Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 12 - Falcons @ Jags ***

It's weird how one drive everyone is in complete sync but the next drive it looks like miscommunication everywhere

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-28-2021, 04:58 PM)jagman Wrote: Trevor, is he as good as we thought he would be?

We wont know until he gets a real coach and some receivers.

He doesn’t look like a generational QB to me at this point. He might be good but the term was a once in a generation prospect.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-28-2021, 04:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: This offense sucks and so does Lawrence.
Then you have something in common with the offense and Trevor.

(11-28-2021, 04:59 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Hard to tell why we'd continue to have so much miscommunication. Or maybe just bad throws.

Looks like Treadwell was interfered with but not egregious enough to call

pretty sure grabbing his arm and pulling it down was pretty blatant I saw it in real time... I was even more amazed it wasn't called in replay

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 05:03 PM by High Octane. Edited 1 time in total.)

We now are the owners of the #2 pick of the draft.

Thibs or Hutchinson can be ours if we want.

Edit: before the games, Jaguars had 3rd pick and Texans had 4th.

Both teams lose, but Texans moved ahead and currently have the 2nd pick.

Well, at least we made it interesting. However, here are my takeaways:
1. Penalties are killing us. Literally gifted the falcons at least 4.
2. Trevor Lawrence is not as pro ready as we thought. He has all the tools, but this is going to take some patience.
3. Don’t look now, but Campbell played his best game of the year. He is starting to look the part of being a major piece of this defense going forward.
4. The offensive line is killing drives. I don’t think there is a single player on the unit that is a must keep for next year to me.
5. Offense needs speed. We have talked about it all year, but we need someone to stretch the field and keep the defenses more honest. No one strikes fear as a home run hitter.

Lawerence made some big time throws. He's still making rookie mistakes and not on the same page with these guys. I have faith that once we put some NFL quality recievwrs around him he will turn this thing around. Not gonna happen until next year though.

(11-28-2021, 05:00 PM)rfc17 Wrote: It's weird how one drive everyone is in complete sync but the next drive it looks like miscommunication everywhere

That's called a young team.... amazes me how many of you guys don't understand how young of a team this is

Maybe it’s time to focus on the draft.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(11-28-2021, 04:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why in the hell did we not keep Keenan as our WR coach?

I wonder that all the time.

(11-28-2021, 05:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote: He doesn’t look like a generational QB to me at this point. He might be good but the term was a once in a generation prospect.

Tell me you don't know anything about football without saying you don't know anything about football.... look at some of the greatest quarterbacks and look at their rookie year....

(11-28-2021, 05:02 PM)Newton Wrote: Well, at least we made it interesting. However, here are my takeaways:
1. Penalties are killing us. Literally gifted the falcons at least 4.
2. Trevor Lawrence is not as pro ready as we thought. He has all the tools, but this is going to take some patience.
3. Don’t look now, but Campbell played his best game of the year. He is starting to look the part of being a major piece of this defense going forward.
4. The offensive line is killing drives. I don’t think there is a single player on the unit that is a must keep for next year to me.
5. Offense needs speed. We have talked about it all year, but we need someone to stretch the field and keep the defenses more honest. No one strikes fear as a home run hitter.

How many rookie QBs are "pro ready"? Nearly all look atrocious in their first year.

(11-28-2021, 05:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote: He doesn’t look like a generational QB to me at this point. He might be good but the term was a once in a generation prospect.

People are fast to blame Bevell because they don't want Lawrence to be a bust. 

I'm not ready to claim he's a bust just yet but it's painfully obvious he's not nearly as good as advertised.

(11-28-2021, 04:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Go Bucs maybe one of the Florida teams can do something this year

go root for them full-time

It’s impossible to evaluate him properly right now

(11-28-2021, 05:04 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

Tell me you don't know anything about football without saying you don't know anything about football.... look at some of the greatest quarterbacks and look at their rookie year....

So you're saying it's the coaches fault?

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 05:07 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD. Edited 1 time in total.)

I turned it off after the drive extending leveraging penalty. I assumed the game was, for all intents and purposes, over. I just saw the final, was there ever a point where we actually had a chance to win, or did garbage time points make the score closer than the actual game?

Agreed, missing way too many easy ones.  His accuracy is a major concern.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-28-2021, 05:05 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

People are fast to blame Bevell because they don't want Lawrence to be a bust. 

I'm not ready to claim he's a bust just yet but it's painfully obvious he's not nearly as good as advertised.
dude he got drafted to literally the worst team in the league.... he has no wide receivers.... and consistently playing from behind.... Trevor will be fine...