Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 12 - Falcons @ Jags ***

Week 12 is here and the Jags are fresh off another disheartening performance last week, falling to the San Francisco 49ers by a 30-10 margin. In a game that the Jags were never really in, the 49ers took the opening kickoff and went on to score 17 points before the Jaguars ran 5 total offensive plays. The 49ers, a middling team in the League this year didn't play all that well, but it was more than enough to handle the injury-riddled and less talented Jaguars, dropping them to 2 and 8 on the year.

Today the Jags take face the 4-5 Falcons, who are led by 1st year head coach Arthur Smith and longtime quarterback Matt Ryan. While Trevor Lawrence has not thrown a touchdown pass in the past three games the Atlanta Falcons have not scored a TD at all in the same stretch. This could be one of the Jags' few remaining chances to win a game this year as they next visit both the Rams and tittians on a 2 game road slate. Having lost Jamal Agnew for the season, Shaq Griffin to a concussion for now, and with James Robinson still nursing a bad wheel the Jags enter this game at a distinct personnel disadvantage. For the Falcons, utility man Cordarrelle Patterson is questionable as is linebacker Deion Jones.

Game time is at 1pm at our Bank, televised locally on Fox for those who care to watch.

Thoughts, commentary, observations, debate, arguments, and some snark to follow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Home game, dude

Used to be midnight, now 830am this thread gets started. I too thought it was in ATL. Enthusiasm is high for us all, I see. Wooo! Go sports!

(11-28-2021, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Home game, dude

My bad, wrong schedule year...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Can U say "Home Game"?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-28-2021, 10:43 AM)Jags Wrote: Used to be midnight, now 830am this thread gets started.  I too thought it was in ATL.  Enthusiasm is high for us all, I see.  Wooo! Go sports!

I was pretty hammered at midnight, pretty bleary-eyed at 0830.

Just win baby! Let’s get Trevor back on track.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Ah yes, the extra game added this season, will it be worth the watch? Probably not. Gonna spend my time playing with my black Friday gadgets

We are getting the titans game instead in our area as we are blacked balled again. Blacked out. What ever the word is. Go jags! Let's go offense. Get it going

(11-28-2021, 11:28 AM)Jag88 Wrote: We are getting the titans game instead in our area as we are blacked balled again. Blacked out. What ever the word is. Go jags! Let's go offense. Get it going

Regional broadcast decisions by the NFL and the networks purchasing broadcast rights aren't the same as blackouts, but it does seem silly that a market like Gainesville wouldn't air the Jags unless the Bucs have a good one on the books. 

It's better if the Jags are winning of course

I sold my tickets to this one and will be watching from home. First non-Covid restricted game I've missed since 2005! But the beer's cheaper here. ;-)

As always, I hope the Jags can pull out a W.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-28-2021, 11:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 11:28 AM)Jag88 Wrote: We are getting the titans game instead in our area as we are blacked balled again. Blacked out. What ever the word is. Go jags! Let's go offense. Get it going

Regional broadcast decisions by the NFL and the networks purchasing broadcast rights aren't the same as blackouts, but it does seem silly that a market like Gainesville wouldn't air the Jags unless the Bucs have a good one on the books. 

It's better if the Jags are winning of course

FOX 51 in Gainesville is showing the Bucs & Clots.

No love for the Jags.

Griffin out this game. It's a good ol' kitchen in the dungeon look for Matt Ryan today.

The great thing about electronic ticketing is it makes it really easy to sell your ticket. As long as you price it right. Which is what I did so here I am.

Like the Jags, my fantasy team needs a spark. So I picked up Russel Gage. I'm predicting the Falcons to win in embarrassing fashion while Gage puts up 0 yards on 0 targets for the most miserable Sunday of the season.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Josh Allen down...

Hopefully nothing major

The hits keep coming. Looks like something uper body, hottest hope its not a collarbone

The D is not in this game. Two 3rd downs allowed for a 1st. They’ll be dead.by halftime.

good stuff adam gotsis