Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will win Super Bowl 50?
Carolina Panthers
Denver Broncos
[Show Results]

***Official Super Bowl 50 Game Day Thread***

Quote:No, he said Von Miller is buying.

lol, imagine if his name was Von Budweiser.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think most people just wanted to see the typical Cam Newton instead of the typical Von Miller.

Not me.   I was rooting for Denver.  

Quote:Seattle won because of its defense against the Broncos, Patriots Corner back gets the INT among other defensive moves to beat Seattle in the last years SB, this SB Denver's Broncos defense shuts down the Panthers.

Sure you need both- but Defense wins games, Offense sells tickets.

The team had some improvement in Offense, but struggled with its Defense for 3 years... if the team wants more than 4 wins each year the Jaguars have to improve the Defense (dramatically) this year!

In a copycat league, there is now going to be an arms race for pass rushers.   Teams had better invest in their offensive tackles as well. 

Quote:In a copycat league, there is now going to be an arms race for pass rushers.   Teams had better invest in their offensive tackles as well. 

That's the issue, there aren't any great LTs playing the game today, and now teams are starting to exploit it. The Panthers started Michael Oher for crying out loud.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Defense wins championships.

Quote:Defense wins championships.

I agree, but only to a point.  Pass rush wins championships.  The rest are fill ins.  Nothing else on Denver's defense was stellar except for Ware and Miller.  In fact, their "best" cornerback tried to almost hand the game away.

Lol@even more people for voting after the game for who they think was going to win the game.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

[Image: CatUnIeXEAA4Nll.jpg]

Quote:Lol@even more people for voting after the game for who they think was going to win the game.

I am one of the guilty ones, but I posted in another thread before the game Denver would win.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:In a copycat league, there is now going to be an arms race for pass rushers. Teams had better invest in their offensive tackles as well.

Isn't that what we have already?

Quote:Lol@even more people for voting after the game for who they think was going to win the game.

I just voted Carolina..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I just voted Carolina..

I didn't say lol@ all the people voting for Denver after the game! Tongue

Quote:I didn't say lol@ all the people voting for Denver after the game! Tongue

I just deleted my Carolina vote just so I could vote for Carolina again after the fact.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 02:22 PM by MikePete54.)

I predicted  a win by Denver and Von Miller has MVP with 3 sacks... Smile

I also predicted last september a 10-6 season by the Jags :confused:

Quote:I just deleted my Carolina vote just so I could vote for Carolina again after the fact.

Does this mean you were wrong twice? :teehee:

Quote:Does this mean you were wrong twice? :teehee:

First time for everything.

I was tempted, but I've managed to abstain... so far.

This is why I think game day polls should have closing times. I wish there was a way to prevent people from voting in the fourth quarter.

Quote:This is why I think game day polls should have closing times. I wish there was a way to prevent people from voting in the fourth quarter.

Why?

Quote:Why?

I wouldn't be able to lol at them if that happened!!