminal prosecution in a court of law, and not speaking out about a toxic coaching culture, seems lost on you.

I believe Lambo. Why would he lie?
No Fun

(12-15-2021, 08:35 PM)Steelecrow Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Pardon the principal in me, but I'm not cool convicting someone of battery in the public court of opinion with zero evidence because I think he is a horrible coach. If there is evidence, let's see it. Some talking head in Tampa writing a story isn't evidence.

Cool. So you believe Meyer. Not everyone does.

He's earned that at this point.

I believe in due process.

Khan found his reason to fire him without buying out his contract
Here we go again

Please don't be playing with us Dilla..

Also this kicking incident could be what Khan needs to fire him for "Cause" shouldn't it?
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1471272011200704518