Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite Superhero

With the new Avengers movie coming out and the Batman vs. Superman trailer recently released, I thought people might share their favorite Superhero and why.

I love a bunch of them (Hulk, Batman, Wolverine) but my all time favorite was always Spiderman. I loved that he had super powers, but wasn't invincible and had to use his brain to win fights.

What about everyone else?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Batman! he's the Baddest of the Bad!

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Wonder Woman!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Wonder Woman!!

My sister had Wonder Woman PJ'S when we were little. Wonder Woman seemed more popular 30 years ago
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 07:26 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Buffy Summers.  I think she counts as a super hero.  She saved the world in any case.  (A lot)  And Wikipedia lists her as a superhero.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Was always a Batman guy myself.

Not really a super hero, but I was a Lobo fan as a youngin'..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Not really a super hero, but I was a Lobo fan as a youngin'..

Lobo is one of those "second tier" guys.  Less popular, but still has a good following.  He is a good one, just like a lot of the 2nd tier guys.  

― Albert Camus

I was always a Batman guy.  Grew up watching the old campy TV show, and reading comics when comics were still mainstream.

I went to see the movie in the theater.  Still pop it in the DVD player from time to time for my kids.

My grandmother made my brother and I Batman and Robin costumes when we were very young.

So yeah, Batman I have the fondest memories of.  Definitely NOT looking forward to the upcoming Superman/Batman movie, though...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My sister had Wonder Woman PJ'S when we were little. Wonder Woman seemed more popular 30 years ago

Lynda Carter... yowza!!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Spiderman as a kid

Batman as an adult

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:My sister had Wonder Woman PJ'S when we were little. Wonder Woman seemed more popular 30 years ago

Not many female superheroes out there for little girls to look up to.

I've never really considered Batman a "superhero". Yeah...he had some really cool gadgets, but at the end of the day he was just a rich dude with great toys, but no super powers.

Quote:I've never really considered Batman a "superhero". Yeah...he had some really cool gadgets, but at the end of the day he was just a rich dude with great toys, but no super powers.

Well he can beat up "super"man
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 09:14 PM by JagsFan1.)

Batman... The fact that he didn't have any superhuman powers is another reason why I've always liked him. Just a regular guy puttin in work.

Search for batman vs. superman pete holmes on youtube.

I'd place the link but there a few f-bombs in the vid and not sure if that is against the rule book.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:Search for batman vs. superman pete holmes on youtube.

I'd place the link but there a few f-bombs in the vid and not sure if that is against the rule book.

It is.

Silver surfer

The Invisible Man

Oh the places I could go without being seen are unlimited.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Forgot the why.

Buffy is my favorite because her whole story is built on the trope of "Mugging the Monster".    She's just the unassuming pretty blonde girl who monsters think are helpless.  ...At least until they learn who she is, and then she's the thing they search under their beds at night before going to bed.  (or as the case may be, in the morning before going to bed)  Everyone except her friends and enemies have no idea just how tough she is.  And few people know just how often she saves the world.  On top of it she's also a bit of a tragic character who nobody expects to live a very long life.  That she makes it to eighteen is nothing short of a miracle.  And at the same time she doesn't really brood.  She's got pep and other cheerleadery attributes in spite of everything.  The puns also help.  Even the bad ones.  It's kind of like her secret wea-pun.

To be honest I was never into super heroes much growing up.  I didn't like Superman.  I preferred the villains really.  The whole idea of world domination sounded cool to me.  But Buffy clicked with me.  

I do like Batman now.  He and The Flash are probably two of my favorite more traditional heroes.  I might have to give it to the Flash overall (of traditional heroes) because his super speed is awesome, especially his uses of it.  Though I think the recent TV show has gotten me more into him than anything else.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.