Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tension boiling over

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 12:12 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Remember that thread where a small minority of us were chastized for believing the Meyer treats his players like children line? Bet that's not much of a minority opinion anymore.

If all of this is true, it will make or break Meyer by the end of this season. He can either adapt or sink with his ship.

Honestly, this is more of a test of Shad's character than Urban's at this point. Urban has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he needs to be fired the second the season ends (if not earlier). There really is no more weighing or debating that needs to be done with him.

(12-11-2021, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Honestly, this is more of a test of Shad's character than Urban's at this point. Urban has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he needs to be fired the second the season ends (if not earlier). There really is no more weighing or debating that needs to be done with him.

Say it louder for the ones in the back!

(12-11-2021, 12:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If all of this is true, it will make or break Meyer by the end of this season. He can either adapt or sink with his ship.
Dude. You really believe he has the ability to adapt?

It’s over and he’s cooked. Shad can’t keep him here.

Sometimes Meyer escalates shituations if he feels like he needs to make an exit, without making it seem like he just flat out quit or he couldn't hack it

(12-11-2021, 12:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Remember that thread where a small minority of us were chastized for believing the Meyer treats his players like children line? Bet that's not much of a minority opinion anymore.

I do not recall the thread.  Could you provide a link?  If I need to eat crow, I will do so.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-11-2021, 12:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 12:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Remember that thread where a small minority of us were chastized for believing the Meyer treats his players like children line? Bet that's not much of a minority opinion anymore.

I do not recall the thread.  Could you provide a link?  If I need to eat crow, I will do so.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...ght=adults

(12-11-2021, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 12:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I do not recall the thread.  Could you provide a link?  If I need to eat crow, I will do so.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...ght=adults
Yikes….. That is full of bad takes.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...65/photo/1

Wow lol.

Good job Khan, no question you got the right people now  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-11-2021, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...ght=adults
Yikes….. That is full of bad takes.

Just a bunch of people willfully turning a blind eye to what was already blatantly obvious because fandom is a hell of a drug.

(12-11-2021, 12:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 12:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If all of this is true, it will make or break Meyer by the end of this season. He can either adapt or sink with his ship.
Dude. You really believe he has the ability to adapt?

No one knows for sure, but if he can, this is a klaxon-horned clue that he must. If not, he’s toast.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 01:31 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-11-2021, 01:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 12:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. You really believe he has the ability to adapt?

No one knows for sure, but if he can, this is a klaxon-horned clue that he must. If not, he’s toast.
Come on now. If he hasn’t adapted at this point, he’s not changing his ways. Coaches are stubborn so I can almost guarantee you he’s not changing.

He will be gone so that’s good news for the Jags.

He then apparently had all the coaches stand up in front of their staff and list their accomplishments. Just so he can prove he’s a better coach? What a tiny D man.

(12-11-2021, 01:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 01:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No one knows for sure, but if he can, this is a klaxon-horned clue that he must. If not, he’s toast.
Come on now. If he hasn’t adapted at this point, he’s not changing his ways. Coaches are stubborn so I can almost guarantee you he’s not changing.

He will be gone so that’s good news for the Jags.

To be fair, he's not faced this kind of pushback before. We'll see.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 01:46 PM by SamusAranX.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...es-losers/

PFT in on it too

Apparently per that report it was Meyer who benches Robinson and he all but lied.

Khan needs to get him out of here not just for the sake of winning but for this franchise and fan base

I have no doubts that any of these recent reports are true, but if word spreads among the coaching ranks around the league, no assistants will want to come here next season to join this staff.

Shad Con has shown tremendous patience with two horrible coaches in Bradley and Marrone. Will he have what it takes to admit his mistake with his prized toy Meyer and make a change within the next month or so?

(12-11-2021, 02:01 PM)prime winner Wrote: I have no doubts that any of these recent reports are true, but if word spreads among the coaching ranks around the league, no assistants will want to come here next season to join this staff.

Shad Con has shown tremendous patience with two horrible coaches in Bradley and Marrone. Will he have what it takes to admit his mistake with his prized toy Meyer and make a change within the next  month or so?

I can answer that question.
No he wont. He will wait until it is really close to the draft and fire Urbs. Then, the new coach and staff will have to scramble to get prepared and another draft class wasted.

(12-11-2021, 02:01 PM)prime winner Wrote: I have no doubts that any of these recent reports are true, but if word spreads among the coaching ranks around the league, no assistants will want to come here next season to join this staff.

No free agent with other options will come here either. And with the cap skyrocketing after the covid plateau there is giong to be so much money in the market that virtually every player of note will have options.

Hahahah I had the last post in that thread and jeez Trevor ain't lifting up the leaky boats. What a sham perpetrated by Meyer on a franchise that is already crap.

Khan doesn't seem to like conventional choices but dang what a mess.