Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls for Protest as his arrest is rumored Tuesday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...esday.html

All this is going to do is push the trump supporters further into his corner. I think it's incredibly irresponsible for trump to call for protest again. Even if you believe trump is innocent nothing good is going to come from calling for protest. 

Personally I think he's probably guilty of tax crimes and campaign finance violations however an arrest is purely political. I see no winner in this situation.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2023, 01:36 PM)EricC85 Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...esday.html

All this is going to do is push the trump supporters further into his corner. I think it's incredibly irresponsible for trump to call for protest again. Even if you believe trump is innocent nothing good is going to come from calling for protest. 

Personally I think he's probably guilty of tax crimes and campaign finance violations however an arrest is purely political. I see no winner in this situation.

It’s setting a dangerous precedent because you know there will be retribution.

(03-18-2023, 01:36 PM)EricC85 Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...esday.html

If he is guilty, it is necessary to arrest and prosecute him regardless of politics.
If and only if he is not guilty would it be political.
If the law Trump allegedly violated is stupid or unconstitutional, let his lawyers argue that in court.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 01:59 PM by EricC85.)

(03-18-2023, 01:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:

If he is guilty, it is necessary to arrest and prosecute him regardless of politics.
If and only if he is not guilty would it be political.
If the law Trump allegedly violated is stupid or unconstitutional, let his lawyers argue that in court.

I say it is political because Clinton was never arrested and prosecuted on criminal charges for essential the same crime.

(03-18-2023, 01:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

It’s setting a dangerous precedent because you know there will be retribution.

I don't see how that crowd remains peaceful if he calls for protest. At the very least you'll have trouble makers showing up to start something.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Good.. A sham arrest would be the cause.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I don't think Clinton's actions, and whether he should have been arrested or not, is relevant to the discussion. I know Clinton perjured himself when he testified about Monica, and he should have been criminally charged for that, but the indictment against Trump isn't out yet, perhaps they are going to accuse him of something more serious.

(03-18-2023, 02:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't think Clinton's actions, and whether he should have been arrested or not, is relevant to the discussion.  I know Clinton perjured himself when he testified about Monica, and he should have been criminally charged for that, but the indictment against Trump isn't out yet, perhaps they are going to accuse him of something more serious.

He allegey paid 850k in hush money, what they are trying (again) to prosecute Trump for doing. Except that Stormy says it didn't happen while Paula Jones never recanted. It's just another fraud by the Demoncrats in the Establishment but this one will have severe consequences.  

If they cared about the law they would send him a notice to appear, the theatrics are the obvious distraction from their lack of an actual case.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I actually have to fly up to NY next week to defend myself and our company against their state government's shenanigans.
If it was any other state I would withhold judgement, but in NY, it is literally impossible to comply with every letter of the law while doing business. Everything you do requires a special dispensation or variance, and you need friends in high places to get them expeditiously.
We are a sub and our client's client was supposed to make friends with the county commission to get their things approved, and they deliberately antagonized them instead. They let their first contractor deviate from approved plans, didn't get their inspections done, then fired that contractor before the contractor could try to fix their government relations. So of course that furst contractor is badmouthing the owner to the government also. Now the government are applying the letter of the law to us, but the letter of the law contradicts itself and requires acquisition of products that do not exist. They are also directing us to do things above and beyond their law. I've never seen any government like this in all my years of building stuff.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 03:16 PM by WingerDinger.)

https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/stat...4ozeg&s=19

https://twitter.com/alx/status/163714252...0Za_g&s=19

(03-18-2023, 02:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: I actually have to fly up to NY next week to defend myself and our company against their state government's shenanigans.
If it was any other state I would withhold judgement, but in NY, it is literally impossible to comply with every letter of the law while doing business.  Everything you do requires a special dispensation or variance, and you need friends in high places to get them expeditiously.
We are a sub and our client's client was supposed to make friends with the county commission to get their things approved, and they deliberately antagonized them instead.  They let their first contractor deviate from approved plans, didn't get their inspections done, then fired that contractor before the contractor could try to fix their government relations.  So of course that furst contractor is badmouthing the owner to the government also.  Now the government are applying the letter of the law to us, but the letter of the law contradicts itself and requires acquisition of products that do not exist. They are also directing us to do things above and beyond their law.  I've never seen any government like this in all my years of building stuff.

NY and CA are terrible states to operate in. The amount of bs required and stupid filings and notices is beyond ridiculous.  Both terrible bureaucracies.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 03:33 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

So from what I can gather, the charge will be that he paid off Stormy Daniels, and then recorded the payment as legal expenses.  So, perhaps tax evasion?  It doesn't seem to be enough to warrant handcuffing and perp-walking the guy.  It seems like it ought to be one of those IRS letters we all know and love.  "We have some questions about your tax return..."

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but there's no reason to go overboard on this stuff.

(03-18-2023, 03:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So from what I can gather, the charge will be that he paid off Stormy Daniels, and then recorded the payment as legal expenses.  So, perhaps tax evasion?  It doesn't seem to be enough to warrant handcuffing and perp-walking the guy.  It seems like it ought to be one of those IRS letters we all know and love.  "We have some questions about your tax return..."

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but there's no reason to go overboard on this stuff.

Except, according to Daniels,, he neither screwed her nor paid her off. And she owes him 300k for the false and recanted allegation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 06:45 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 7 times in total.)

(03-18-2023, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 03:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So from what I can gather, the charge will be that he paid off Stormy Daniels, and then recorded the payment as legal expenses.  So, perhaps tax evasion?  It doesn't seem to be enough to warrant handcuffing and perp-walking the guy.  It seems like it ought to be one of those IRS letters we all know and love.  "We have some questions about your tax return..."

Except, according to Daniels,, he neither screwed her nor paid her off. And she owes him 300k for the false and recanted allegation.

I've edited this post at least 3 times.  Here's what I know.  Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000.  Trump reimbursed Cohen for the expense.   Now, if Trump did not have an affair with her, and did not pay her off, why did he pay Cohen back for paying her off?   And if Trump did not have any affair with her, why are there pictures of him with her?  

And the $300,000 is not for any false allegation.  She sued him for defamation and lost, and therefore, she owes his legal fees.

Personally, this whole matter seems like massive overreach by the prosecutor.   But I don't have any doubt that Trump is lying again like he always does.

https://twitter.com/leslibless/status/16...vep0A&s=19

I remember this very well.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 07:41 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-18-2023, 03:18 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 02:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: I actually have to fly up to NY next week to defend myself and our company against their state government's shenanigans.
If it was any other state I would withhold judgement, but in NY, it is literally impossible to comply with every letter of the law while doing business.  Everything you do requires a special dispensation or variance, and you need friends in high places to get them expeditiously.
We are a sub and our client's client was supposed to make friends with the county commission to get their things approved, and they deliberately antagonized them instead.  They let their first contractor deviate from approved plans, didn't get their inspections done, then fired that contractor before the contractor could try to fix their government relations.  So of course that furst contractor is badmouthing the owner to the government also.  Now the government are applying the letter of the law to us, but the letter of the law contradicts itself and requires acquisition of products that do not exist. They are also directing us to do things above and beyond their law.  I've never seen any government like this in all my years of building stuff.

NY and CA are terrible states to operate in. The amount of bs required and stupid filings and notices is beyond ridiculous.  Both terrible bureaucracies.

Yeah they are both blue states now but a lot of the highly problematic crap they have was laid out by Republican governors and assemblies.  It's tempting to say "this is what happens when elections aren't competitive" or "this is what happens when democrats win" but something else went on.  I've also had bad experiences in OK, but not nearly as bad as NY.  Nowhere is as bad as NY.  CA has very unique laws but you can follow them, they make sense.  NY, their law is all twisted in knots.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 07:46 PM by homebiscuit.)

(03-18-2023, 06:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Except, according to Daniels,, he neither screwed her nor paid her off. And she owes him 300k for the false and recanted allegation.

I've edited this post at least 3 times.  Here's what I know.  Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000.  Trump reimbursed Cohen for the expense.   Now, if Trump did not have an affair with her, and did not pay her off, why did he pay Cohen back for paying her off?   And if Trump did not have any affair with her, why are there pictures of him with her?  

And the $300,000 is not for any false allegation.  She sued him for defamation and lost, and therefore, she owes his legal fees.

Personally, this whole matter seems like massive overreach by the prosecutor.   But I don't have any doubt that Trump is lying again like he always does.

Just think, these are people who are sworn to uphold the law with equal justice. Imagine what the rest of the DC establishment has done to undermine him or anyone else that doesn't conform to their ideology. I know you don't care because you hate Trump. That shouldn't matter. If they'll do it to him, who else are their machinations subverting? The persecution of Trump has unmasked the rot that is at the center of our institutions.

(03-18-2023, 07:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 03:18 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: NY and CA are terrible states to operate in. The amount of bs required and stupid filings and notices is beyond ridiculous.  Both terrible bureaucracies.

Yeah they are both blue states now but a lot of the highly problematic crap they have was laid out by Republican governors and assemblies.  It's tempting to say "this is what happens when elections aren't competitive" or "this is what happens when democrats win" but something else went on.  I've also had bad experiences in OK, but not nearly as bad as NY.  Nowhere is as bad as NY.  CA has very unique laws but you can follow them, they make sense.  NY, their law is all twisted in knots.

It's called corruption.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 08:15 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-18-2023, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 07:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah they are both blue states now but a lot of the highly problematic crap they have was laid out by Republican governors and assemblies.  It's tempting to say "this is what happens when elections aren't competitive" or "this is what happens when democrats win" but something else went on.  I've also had bad experiences in OK, but not nearly as bad as NY.  Nowhere is as bad as NY.  CA has very unique laws but you can follow them, they make sense.  NY, their law is all twisted in knots.

It's called corruption.

Yeah but it has no easy obvious solution unfortunately.
This is going to take more than "vote for the other party" or "open the primaries"