Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon why the hate?

This guy has the best feet and lateral agility of any of the rbs that were remaining. Hes big, a true junior, disnt have too big of a workload at all in college, can catch, had the best short yardage conversion rate of all rbs IIRC...

Go watch video of him and look at his lateral agility which is the number 1 most important wuality in a RB and is why years ago I said trent richardson would be a bust when everyone else laughably called him the next AP. This kid is better than lacey and lacey has shown to b pretty good. Yeldon will be a workhorse every down back and a starter from day 1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I also like the pick, especially if he loses 10 pounds and regains the speed he showed as a freshman and sophomore.

If Krayz likes the pick then something is seriously wrong. Like I just entered the twilight zone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hes very comparable to leveon bell.. and he had the highest percentage of his runs go for 5 or more yards of any RB this year at 46% and had the toughest schedule (saw that stat on rotoworld) dude is legit

You mean you're not here to whine, cry and carry on like normal about a pick?

You're slackin..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I also like the pick, especially if he loses 10 pounds and regains the speed he showed as a freshman and sophomore.

No way hes perfect how he is i want that power too

Quote:You mean you're not here to whine, cry and carry on like normal about a pick?

You're slackin..

Many years have passed and plenty of apathy has set in since those days.. diff person

They'll love him soon enough and be buying his jersey.

James Starks comparison makes me die inside

Yeah looks pretty agile to me, much shiftier than any rb on our roster. I'm guessing people don't like it because they see him drafted lower on internet sites. The sort of people who lauded getting Mike Brewster in free agency because he had "3rd round value"

Quote:Many years have passed and plenty of apathy has set in since those days.. diff person

Wow.. That sucks.. You were a funny read..

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 08:20 PM by Mowerguy.)

I dunno...how can you hate on this?

TJ

6'1" 227 = college career - 3,322 yards 37 TD in three years

Guess who another Jags back was in college career

6' 1" 228 = college  3,075 31 TD in four years

we drafted him 9th

If ypou guys saw Freddie T out there today you'd pass?

I see similar moves...how can you hate on TJ?

Not like it's easy building stats like that in the SEC.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 08:18 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:James Starks comparison makes me die inside
So how do you feel about a Le'von Bell and Arian Foster comparison?

Quote:Jags select T.J. Yeldon as new feature back

T.J. Yeldon | JAC

(May 1, 2015 7:25 PM EDT)

Jaguars selected Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon with the No. 36 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Yeldon (6'1/226) outplayed Eddie Lacy as a true freshman before emerging as Alabama's lead back as a sophomore and junior, finishing his career with 3,322 yards and 37 TDs on 576 carries (5.77 YPC), along with 46 catches. Yeldon ran 4.61 at the Combine, but improved to 4.52/4.53 at the Crimson Tide's Pro Day. A downhill zone runner with smooth, gliding foot movement, Yeldon has some Arian Foster and Le'Veon Bell to his game. He's a "singles and doubles" rather than home-run hitter and one of the top pass-protecting backs in this draft. Yeldon gained five-plus yards on 46 percent of his 2014 carries, the highest rate in this year's class despite facing the toughest schedule. He has all the tools of an NFL every-down back. Yeldon is set up for immediate fantasy success as the Jags' new feature back, pushing Denard Robinson into a change-of-pace role and Toby Gerhart to H-back.
That really made me feel better.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

How does he compare in size to other backs in the league? Too lazy to look it up haha
Shock the world

Quote:I dunno...how can you hate on this?

TJ

6'1" 227 = college career - 3,322 yards 37 TD in three years

Guess who another Jags back was in college career

6' 1" 228 = college  3,075 31 TD in four years

we drafted him 9th

If ypou guys saw Freddie T out there today you'd pass?

I see similar moves...how can you hate on TJ?

Not like it's easy building stats like that in the SEC.
hahahahahha

Hold on... hold on....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you just compare TJ Yeldon to Freddy T?

Like...really?

You must be young, because you'd be out of your mind to make that comparison.

Yeah James Starks was the 193rd overall selection in the 2010 draft.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Incredible display of hubris in this thread.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Incredible display of hubris in this thread.

Dude... why you gotta make me google?

I don't think anybody disikes TJ Yeldon. It is more the fact of drafting a position with the 36th pick that is considered a dime a dozen in today's NFL. We will see how it pans out, but surely there were other areas that could have been addressed with that pick.

Yeldon is an everydown back who finishes runs and is great in pass protection/pass catching. Is he a home run hitter, no. But he runs hard and has great feet. I like it. B+

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>