Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: 2019 starter? (merged)

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 04:17 AM by Eric1.)

(02-11-2019, 03:51 AM)Upper Wrote: Blake is so bad they named a pollution scale after him. Let it go.

https://twitter.com/wonderofscience/stat...2746726400

"The Bortle scale is a nine-level numeric scale that measures the night sky's brightness of a particular location. It quantifies the astronomical observability of celestial objects and the interference caused by light pollution."

If Blake is bad, why are they creating astronomical stuff after him? Sounds legendary imo.. Pretty much makes him a top QB in the league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2019, 04:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: If Blake is bad, why are they creating astronomical stuff after him? Sounds legendary imo.. Pretty much makes him a top QB in the league.

Legendary, sure. Legendary often encapsulates bad things too, however.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 05:01 AM by Eric1.)

(02-11-2019, 04:32 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 04:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: If Blake is bad, why are they creating astronomical stuff after him? Sounds legendary imo.. Pretty much makes him a top QB in the league.

Legendary, sure. Legendary often encapsulates bad things too, however.

Well I'd say Bortles is doing pretty good when astronomical and legendary status' are being encapsulated.. What other NFL QB can say the same??...

The idea of trading picks and paying a high salary for a bridge quarterback who realistically won't be any better than Blake seems crazy to me. Either trade for a long-term starting QB, cut Blake, and draft a mid-round QB or keep Blake, and draft one in the first round (and may the best QB start - we already know Blake's got the character to sit behind a rookie starter while still giving what he can to the team, which many of the available QBs out there might not).

(02-11-2019, 04:51 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 04:32 AM)Upper Wrote: Legendary, sure. Legendary often encapsulates bad things too, however.

Well I'd say Bortles is doing pretty good when astronomical and legendary status' are being encapsulated.. What other NFL QB can say the same??...

Well, as far as scientific terminology, the newton is a measure of force. One newton is equal to the force needed to accelerate a mass of one kilogram one meter per second per second. Cam must have pretty quick release.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

There is Dalton's law of physics too.

(02-11-2019, 04:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 03:51 AM)Upper Wrote: Blake is so bad they named a pollution scale after him. Let it go.

https://twitter.com/wonderofscience/stat...2746726400

"The Bortle scale is a nine-level numeric scale that measures the night sky's brightness of a particular location. It quantifies the astronomical observability of celestial objects and the interference caused by light pollution."

If Blake is bad, why are they creating astronomical stuff after him? Sounds legendary imo.. Pretty much makes him a top QB in the league.

Measures the inability of observers to see stars in the field....too perfect.

Coughlin quote: "Blake is the quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars right now."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...right-now/
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That’s about all he can say.

(02-21-2019, 08:09 AM)Jags Wrote: That’s about all he can say.

Haha. Exactly. What else did you expect him to say?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He could have just said "Blake is the quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars." The addition of the words "right now" imply that a change is expected.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-21-2019, 10:09 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: He could have just said "Blake is the quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars." The addition of the words "right now" imply that a change is expected.

I would agree if Marrone said it. He has to be committed to the players on the current roster.

To me, TC is coming from an executive perspective where "...right now" is perfectly fine

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019, 11:11 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-11-2019, 04:55 AM)iapetus Wrote: The idea of trading picks and paying a high salary for a bridge quarterback who realistically won't be any better than Blake seems crazy to me. Either trade for a long-term starting QB, cut Blake, and draft a mid-round QB or keep Blake, and draft one in the first round (and may the best QB start - we already know Blake's got the character to sit behind a rookie starter while still giving what he can to the team, which many of the available QBs out there might not).

Yeah, because teams are lining up to trade QB's like Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, etc. There are no long term starters who are available via trade. If they were that good, teams would keep them. They wouldn't be trading them. Every QB on the trade block is just a bridge QB.

(02-21-2019, 10:14 AM)jagshype Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 10:09 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: He could have just said "Blake is the quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars." The addition of the words "right now" imply that a change is expected.

I would agree if Marrone said it. He has to be committed to the players on the current roster.

To me, TC is coming from an executive perspective where "...right now" is perfectly fine

Could also mean he’s the starter for this team heading in to next season but they plan to draft someone early. Either way this front office os tight lipped and professional you won’t get anything real juicy out of them which is good and how good organizations are run. I just love how the media acts like they’d be soooo shocked. Really wouldn’t be shocking he’s better than any other veteran option.

Sounds like some folks should put all that confidence on the avatar bet. Starts at post #258...
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

My perspective on all of this Bortles sticking around talk:

• The Jacksonville Jaguars will without doubt add a QB to their roster through free agency and/or the draft who they believe will upgrade the position
  • The odds of Bortles remaining on the roster for the 2019 season are very slim
  • The odds of Bortles being released March 13th with a June designation are very high

We'll know more in 2.5 weeks.

It would be pretty odd if Coughlin went on the radio to publicly release Blake. Both sides know whats gonna happen, it's just there's no benefit for the Jags to do it until they have to

(02-24-2019, 10:49 AM)JackCity Wrote: It would be pretty odd if Coughlin went on the radio to publicly release Blake. Both sides know whats gonna happen, it's just there's no benefit for the Jags to do it until they have to

Yeah. 

It makes zero sense to make any announcement of the teams intentions at QB in February. It would be really strange for TC or any team rep to proclaim anything about the impending Bortles decision. 
(even though it's already been made)

(02-24-2019, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 10:49 AM)JackCity Wrote: It would be pretty odd if Coughlin went on the radio to publicly release Blake. Both sides know whats gonna happen, it's just there's no benefit for the Jags to do it until they have to

Yeah. 

It makes zero sense to make any announcement of the teams intentions at QB in February. It would be really strange for TC or any team rep to proclaim anything about the impending Bortles decision. 
(even though it's already been made)
PR wise it's a really bad look too. Bad or not , there's a certain respect expected (especially for QBs) 

As others have said "right now" is the most important part of what Tom said.

(02-21-2019, 07:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Coughlin quote: "Blake is the quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars right now."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...right-now/

Careful, you're going to start a "smokescreen" debate thread that will go on for dozens of pages.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."