Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls for Protest as his arrest is rumored Tuesday

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2023, 08:40 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-07-2023, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 09:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: So why do you act like you know about the effects of puberty blockers on teens, if you're not a teen and not blocking puberty?
I understand you are on medication due to hormone imbalances, and you're having difficulties with it.  If the government arbitrarily banned those treatments, would that make those problems better or worse?

This is where Mikesez truly revels in his absurdity.

He's trying to show that you can talk about a subject, even if you're not directly affected by it, but it's Mikey... so he does it in the most drawn out and absurd way possible.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-07-2023, 08:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This is where Mikesez truly revels in his absurdity.

He's trying to show that you can talk about a subject, even if  you're not directly affected by it, but it's Mikey... so he does it in the most drawn out and absurd way possible.

He does it so the conversation is about him. Just like now. When are you guys going to realize this?

(04-07-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 08:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: He's trying to show that you can talk about a subject, even if  you're not directly affected by it, but it's Mikey... so he does it in the most drawn out and absurd way possible.

He does it so the conversation is about him. Just like now. When are you guys going to realize this?

I have yet to say anything about myself.
You guys are wrong about this, your frontal lobes know you're wrong, and your midbrains can't accept it, so you grasp.
Can't attack the logic, so you attack the person, and the style the logic is presented in.  Predictable.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2023, 09:12 AM by Lucky2Last.)

I am attacking your style. You think you have these "profound" posts, but people know you're just obnoxious. Look, dude, you've had no less than 10 people on this board attack you for the way you maneuver in debates. Instead of changing your style and trying to be upfront and honest, you tell yourself that we just can't handle your DEPTH!. You wish, lol. How about you be the change you want to be. Stop telling everyone you're packing 8 inches in your posts and just have a little self-awareness and integrity.... in that order.

Incoming Mikesez post: ACKCHYUALLY, I didn't want to say anything... but now that you mention it...

(04-07-2023, 09:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I am attacking your style. You think you have these "profound" posts, but people know you're just obnoxious. Look, dude, you've had no less than 10 people on this board attack you for the way you maneuver in debates. Instead of changing your style and trying to be upfront and honest, you tell yourself that we just can't handle your DEPTH!. You wish, lol. How about you be the change you want to be. Stop telling everyone you're packing 8 inches in your posts and just have a little self-awareness and integrity.... in that order.

Incoming Mikesez post: ACKCHYUALLY, I didn't want to say anything... but now that you mention it...

Your honesty is appreciated.  I understand your frustration.  Being wrong about something is frustrating.

Don't mistake my eagerness to point out your flaws as frustration.

(04-07-2023, 09:21 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Don't mistake my eagerness to point out your flaws as frustration.

Obsession, then.
What's this thread supposed to be about again?
Because you're certainly not eager to discuss my point, you conceded it in fact.

Obsession? More like target practice.

As for the rest of your point, sure.... one can have a wise or thoughtful insight without having gone through a particular experience, I happily agree to that. I've never argued otherwise. Keep in mind you created that tangent by trying to be Socratic (and failing), instead of just STATING IT like a normal human being. You didn't WOW anyone with that revelation. Furthermore, I don't know that anyone here was even saying that, since Americus specifically said she thought you were speaking BS about the topic... ie, you're wrong. She never said you couldn't have an opinion or insight.

Your position that we should put kids on puberty blockers until they can decide their gender is harmful, moronic, and unnecessary. However, you're still too intellectually lazy to update yourself on the puberty blocker research. It's faux intellectualism at its finest. Your opinion the main subject is poorly thought out and rooted in self-indulgence. There. Now we're back on topic.

(04-07-2023, 10:52 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Obsession? More like target practice.

As for the rest of your point, sure.... one can have a wise or thoughtful insight without having gone through a particular experience, I happily agree to that. I've never argued otherwise. Keep in mind you created that tangent by trying to be Socratic (and failing), instead of just STATING IT like a normal human being. You didn't WOW anyone with that revelation. Furthermore, I don't know that anyone here was even saying that, since Americus specifically said she thought you were speaking BS about the topic... ie, you're wrong. She never said you couldn't have an opinion or insight.

Your position that we should put kids on puberty blockers until they can decide their gender is harmful, moronic, and unnecessary. However,  you're still too intellectually lazy to update yourself on the puberty blocker research. It's faux intellectualism at its finest. Your opinion the main subject is poorly thought out and rooted in self-indulgence. There. Now we're back on topic.

I could very well be wrong about puberty blockers.
There is nothing for me to update myself on because there has not been a study with an experimental group and control group regarding puberty blockers and puberty blockers alone.
But Americus said I was wrong because my statements conflicted with her experience of hormone therapy, and she was wrong for that, as you acknowledge. 
As for the Socratic method, yes that is what I sometimes use, but, Socrates wasn't trying to wow anyone. The memorable quote of his is, "I only know that I know nothing." If you find me using it, I'm trying to prove you (or another person) wrong.  I'm not trying to prove myself right.  The method is not for that.  If that makes you want to force me to drink poison, that's on you.

Again, not going to waste my time posting it again, but extensive studies in various places in Europe found puberty blockers impact bone density and also inhibit decision making. IE, puberty blockers not only physical maturity, but mental maturity, effectively negating the benefit of having kids wait.

The sooner you move out of "looney tunes lefty world" that has encouraged an entire money making scheme built on stupid, deconstructive theories, and start just looking at how people are harmed by their [BLEEP], the sooner you can return to the real world and start actually contributing to a health society. You know what did work? 6 months of therapy. This can be enhanced by 6 months of puberty blockers to slow development, but ultimately, the best solution is helping people cope with their delusions. The Netherlands, Sweden, and Finland have figured this out and put a stop to the clownshow. Why? Because they use actual data.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2023, 10:36 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-07-2023, 08:56 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Again, not going to waste my time posting it again, but extensive studies in various places in Europe found puberty blockers impact bone density and also inhibit decision making. IE, puberty blockers not only physical maturity, but mental maturity, effectively negating the benefit of having kids wait.

The sooner you move out of "looney tunes lefty world" that has encouraged an entire money making scheme built on stupid, deconstructive theories, and start just looking at how people are harmed by their [BLEEP], the sooner you can return to the real world and start actually contributing to a health society. You know what did work? 6 months of therapy. This can be enhanced by 6 months of puberty blockers to slow development, but ultimately, the best solution is helping people cope with their delusions. The Netherlands, Sweden, and Finland have figured this out and put a stop to the clownshow. Why? Because they use actual data.

The rest of the board just called you a groomer.

It's not 6 months to see if they want to transition. It's 6 months on puberty blockers, plus 6 months of therapy designed to help them cope with their real identity. That's been shown to help with gender dysphoria more than any other treatment, at least according to those studies. Who knew? Counseling and facing reality is good for a person...

(04-08-2023, 01:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not 6 months to see if they want to transition. It's 6 months on puberty blockers, plus 6 months of therapy designed to help them cope with their real identity. That's been shown to help with gender dysphoria more than any other treatment, at least according to those studies. Who knew? Counseling and facing reality is good for a person...

All of that might be the right thing to do.
Except puberty blockers are now banned in FL and many other states.
Maybe those states went too far?

Your position that we should put kids on puberty blockers until they can decide their gender is harmful, moronic, and unnecessary. However,  you're still too intellectually lazy to update yourself on the puberty blocker research. It's faux intellectualism at its finest. Your opinion the main subject is poorly thought out and rooted in self-indulgence. There. Now we're back on topic.

Holly [BLEEP]. I knew that train was about to derail.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 10:39 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-08-2023, 10:18 AM)NH3 Wrote:

Holly [BLEEP]. I knew that train was about to derail.

NH3...

Yeah, well, good thing that's not actually my position. 
I would never say that every single kid should get a new medical treatment.  
It's a very specific, very small number of kids, who should be allowed to get this treatment if they want it, if their parents agree, and under the supervision of both a psychiatrist and an endocrinologist. Probably not that different from your position or L2L's position.

(04-08-2023, 08:42 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 01:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not 6 months to see if they want to transition. It's 6 months on puberty blockers, plus 6 months of therapy designed to help them cope with their real identity. That's been shown to help with gender dysphoria more than any other treatment, at least according to those studies. Who knew? Counseling and facing reality is good for a person...

All of that might be the right thing to do.

I almost ALWAYS think the pendulum swings too far. I feel like human societies are incapable of slight corrections. The issue FL is having with school books is a good example.

(04-08-2023, 10:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 10:18 AM)NH3 Wrote: Holly [BLEEP]. I knew that train was about to derail.

NH3...

Yeah, well, good thing that's not actually my position. 
It's a very specific, very small number of kids, who should be allowed to get this treatment if they want it, if their parents agree, and under the supervision of both a psychiatrist and an endocrinologist.  Probably not that different from your position or L2L's position.

Since when does An Child gets to be allowed to determine the agenda to which they were born? An Baby Boy is just that and An Baby Girl is the same. They don't have suggestive Rights until they're Grown. Are you an Transvestite or converted from a Female to A Male? No disrespect intended BUT leave the Children Out of It.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 01:52 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-08-2023, 11:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 08:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: All of that might be the right thing to do.

I almost ALWAYS think the pendulum swings too far. I feel like human societies are incapable of slight corrections. The issue FL is having with school books is a good example.

Yeah all societies tend to overshoot, no different from most mechanical systems.
Unfortunately, sometimes, the people in charge decide things have gone too far, and start to try to roll things back, when in reality things have yet to go far enough.  Reconstruction is the big example there.

(04-08-2023, 01:20 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 10:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah, well, good thing that's not actually my position. 
It's a very specific, very small number of kids, who should be allowed to get this treatment if they want it, if their parents agree, and under the supervision of both a psychiatrist and an endocrinologist.  Probably not that different from your position or L2L's position.

Since when does An Child gets to be allowed to determine the agenda to which they were born? An Baby Boy is just that and An Baby Girl is the same. They don't have suggestive Rights until they're Grown. Are you an Transvestite or converted from a Female to A Male? No disrespect intended BUT leave the Children Out of It.

NH3...

I don't really disagree.  To me it's about the rights of the parents.  If parents have a kid who expresses these feelings, they should have options about how they want to deal with that.  On the other hand, I'm convinced that there's a small number of parents being overly suggestive, even to the point of imposing a transgender identity on their child.  Society needs to get parents and psychiatrists involved, with a healthy mix of empathy and skepticism, and figure this stuff out.

News flash: there are a lot of attention whore parents out there. More breaking news: There are a lot of dumb parents out there. In other news, there are a lot of dangerous parents out there. In our closing segment, we take a look at the government's responsibility to protect the children from bad parents. If your government isn't protecting the kids, but enabling the bad parents, maybe we need to change the people running the government, eh?

(04-08-2023, 07:13 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: News flash: there are a lot of attention whore parents out there. More breaking news: There are a lot of dumb parents out there. In other news, there are a lot of dangerous parents out there. In our closing segment, we take a look at the government's responsibility to protect the children from bad parents. If your government isn't protecting the kids, but enabling the bad parents, maybe we need to change the people running the government, eh?
It's more than government, once again it's media, celebrities, influencers, and the radical fascist arm of dems in the streets.

It's all about making it acceptable and then comes the kids can make their own decisions on sex.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk