Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite Superhero

I liked Gambit

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lynda Carter... yowza!!

[Image: 320468-116953-wonder-woman.jpg]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

It's always been Batman for me. When I first was introduced to him, it was never about the money that he had (although that is very important), but about the control that he had over his mind and body.

He didn't have any superpowers, but he was just as formidable as any other superhero who did. The others were "gifted" with it, Superman and most of the others were just born that way, Spiderman was dragged into that world by a (un)lucky spider bite, but Batman chose to be the way he is. He made himself into what he was. I dig that.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Thor, Colossus, DP, Surfer, Wonder Man

Huh

Quote:Thor, Colossus, DP, Surfer, Wonder Man

Huh.

I had another guy pegged as your favorite. Can't really put a name on him, just figured it would be someone else.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Tim Tebow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Huh.

I had another guy pegged as your favorite. Can't really put a name on him, just figured it would be someone else.

Drizzt Do'Urden isn't a superhero.  Confusedweat: (You have to know "where" Icewind Dale is to get that reference without Googling it).

I've been reading/following comics for a LONG time. I don't really have a favorite superhero anymore. Storm held that title in my youth, which changed to Magneto during the "Golden Age" of the X-Men (Claremont era). When that ended, I all but abandoned Marvel for DC. For the longest time I was all about GL-Hal Jordan (even when he "fell" and became Parallax).

These days, despite my name referencing Bizarro (who I am fond of), I'd have to say it's a toss up between The Specter and Black Adam...neither of whom are heroes in the traditional sense. In fact, Black Adam of late has been more anti-hero than anything else. He attracted my attention during his WWIII storyline (where he gets ticked off and beats down most of the DCU for "failing to get off his lawn") and his stuff in/surrounding Infinite Crisis leading up to the New 52 were amazing. Not really a fan of where he is now (most of the New 52 is absolute trash imo). I'm hoping they get Teth back to where he belongs.

The Specter literally is the manifestation of God's wrath bound to a mortal soul. Nothing else really needs to be said.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

When I was a kid, Superman was my favorite. I loved dressing up in my Superman costume and watching the movies and I used to have the toys with me all the time. Sadly, I'm not much of a superhero guy anymore (I haven't seen any of the recent superhero movies besides Batman, Superman, and Xmen) but I guess I still consider Superman my favorite.

Wolverine is a close second though because I find I can relate to him - kind of a loner who gets angry easily. lolz

Quote:Drizzt Do'Urden isn't a superhero.  Confusedweat: (You have to know "where" Icewind Dale is to get that reference without Googling it).

I've been reading/following comics for a LONG time. I don't really have a favorite superhero anymore. Storm held that title in my youth, which changed to Magneto during the "Golden Age" of the X-Men (Claremont era). When that ended, I all but abandoned Marvel for DC. For the longest time I was all about GL-Hal Jordan (even when he "fell" and became Parallax).

These days, despite my name referencing Bizarro (who I am fond of), I'd have to say it's a toss up between The Specter and Black Adam...neither of whom are heroes in the traditional sense. In fact, Black Adam of late has been more anti-hero than anything else. He attracted my attention during his WWIII storyline (where he gets ticked off and beats down most of the DCU for "failing to get off his lawn") and his stuff in/surrounding Infinite Crisis leading up to the New 52 were amazing. Not really a fan of where he is now (most of the New 52 is absolute trash imo). I'm hoping they get Teth back to where he belongs.

The Specter literally is the manifestation of God's wrath bound to a mortal soul. Nothing else really needs to be said.

Drizzt is just a bit overblown isn't he though?

I kid, I kid. That character is a running joke between a friend of mine and I meant no disrespect.

If we can go into fiction though, I might be tempted to pick Garret Jax. How's that for an obscure reference?!

Superman as a kid, Batman as an adult especially the sitcom Gotham.

Quote:Drizzt is just a bit overblown isn't he though?

I kid, I kid. That character is a running joke between a friend of mine and I meant no disrespect.

If we can go into fiction though, I might be tempted to pick Garret Jax. How's that for an obscure reference?!

Absolutely none taken. We had several about him as well, stemming from when they first released stats for him but that's not suitable discussion for here. I'll just say "5 unjustified attacks" and move on. I think anyone who's read any amount of fantasy literature has come across him at some point or another and derision usually immediately ensues.

To get back on track though, honorable mentions go to: The Black Panther, Black Bolt, Dr. Fate and Firestorm.

-Etrigan the Demon

Does Skeletor from He-Man count?  :woot: 

Marvel - Spider-Man (Peter Parker & Miles Morales), Daredevil, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

DC - Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green/Red Lantern (Guy Gardner), Animal Man

Comics are pretty much the reason I love these characters. Green Lantern by Geoff Johns and Ultimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis really got me into super hero comics as a whole. 

Quote:Marvel - Spider-Man (Peter Parker & Miles Morales), Daredevil, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

DC - Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green/Red Lantern (Guy Gardner), Animal Man

Comics are pretty much the reason I love these characters. Green Lantern by Geoff Johns and Ultimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis really got me into super hero comics as a whole. 

You are the first person I've ever seen say they actually like Guy Gardner...kudos!

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:You are the first person I've ever seen say they actually like Guy Gardner...kudos!
Yeah I find his antics hilarious. Loved it when he mooned Batman. And despite his attitude and ego, the Green Lantern Corps can always depend on him. 

I'm personally rather fond of Catwoman

Quote:Drizzt Do'Urden isn't a superhero.  Confusedweat: (You have to know "where" Icewind Dale is to get that reference without Googling it).

Not Kurosaki-kun?

Quote:Not Kurosaki-kun?

Close...Kurotsuchi-taicho! Wink

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Close...Kurotsuchi-taicho! Wink
Chair-sama is love

Isn't the Rock going to play BA in an upcoming film?

Huh