Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon why the hate?

Speedy I'm not young....but I'm not  stupid either.

Just saying TJ has the stats, seems to have the heart.......and we just gave him a helluva' chance.

Don't you understand?...I was pointing out....all you armchair GMs would probably hate on a Fred Taylor pick if it was made today because of his "stats".

You can measure stats but you can't measure the things that make a great player.

Personally, I think TJ's got "it".

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They'll love him soon enough and be buying his jersey.

No RB's taken yet after him. Gotta tell u something. If people loved Coleman or Abdullah they'd be gone by now. Maybe we snagged the RB teams really wanted.

Quote:No RB's taken yet after him. Gotta tell u something. If people loved Coleman or Abdullah they'd be gone by now. Maybe we snagged the RB teams really wanted.

This is true as well. I think us fans overrated a lot of the "Top RBs".
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It was reported that people were enquiring about taking him at the end of the first round. Seems like he was the consensus 3rd best back according to the teams

Quote:No RB's taken yet after him. Gotta tell u something. If people loved Coleman or Abdullah they'd be gone by now. Maybe we snagged the RB teams really wanted.

The thing about that is it can (and will) be argued both ways.  One person will say that proves there would be plenty of backs in a later round who are just as good, and we reached by taking him at 36.  Another person will say those backs being available later proves that those other backs weren't highly regarded and he was, so we grabbed him.

The bottom line is that we can't know and it doesn't matter until he plays.  If he's good, it was a good pick.  Otherwise, not.

Quote:The thing about that is it can (and will) be argued both ways. One person will say that proves there would be plenty of backs in a later round who are just as good, and we reached by taking him at 36. Another person will say those backs being available later proves that those other backs weren't highly regarded and he was, so we grabbed him.

The bottom line is that we can't know and it doesn't matter until he plays. If he's good, it was a good pick. Otherwise, not.

Agreed

Ameer Abdullah was the next RB taken. I imagine we'll be comparing TJ to Ameer over the next several years. I know I wanted Ameer, but I'm hoping Caldwell's scouting habits prove better than my own.

'02

Quote:This guy has the best feet and lateral agility of any of the rbs that were remaining. Hes big, a true junior, disnt have too big of a workload at all in college, can catch, had the best short yardage conversion rate of all rbs IIRC...

Go watch video of him and look at his lateral agility which is the number 1 most important wuality in a RB and is why years ago I said trent richardson would be a bust when everyone else laughably called him the next AP. This kid is better than lacey and lacey has shown to b pretty good. Yeldon will be a workhorse every down back and a starter from day 1

I also like his vision and decisiveness, just wish he would have clocked a little faster in the 40.

Quote:I also like his vision and decisiveness, just wish he would have clocked a little faster in the 40.

A 4.52 isn't that slow for a RB. Only the fastest DBs are catching him from behind.

'02

Quote:Speedy I'm not young....but I'm not  stupid either.

Just saying TJ has the stats, seems to have the heart.......and we just gave him a helluva' chance.

Don't you understand?...I was pointing out....all you armchair GMs would probably hate on a Fred Taylor pick if it was made today because of his "stats".

You can measure stats but you can't measure the things that make a great player.

Personally, I think TJ's got "it".

If you're old enough to have been fortunate to watch Fred, then you'd know how ludicrous it was to compare him and Yeldon.

Yeldon is a nice back, but Fred is special.

In Jags239's sig, does TJ actually take a step in reverse at about the 22-yard line? I've seen stop-and-go moves before, but I've never quite seen that.

Also, has anyone considered a potential role for Yeldon in the return game?

'02

Or maybe other GMs realized what some of us have been saying...there's very little difference between each of these backs. Even Dave commented before the draft that you can find one in the 4th through 5th round. There was no need to draft Yeldon at 36th.

Quote:A 4.52 isn't that slow for a RB. Only the fastest DBs are catching him from behind.

A 4.52 is also his pro day #, which is always inflated. He's a 4.6 guy.

Hes a bigger version of post injury MJD. Lost his break away speed but still has good power and short area wiggle to him. Good hands and blocker too. 

The 3rd round pick made me like Yeldon all that more. Now that the offensive line is a strength, pound the ball to set up the play action. Yeldon and Denard compliment each other perfectly. 

They brought in all their guys on offense, time to sink or swim. 

Quote:In Jags239's sig, does TJ actually take a step in reverse at about the 22-yard line? I've seen stop-and-go moves before, but I've never quite seen that.

Dave said Denard will be taking KRs now that he's not the starter anymore. 

Quote:Hes a bigger version of post injury MJD. Lost his break away speed but still has good power and short area wiggle to him. Good hands and blocker too. 

The 3rd round pick made me like Yeldon all that more. Now that the offensive line is a strength, pound the ball to set up the play action. Yeldon and Denard compliment each other perfectly. 

They brought in all their guys on offense, time to sink or swim. 
Getting Cann certainly eases the pain a bit. I think he's a stud.

It's been reported that teams were enquiring about trading up for him at the bottom of the first. He's clearly better than the backs taken after him

Quote:A 4.52 is also his pro day #, which is always inflated. He's a 4.6 guy.

It's not really inflated. It's just not on the notoriously slow track at Indy with an electronic timer.

'02

Quote:In Jags239's sig, does TJ actually take a step in reverse at about the 22-yard line? I've seen stop-and-go moves before, but I've never quite seen that.

Usually, and am now using my phone on this board so having seen my sig in a while, but the last sig I think I had was ace sanders returning a punt.